Digital Resident ID's

Old 04-03-2024, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

So, if the police pulled you over for a traffic violation and demanded to see your license and registration, he should be fine with seeing a digital copy on your cell phone right?

Wrong. It has to be the actual license, and the actual registration.

The rules in the Villages are - facsimiles are not permitted. You're required to show your actual physical ID. In fact, the rule specifies that copies and photos are not allowed. If someone scanned a digital copy and let you through, then they could get fired if someone complained, because they are required to only scan the actual card, and not a digital copy of one.

If you don't mind putting someone's job at risk because you feel the rules don't apply to you, well - that speaks more about you, than it does the rule.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH01 View Post
While at the pool on Sunday with my family the attendant came around to check ID's. I have mine digitally in my wallet app on my cell phone. The attendant scanned the ID from my digital app and went on her way. On Monday, another attendant came around to check ID's and told me I couldn't use the app for my ID.

I am usually not a rule breaker, but I don't like to bring my wallet (where my ID is located) to the pool. Most everyone has a cell phone these days. Airports have no issue when people put there boarding pass on their cell phone. It is time to get out of the 1980's.
Not uncommon for different employers to interpret rule’s differently. Some will put ID number in and you face comes up along with all information, some are too lazy to do it and make you drive back home to get ID when forget wallet.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
So, if the police pulled you over for a traffic violation and demanded to see your license and registration, he should be fine with seeing a digital copy on your cell phone right?

Wrong. It has to be the actual license, and the actual registration.

The rules in the Villages are - facsimiles are not permitted. You're required to show your actual physical ID. In fact, the rule specifies that copies and photos are not allowed. If someone scanned a digital copy and let you through, then they could get fired if someone complained, because they are required to only scan the actual card, and not a digital copy of one.

If you don't mind putting someone's job at risk because you feel the rules don't apply to you, well - that speaks more about you, than it does the rule.
Putting someone job at risk? You kidding right. They are in control.

By license plate police know who registered the car and if it currently have insurance. They ask questions see if you’re lying and ID picture confirms who they’re talking to.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Putting someone job at risk? You kidding right. They are in control.

By license plate police know who registered the car and if it currently have insurance. They ask questions see if you’re lying and ID picture confirms who they’re talking to.
Not just any picture ID. Your drivers license. Not a digital copy of one on your wallet app, the actual plastic one you're required, by law, to have with you when you get behind the wheel of a car, motorcycle, moped, truck, or LSV in the state of Florida.

And yes - when you show a digital id to someone at the rec center desk, and they accept that ID, they are risking their jobs by accepting it. They are not allowed to accept them, they're supposed to make you show them your actual ID. If they don't, and if the person behind you thinks "hey - I always have to show mine, why does this guy get a free pass?" then they can complain to the Recreation department of the Villages, and that guy at the counter checking IDs will get in trouble. If he's done it a few times and been turned in for it, the could lose his job.
Old 04-03-2024, 11:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I've worked in tech for over 30 years. I think several people in this thread are misunderstanding the point of the original post. Equating a "pool pass" to a drivers license is hilarious. Not to mention that many top civilized countries in the world currently use digitized drivers licences.

No one outside of TV cares about using our pools anyways.

The complaints by residents that TV is using two decade old technology and processes are completely valid. Unfortunately some people will just fight change at any cost.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I've worked in tech for over 30 years. I think several people in this thread are misunderstanding the point of the original post. Equating a "pool pass" to a drivers license is hilarious. Not to mention that many top civilized countries in the world currently use digitized drivers licences.

No one outside of TV cares about using our pools anyways.

The complaints by residents that TV is using two decade old technology and processes are completely valid. Unfortunately some people will just fight change at any cost.
That’s the OP point....according to your interpretation. The OP clearly violated the rules by presenting a digital copy instead of the TV issued hard copy....period. Everybody agrees it’s an archaic method....but until that changes, you do what’s expected of you. I brought this up in another post/thread how geriatrics comes full circle to pediatrics...at times. Translation; ‘you did it for her, why can’t you do it for me?’ or ‘ I saw you let him in, why can’t I do the same thing?’ Very middle school ish! It may not rise to a termination for an attendant but why even put them in that vulnerable position? There’s an old saying that is warranted here...’rules are for thee, not for me’!
Old 04-04-2024, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

The starter shacks are no different some ask for ID and some don't.

Tags
app, ids, phone, cell, attendant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.