Dine and dashes sicken me.

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Angry Dine and dashes sicken me.

It's unbelievable people do this to the mostly hard working servers. Tonight we were at Tierra Del Sol and a couple sitting next to us slipped out with their leftovers leaving the waiter stuck. The place was packed, our waiter was busting his ass to cover every one of his customers needs and these aholes decide it wasn't enough so screw him. I just wanted to post this to make others aware. I've heard this happens and I think it's despicable to do to any server or establishment. If you don't like the service do the right thing and take it up with the manager.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
It's unbelievable people do this to the mostly hard working servers. Tonight we were at Tierra Del Sol and a couple sitting next to us slipped out with their leftovers leaving the waiter stuck. The place was packed, our waiter was busting his ass to cover every one of his customers needs and these aholes decide it wasn't enough so screw him. I just wanted to post this to make others aware. I've heard this happens and I think it's despicable to do to any server or establishment. If you don't like the service do the right thing and take it up with the manager.
I, for one, would have followed them and snapped a picture of their license plate

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I, for one, would have followed them and snapped a picture of their license plate
I agree. Do they have NO feelings at all for others????? Both of them??? I am furious just hearing this.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:16 PM

Do you mean they left without a tip? Or did you mean they left without paying the bill?
Old 11-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Some people IMO do this to get free meal. They wait for opportunity then pounce. Usually this scam is completed by were the bathroom is placed they look for it close to the door and wait when busy and sneak out. Most restaurants combat this by placing cashier at the door and cameras. They probably had it planned from the begainning?
Old 11-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeleb View Post
Do you mean they left without a tip? Or did you mean they left without paying the bill?
In my opinion, Dine and Dash means they left without paying the bill.

Horrific!
Old 11-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Sage

Quite frankly they walked put and I had no idea what happened till the waiter came over to their table, picked up the tab with only the unsigned slip and he ran out and came back in obviously upset. I was watching the television and eating when this happened.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Some people IMO do this to get free meal. They wait for opportunity then pounce. Usually this scam is completed by were the bathroom is placed they look for it close to the door and wait when busy and sneak out. Most restaurants combat this by placing cashier at the door and cameras. They probably had it planned from the begainning?
I've heard of it happening here in the villages and of course other places. This couple must have done this when they asked for a take home box when the server bought the check. Unfortunately I wasn't paying that much attention to them at the time so I'm of no help.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Quite frankly they walked put and I had no idea what happened till the waiter came over to their table, picked up the tab with only the unsigned slip and he ran out and came back in obviously upset. I was watching the television and eating when this happened.
A few years ago I mistakenly walked out with my signed copy of the tab rather than the unsigned copy. Didn't discover that until I reached home 20 minutes later. I returned to the restaurant and corrected my mistake.

Hopefully the couple described by the OP made an honest mistake and will do the right thing. I like to think they will.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 11-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

When I posted a dine and dash (meaning you dine and dash out not paying the check) that happened at Fenney Grill some thought That does not happen in TV.

Those who choose this lifestyle do it well, and by the time the waitstaff realize what happened they are long gone.

So following out to the parking lot to take a pic is never going to happen.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
When I posted a dine and dash (meaning you dine and dash out not paying the check) that happened at Fenney Grill some thought That does not happen in TV.

Those who choose this lifestyle do it well, and by the time the waitstaff realize what happened they are long gone.

So following out to the parking lot to take a pic is never going to happen.
It is open to the public you know
Old 11-16-2018, 08:30 PM
Sage
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
A few years ago I mistakenly walked out with my signed copy of the tab rather than the unsigned copy. Didn't discover that until I reached home 20 minutes later. I returned to the restaurant and corrected my mistake.

Hopefully the couple described by the OP made an honest mistake and will do the right thing. I like to think they will.

Don
I would like to think this would happen but I don't believe the waiter had a card to run or at least there would be a paper trail. I can only say judging by the waiter's demeanor and actions he never got to run a credit card.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:37 PM

Sounds like something a low life teenager would pull, not an adult Vilkager...hopefully!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,733 Times in 5,252 Posts

The signature really means nothing. If they provided a credit card, they would still be charged. But, if they were skipping out without paying, why would they provide a credit card in the first place? In any case, the waiter should not be responsible for the cost of the meal.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Platinum member

Karma will get the in the end !!!!

Tags
waiter, wanted, dashes, post, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.