Dinner Special ( NOT )

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Default Dinner Special ( NOT )

I've deceided to recant my post as buggyone has made a valid point. Sorry for the confusion. I will go to dinner earlier. All is good.

Last edited by Penguin; 09-25-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Email Reported As Spam

That's a shame. That prime rib special really is excellent. They should have at least put on their board, out front, that the special was finished, and the hostess should have told you....even if you didn't ask. After all, it's pretty obvious that is what drew the large number of people, causing the long wait.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Sage

Did you forget this is The Villages? Lots of the folks who go to the clubs for dinner get there at 4:30 or 5 pm. Waiting until 7 pm for dinner is for those "outside of The Dome".

Seriously, restaurant management can only guess how many people will be ordering their prime rib special. They would rather sell out than to have left over that would be wasted. Just business - nothing more.

It would have been a good business practice to let the hostess announce that the prime rib special was all sold out as soon as the kitchen knew about it. I would suggest the OP contact the manager of Cane Garden Club and let him know of that suggestion for future usage and to let the manager know of his disappointment last night. If the manager does not know that a customer was disappointed and left - there is nothing that the manager can do to make sure it does not happen again.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Sage

How about taking reservations for the prime rib special buyers?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:33 AM

You could have had the liver and onions instead. It's great.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.