Direct TV - Dish TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Default Direct TV - Dish TV

Have Spectrum for inter-net and TV not satisfied with DVR (box for each TV non inter-connected) Had Direct TV and not satisfied and would like input on Dish TV
Old 01-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Veteran member

not much different than direct tv .. I have gone back and forth a few times .. I have dish now and am thinking of changing soon back to direct... dish has not had ABC channel now for several months.. they are fighting over $$ with the local station.. as soon as my 2yr contract is up in a couple months I'm swittching
Old 01-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Location: Georgia, S.C., Pa., West Va.,Tenn, Tx, Fl. Hemingway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
not much different than direct tv .. I have gone back and forth a few times .. I have dish now and am thinking of changing soon back to direct... dish has not had ABC channel now for several months.. they are fighting over $$ with the local station.. as soon as my 2yr contract is up in a couple months I'm swittching
Check out FUBO Tv. You won't need cable or dish, only a good internet speed. Save money for sure. I found the local Orlando Channels to be Police Reports and national news feeds. Several weather options on FUBO Tv. It may not be for everyone, but it works for us.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:40 PM
Default Now streaming YouTube TV

Have had both Directv and Dish, but now streaming YouTubeTV through Xfinity/Comcast
WIFI only service. Have great reception.
Very satisfied, getting everything we are looking to watch, less costly than Direct or Dish.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by END OTT View Post
Have Spectrum for inter-net and TV not satisfied with DVR (box for each TV non inter-connected) Had Direct TV and not satisfied and would like input on Dish TV
I have had DirecTV for 17 years. Great reception and huge channel selections. Actually way too many. Their pricing has become ridiculously high in recent years. Since I believe the future of TV is streaming, not cable or satellite I am seriously considering You Tube TV. It offers 85 channels, local stations, unlimited DVR recordings, sports, and movies for half of what I am paying now without sacrificing the channels I watch regularly.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:48 PM

What part of DirecTV were you dissatisfied with? The multiple boxes? Have you tried Directv stream? There is an app (which isn't that good IMO because you can not enter a channel # to go to a channel) but there is also a Directv stream box that works just like the sat box/dvr. You buy the directv stream box. They had refurbs when I signed up for $50. I think a new one is about $200 but you can get the cost added to the monthly bill at 0% interest until paid. With Spectrum internet you don't have a data cap so no extra internet charges. Price for directv stream is about half on directv monthly sat charges.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:34 AM

Quote:
As you already have internet, agree with others here that you should check out the streaming options. Depending on what type of programming you are looking for, you can save quite a bit of money, and you won't need to pay monthly fees for their box. DVR capabilities can be had as well.

And no ugly dish on the outside of your house.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

ATT totally screwed up Direct TV when they bought them out.

AT&T bought DirecTV for $49 billion ($67 billion including debt) in July 2015 even though DirecTV and other traditional TV services were already losing subscribers in the face of competition from online streaming. Customer losses were inevitable, but DirecTV's losses under AT&T ownership went far beyond anything experienced by other major TV providers.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

Direct TV is the worst. Way overpriced, you can't go wrong with YouTube TV for $65 a month.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:51 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALEPQ View Post
Have had both Directv and Dish, but now streaming YouTubeTV through Xfinity/Comcast
WIFI only service. Have great reception.
Very satisfied, getting everything we are looking to watch, less costly than Direct or Dish.
I've had YouTubeTV for the past few weeks. A little different than what I'm used to, Dish which I have back up north. I can just have a firestick here and there at no extra cost. We'll see how it goes.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:14 PM

We have gone back and forth with Direct and Dish over the years. We got fed up with pixilation and signal loss when the storms roll in with Direct and Dish. Went back to Xfinity 2 years ago and absolutely no signal issues ever. I might add that Xfinity internet is ultra-fast and never goes out. Good to have easy high quality.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
We have gone back and forth with Direct and Dish over the years. We got fed up with pixilation and signal loss when the storms roll in with Direct and Dish. Went back to Xfinity 2 years ago and absolutely no signal issues ever. I might add that Xfinity internet is ultra-fast and never goes out. Good to have easy high quality.
Xfinity users in Glenview/Polo Ridge are currently complaining that Xfinity has been out for them for 2 days.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:45 PM

Direct TV dumped Newsmax overnight. They took out OAN a year ago. Politically driven controls. Time to cancel your Direct TV service.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:32 PM

Have had dish and direct, not much difference. Dropped it and stream only
Old 01-26-2023, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Just wait a little while and the Villages is sure to start their own TV station here in the Villages. It will have all the old TV shows like 'leave it to beaver', 'The lone ranger', 'Rawhide', 'Gunsmoke' and more of what Old Retired People would watch.
Closed Thread

Tags
direct, dish, satisfied, input, inter-connected

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.