District 6 residents

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Veteran member
Default District 6 residents

Please send me an email if you would reject the golf cart paths having lines on the sides or center. This would be a total irresponsible waste of money. My email is ddebbe@gmail.com FYI I live in Virginia Trace. Thank you This is legit just in case they think they want to do this. District 8 is doing it against will of many residents.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Platinum member

I think even those against striping agree that visability on the MMPs can be difficult in darkness or inclement weather. I want to hear, or see in writing, their suggestions for making the paths safer. "Personal responsibility" doesn't cut it for those who drive to meet the conditions. We are still being passed by speeding carts, having to take actions to avoid others taking both haves of the middle. Being blinded by oncoming carts or from carts tailgating. Why is making the paths safer for all an "irresponsible waste of money"?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I think even those against striping agree that visability on the MMPs can be difficult in darkness or inclement weather. I want to hear, or see in writing, their suggestions for making the paths safer. "Personal responsibility" doesn't cut it for those who drive to meet the conditions. We are still being passed by speeding carts, having to take actions to avoid others taking both haves of the middle. Being blinded by oncoming carts or from carts tailgating. Why is making the paths safer for all an "irresponsible waste of money"?
Nicely stated.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Mleeja - What makes you think that striping will change the selfish, careless, self-centered ways of a speeding cart, a tailgater or a cart driving 'both halves of the middle'? How does a stripe make the path safer if drivers still abuse the space? Gun laws don't stop murders, red lights don't stop drivers from running thru them, stop signs don't make drivers stop at them...even villages gates are broken by the impatient! Only a courteous, disciplined driver exercising personal responsibility on the paths will make them safer...not a stripe - in the middle or along the edge!

Old 09-05-2015, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

I propose concrete barrier's down the center and guard rails down the sides all paths! Might as well deplete all the excess funds so monthly tax can be raised to more unrealistic level. After all we are all rich here in th villages and somebody need to redirect or bank accounts:

Might as well put anti braking self stopping radar on all carts and breathizer starting also. And eye test to get the cart to move.

"O" I forgot wire cage on the sides of golf cart so we don't fall out? That should cover all safety concerns? Notice I said should?
Old 09-05-2015, 06:15 AM

I'm not understanding how striping will stop being blinded by oncoming carts or keep drivers from tailgating. How will striping stop a cart from passing another? It may stop someone from driving in the middle of the path, but honestly, the only time I've seen this is when the driver is trying to avoid something on their side of the road--a fallen palm frond, a sprinkler gone awry, or a deep puddle, for instance.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The engineer that performed the study stated that he observed carts using the CDD4 striped path and concluded that the carts tended to cross into the left path when passing someone (walker, slower cart), then quickly moved back into their proper lane. As opposed to the non-striped path behavior, where the passing cart meandered along the path over a longer distance in the other lane. That is exactly what I want a center line to cause.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Striping on the multi-modal paths will not make them safer for everyone. It will make them slipperier when damp for skaters, cyclists etc.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
Striping on the multi-modal paths will not make them safer for everyone. It will make them slipperier when damp for skaters, cyclists etc.
Are you going to skating in the rain? Everyone keeps telling me what they wouldn't do. What would you do to improve the safety of the MMPs. I want a serious answer, not some comment like the "concrete barrier in the middle"? That does not add value to the disucssion.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Mleeja - What makes you think that striping will change the selfish, careless, self-centered ways of a speeding cart, a tailgater or a cart driving 'both halves of the middle'? How does a stripe make the path safer if drivers still abuse the space? Gun laws don't stop murders, red lights don't stop drivers from running thru them, stop signs don't make drivers stop at them...even villages gates are broken by the impatient! Only a courteous, disciplined driver exercising personal responsibility on the paths will make them safer...not a stripe - in the middle or along the edge!
I can't change the actions of irresponsible drivers. Unfortunately, some of them are the ones against the striping. I want the MMPs to have stripes so I can use them as reference points in the dark or the rain. I want to have as many tools as possible to protect myself. Just like gun laws, I can own a gun to protect myself from the "crazies". Why can't I have stripes to help me from the "crazies" when I am driving?

Last edited by Mleeja; 09-05-2015 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
I can't change the actions of irresponsible drivers...
I agree, Mleeja. Whether for or against striping, the attempt to somehow say striping is not needed because there are some bad drivers out there makes no sense.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
I can't change the actions of irresponsible drivers. Unfortunately, some of them are the ones against the striping. I want the MMPs to have stripes so I can use them as reference points in the dark or the rain. I want to have as many tools as possible to protect myself. Just like gun laws, I can own a gun to protect myself from the "crazies". Why can't I have stripes to help me from the "crazies" when I am driving?
Perhaps because a gun is a tool that enables you to take a specific protective action? How are you going to use that stripe to protect anything? You said yourself, "I can't change the actions of irresponsible drivers." - the stripe is not going to protect you from the irresponsible and you don't need protection from the responsible!

Old 09-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I agree, Mleeja. Whether for or against striping, the attempt to somehow say striping is not needed because there are some bad drivers out there makes no sense.
So will striping change irresponsible drivers into responsible ones? NOT! But I bet it will further frustrate responsible drivers who post-striping will expect all drivers to drive responsibly and stay within their lines.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Sage
Default District 6 residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
So will striping change irresponsible drivers into responsible ones? NOT! But I bet it will further frustrate responsible drivers who post-striping will expect all drivers to drive responsibly and stay within their lines.
Once again, I simply fail to see the logic.

Name a roadway safety feature that has turned or will turn an irresponsible driver into a responsible one. There are none.

And responsible drivers never expect all drivers to act responsibly all the time.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 09-05-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Platinum member

I have asked in this thread and other threads on this topic for those who are against the striping to offer alternatives to make the MMPs safer. All I have received is....nothing...well not serious replies anyway. I have received a lot of criticism because I support the idea of improving the safety of the MMPs.

If striping is not needed, then let leave it off the streets and highways as well. We all responsible and will drive in the correct manner.

Tags
email, residents, district, ddebbe@gmail.com, trace, virginia, legit, live, fyi, case, irresponsible, reject, golf, cart, paths, send, lines, total, waste, money, center, sides

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.