Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
how so?
Nobody's got a pass yet.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

The sheriff has dropped the investigation....seems to be a pass to me. 50 k is not chump change.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
The sheriff has dropped the investigation....seems to be a pass to me. 50 k is not chump change.
Where do you get your information? The Sheriff has exhausted all leads, the case has not been dropped and is still open.
This was in the DS, online news.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
That is just so much BS!
I couldn't have said it better.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

All, here is my suggestion, since we the people are going to be stuck with the bill, put the entire $50K into a reward. With that amount on the line, I am sure we will get results, then collect the 50K from the perps, and use that to reduce future VCDD bills. Personally, I would go for the repair cost AND the reward cost....

Now please do not shoot the messenger, but this whole mess has stirred up a lot of passion, and finger pointing, and I doubt that the existing $1000 reward is going to bring someone forward. The larger reward, with the stipulation that it leads to an arrest and conviction, may work. If that does not work, I have no idea, what to try next.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't understand that part. Usually you and I are on the same page, but that puzzles me.

I was struck again by the fact that so many think the whole village of Lake Miona are " in on it". I think that a lot are as sure as those who don't live there as to who did it, like most of us are sure who did it, but we have so many loud motor sounds going on in our neighborhood with edgers and blowers and trimmers, unless you were looking at something, you wouldn't know a tree was being cut on. You have to go to sumterpa.com to look at the map to see that those trees were on a little Island behind the properties.

I am just thinking it unjust to blame other innocent people for covering up something they had no real knowledge of.

And the part I am reading on the online news of people blaming people for a cover-up who live in a larger home who they think are the "monied rich" is REALLY unfair.
GG, what I was attempting to convey was that a meaningful reward needs to be offered. The 'golf for life at the CC's' was a feeble attempt at humor.

It seems to me likely that several folks were complicit in this; even if initiated by one person it was a cooperative project at minimum through post if not prior knowledge . Now who would risk doing such a thing other than those who would benefit from it?

I doubt some looney tune thought to himself, "Just for the heck of it I'll just go cut down that stand of oak trees to improve the view of the lake from those houses over there."

Furthermore, how could it possibly have gone unnoticed by those in the area, especially those whose lake views were obstructed?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
GG, what I was attempting to convey was that a meaningful reward needs to be offered. The 'golf for life at the CC's' was a feeble attempt at humor.

It seems to me likely that several folks were complicit in this; even if initiated by one person it was a cooperative project at minimum through post if not prior knowledge . Now who would risk doing such a thing other than those who would benefit from it?

I doubt some looney tune thought to himself, "Just for the heck of it I'll just go cut down that stand of oak trees to improve the view of the lake from those houses over there."

Furthermore, how could it possibly have gone unnoticed by those in the area, especially those whose lake views were obstructed?
What you think seems valid to me and as best as I can figure out there is only a few homes whose lake views were obstructed. Now they are obstructed again.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What you think seems valid to me and as best as I can figure out there is only a few homes whose lake views were obstructed. Now they are obstructed again.
Good! If it was up to me I would have planted even larger trees and more of them right where the trees had been cut down.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Good! If it was up to me I would have planted even larger trees and more of them right where the trees had been cut down.
I agree with your sentiment, but you would have found it very difficult and expensive...almost impossible...to plant trees larger than those cut down.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I agree with your sentiment, but you would have found it very difficult and expensive...almost impossible...to plant trees larger than those cut down.
I know. I was expressing my sentiment.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
I know. I was expressing my sentiment.
Totally agree.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

About two weeks since the last post here. Sometimes rumors are useful. Although I am not politically involved in TV or Sumter County, I find it not surprising that a rumor is circulating that the tree cutter is a person with " powerful political" ties.

Whoever , we need to keep the pressure on our elected reps to up the ante and increase the reward to at least $10,000 or more.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
About two weeks since the last post here. Sometimes rumors are useful. Although I am not politically involved in TV or Sumter County, I find it not surprising that a rumor is circulating that the tree cutter is a person with " powerful political" ties.

Whoever , we need to keep the pressure on our elected reps to up the ante and increase the reward to at least $10,000 or more.

Does the rumor offer any clue as to why a person with "powerful political" ties would want these trees removed?
Old 06-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Does the rumor offer any clue as to why a person with "powerful political" ties would want these trees removed?

There is a man running fo rsome local office who lives in that village but he doesn't live where the trees have gone and come back again.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

No info on who!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.