Are the districts being conned again?

Old 03-29-2024, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam&rog View Post
The developer is promoting turning over inside deed restrictions to the districts under the guise of stopping under age kids living here.

Sounds good until you realize that enforcement of short term rentals would also be included.

Airbnb website lists 1000 plus rentals under The Villages Fl.

Imagine the costs to address this with lawyer fees and court costs paid by us. Because the developer sees what is happening and wants to pawn another problem onto the districts.
Time to say no thank you.
Everyone should understand what is happening because if this happens our expenses will surely head north!!
Old 03-29-2024, 07:36 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
All due respect, this one was covered extensively in a recent thread.
Yes. It has been. Why do people rehash old topics? Maybe just to stir the pot?
Old 03-29-2024, 08:02 AM

Anything to get rid of short term rentals (leases under 6 months) in The Villages is a good thing!
Old 03-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
Everyone should understand what is happening because if this happens our expenses will surely head north!!

They’re going north anyway and there NOTHING we can do about it. And if that’s not they enough just add it to maintenance fee.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Yes. It has been. Why do people rehash old topics? Maybe just to stir the pot?
Or someone didnt notice earlier thread/ Three months or more or less after a thread how many of us remember it in detail?
Old 03-29-2024, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Or someone didnt notice earlier thread/ Three months or more or less after a thread how many of us remember it in detail?
Probably not many. But what about a thread that was active just five DAYS earlier (see post #15)?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-29-2024, 10:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
So it is your belief that because you are aware that this subject was addressed in the past that all other members are automatically aware as well? I stop in here every day and haven't seen it. The fact that people are adding comments to this new, revisited posting on this subject is evidence that the new posting about this matter is of interest to them.
Yip Yap Yip Yap.....sorry my CPA up north is on line two!
Old 03-29-2024, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORBILL66 View Post
Anything to get rid of short term rentals (leases under 6 months) in The Villages is a good thing!
I second that emotion...........or motion.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORBILL66 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I second that emotion...........or motion.
So people who want to rent for two to three months, as recommended by many on this board (since a Lifestyle Visit is not enough), so that they can really get a feel for TV before buying, are out of luck?

-Tom Petty
Old 03-29-2024, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
So people who want to rent for two to three months, as recommended by many on this board (since a Lifestyle Visit is not enough), so that they can really get a feel for TV before buying, are out of luck?
Why can’t the get feel in 6 months. IMO should be no rentals in retirement community. They developers buildings and homes used for lifestyle are not included cause they’re not private owned retirees O wait this not retirement community but extended Disneyland.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Why can’t the get feel in 6 months. IMO should be no rentals in retirement community. They developers buildings and homes used for lifestyle are not included cause they’re not private owned retirees O wait this not retirement community but extended Disneyland.
I can find no text in the majority of the deed restrictions I've read that prohibits rentals.

I can remember no text in the majority of the deed restrictions I've read that mentions any exception for developer-owned properties?

I see no exceptions in any of the Florida statutes that except developer-owned properties either.

I personally like living in the adult Disneyland. I like being able to have friends stay in my house when they visit. I like being able to find places to rent in the Villages when family visits for longer periods of time. Fortunately, the deed restrictions and Florida statutes appear to accommodate those things.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I can find no text in the majority of the deed restrictions I've read that prohibits rentals.

I can remember no text in the majority of the deed restrictions I've read that mentions any exception for developer-owned properties?

I see no exceptions in any of the Florida statutes that except developer-owned properties either.

I personally like living in the adult Disneyland. I like being able to have friends stay in my house when they visit. I like being able to find places to rent in the Villages when family visits for longer periods of time. Fortunately, the deed restrictions and Florida statutes appear to accommodate those things.
It don’t have to be there the developers pull ALL strings. Developers since I been have Never enforced inside rules that I was aware of. But got plenty of extension’s from district to do what they want.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Not everyone can afford 6 month rentals. Not everyone is already retired and can take 6 months off their jobs... And if they do buy, they may need that added income to carry the home until they -do- move in full time...

And you want ZERO rentals? Typical "I got mine" attitude...

I'm not yet a "frog", and we don't rent out our home when we're not there. We consider ourselves lucky to be able to pull that off...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-29-2024, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:

-Tom Petty
Old 03-29-2024, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Probably not many. But what about a thread that was active just five DAYS earlier (see post #15)?
I am an active poster on here and do not read every thread, just the ones that perk my interest.

Might not be interested in one yesterday but might be with another one days later.

Tags
districts, rentals, costs, developer, imagine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.