Are the districts being conned again?

Old 04-01-2024, 08:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Not only about rentals, internal also goes to having kids live with you, kids staing more than 30 days a year, noise complaints. Also, not sure the state bill has any teeth in it or how they will enforce.
Will need to create new agency and call it "Village Enforcement" and they will need to enforce all of the BNB Operations, golf cart speeders, independently investigate Morse Blvd cart vs car accidents, enforce crosses and other similar things, monitor all round abouts, etc and all at a cost which will not increase amenity fees by no more than $5.00 a household.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Will need to create new agency and call it "Village Enforcement" and they will need to enforce all of the BNB Operations, golf cart speeders, independently investigate Morse Blvd cart vs car accidents, enforce crosses and other similar things, monitor all round abouts, etc and all at a cost which will not increase amenity fees by no more than $5.00 a household.
Oh Boy. Smh
Old 04-01-2024, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Oh Boy. Smh
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 04-01-2024, 03:27 PM
Sage

There isn't any arbitrary increasing of the amenity fee. The amenity fee changes according to the CPI, as per your deed restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Old 04-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
There isn't any arbitrary increasing of the amenity fee. The amenity fee changes according to the CPI, as per your deed restrictions.
Not if they add more functions that add to expenses
Old 04-01-2024, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The Villages Florida
Youve been on a lot longer than me....you never know whos kidding and who isn't
Old 04-01-2024, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Youve been on a lot longer than me....you never know whos kidding and who isn't
Well, "Sarcasm" -is- my 2nd language, so...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-01-2024, 04:56 PM
Sage

Doubtful. You have some language that supports that assertion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Old 04-01-2024, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,408 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Quote:
Doubtful. You have some language that supports that assertion?
I have this language in my deed restrictions:
4.1(c) Each Owner agrees that as additional facilities are requested by the Owner, and the erection of such additional facilities is agreed to by the Developer, that upon a vote of 1/2 of the Owners approving such additional facilities and commensurate charges therefore, the monthly Contractual Amenities Fee provided for herein shall be increased accordingly. For the purpose of all votes, the Developer shall be entitled to one (1) vote for each Homesite owned by the Developer.
Additional facilities -> additional costs -> increased amenities fee. Of note, the addition of these facilities must be approved by 1/2 of the owners so not exactly arbitrary.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-01-2024, 05:55 PM
Sage

Yes, my deed restrictions say that. It isn't clear to me that a facility is the same as a service since they use the term "erection", such as building something. What is being discussed is a service and not a facility. Regardless, the CDDs cannot arbitrarily increase the amenity fee unless additional facilities are requested by the owners and agreed to by 1/2 the owners. I have lived here for 10 years and have never seen that happen. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I have this language in my deed restrictions:
4.1(c) Each Owner agrees that as additional facilities are requested by the Owner, and the erection of such additional facilities is agreed to by the Developer, that upon a vote of 1/2 of the Owners approving such additional facilities and commensurate charges therefore, the monthly Contractual Amenities Fee provided for herein shall be increased accordingly. For the purpose of all votes, the Developer shall be entitled to one (1) vote for each Homesite owned by the Developer.
Additional facilities -> additional costs -> increased amenities fee. Of note, the addition of these facilities must be approved by 1/2 of the owners so not exactly arbitrary.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, my deed restrictions say that. It isn't clear to me that a facility is the same as a service since they use the term "erection", such as building something. What is being discussed is a service and not a facility. Regardless, the CDDs cannot arbitrarily increase the amenity fee unless additional facilities are requested by the owners and agreed to by 1/2 the owners. I have lived here for 10 years and have never seen that happen. Good luck with that.
This thread and any additional costs have no connection to amenities fees. The numbered CDDs have nothing to do with amenities fees - they don't levy amenities fees, they don't receive amenities fees, and they don't spend amenities fees.

This thread has to do with the possibility of numbered CDDs taking on additional duties.The activities of the numbered CDDs are funded through the annual maintenance fee.

Amenities fees can be increased beyond the CPI adjustment as detailed in the deed restrictions. However, since the topic of this thread has nothing to do with additional amenities, the topic of this thread cannot result in an increase in amenities fees.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-01-2024, 06:21 PM
Sage

I never said the numbered CDDs. I was also responding to the post suggesting that the amenity fee could be increased by $5 for an additional service. It can't. Reread my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
This thread and any additional costs have no connection to amenities fees. The numbered CDDs have nothing to do with amenities fees - they don't levy amenities fees, they don't receive amenities fees, and they don't spend amenities fees.

This thread has to do with the possibility of numbered CDDs taking on additional duties.The activities of the numbered CDDs are funded through the annual maintenance fee.

Amenities fees can be increased beyond the CPI adjustment as detailed in the deed restrictions. However, since the topic of this thread has nothing to do with additional amenities, the topic of this thread cannot result in an increase in amenities fees.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
I never said the numbered CDDs. I was also responding to the post suggesting that the amenity fee could be increased by $5 for an additional service. It can't. Reread my post.
Just trying to tie things together for anyone who has become lost in all the extraneous information.

I read and understood your post. I even agreed with it to a point. What I didn't understand was the post you responded to, it seemed like an April Fool's joke.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Tags
districts, rentals, costs, developer, imagine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.