Do developers listen or care

Old 05-26-2024, 06:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,195 Times in 596 Posts
Default People Pool Shrinking

The amount of people able to relocate or retire in the Villages is shrinking. That’s just how it is.

It could be interest rates effecting a sale from either end
It could be inflation
It could be the rising costs to live in Florida
It could be the shrinking of the middle and upper classes
It could be increased debt servicing
It could be lack of pensions which have been phased out by almost every employer

Whatever it is, the demographic is changing so less are able to live the dream

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-26-2024, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,771 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I sensed from your OP that your real concern was not for the developer, but frustration on your part that despite an increase in inventory and a slowing of the market, you weren't able to dictate YOUR terms for a sale.

They are the Big Dog, and you are not, in this fight. If you really want to be part of TV, you must accept that. The Developer can afford to wait until market forces shift. They've been doing this for decades. They know the game they want to play, and they know they'll eventually sell on their terms. They also understand that once they demonstrate that they'll cave in on terms of sale, that will become the new standard, and everyone will wait for those terms again. They just don't need to do that, and they won't.
Well said.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,771 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
The amount of people able to relocate or retire in the Villages is shrinking. That’s just how it is.

It could be interest rates effecting a sale from either end
It could be inflation
It could be the rising costs to live in Florida
It could be the shrinking of the middle and upper classes
It could be increased debt servicing
It could be lack of pensions which have been phased out by almost every employer

Whatever it is, the demographic is changing so less are able to live the dream
Just how it is? Where is the data that shows that? I would like to have a look. I've been wondering how long TV growth can continue. My estimate based on what I have seen is 20 years.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:54 AM
Platinum member
Default Holistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Just how it is? Where is the data that shows that? I would like to have a look. I've been wondering how long TV growth can continue. My estimate based on what I have seen is 20 years.
Just an overall holistic aggregation of all the field dependent inputs.

Is the market slowing? That’s what most everyone else sees. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-26-2024, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:

Is the market slowing? That’s what most everyone else sees. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.
Is the market shrinking in the bubble?

Or what seems to be a slowing market is due to multiple villages opening at the same time, the most amount of new villages on the market at the same time, since the beginning of the build to the south. We haven’t been here as long as others only close to 17 years.

I applaud the developers to keep workers, instead of cutting their jobs, and slow building, to make inventory on short demand. Developer has that ability, unlike any other community
Old 05-26-2024, 07:34 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,456 Times in 1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
They are prepared for any future slow down in retirees. They are into industrial land big time and now will have rail service into several thousand acres they will be developing and my guess is that they will start new amenity filled family housing village projects similar to the age restricted villages as soon as more retail moves in and 301 has been widened and re-aligned.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:38 AM
Sage

Quote:

I believe that homes in the lower to mid price range have slowed a bit but higher end custom homes and desirable lots when released are sold as soon as released. Two or three weeks ago they advertised the new golf course lots being released for one day and I have not seen an ad or any left for sale on their website since.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,568 Times in 429 Posts

If they listen and care, why did they do away with the annual survey? Btw, how many things that were suggested in the survey came to be? The survey results are available online, but they aren't recent.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,458 Times in 2,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
If they listen and care, why did they do away with the annual survey? Btw, how many things that were suggested in the survey came to be? The survey results are available online, but they aren't recent.
140,000+ people with different ideas on how this place should be run, I would discontinue the survey as well.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,082 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPRICE1234 View Post
It seems that many complain about the developer. Houses are sitting and discounts are not working. Now Moultrie Creek is over priced and starting to sit.

Why are the developers so rigid? I was told they won't help w closing or any points. No haggling of any kind?
They made risk, they made it work, they put bucks up. If didn’t work they would have been out of business decades ago. I guessing every developer’s around are envy and which they had concept at that level.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Surveys give goodie feeling, bottom line they (who every they are) going to what they want anyway. Just makes people filling out surveys feel good.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
They are prepared for any future slow down in retirees. They are into industrial land big time and now will have rail service into several thousand acres they will be developing and my guess is that they will start new amenity filled family housing village projects similar to the age restricted villages as soon as more retail moves in and 301 has been widened and re-aligned.
Still got bottle neck through Summerfield.
Old 05-26-2024, 10:34 AM

I just do not agree that the number of people who want to or are able to come to The Villages is decreasing.

A record number of Americans are turning 65 in 2024. The most in history. Of the entire baby boom generation, this is the highest. 4.1 million Americans turn 65 this year, and every year through 2027, when the annual number will start to decrease.

Put another way, 11,233 people are turning 65 every single day in this country.

Additionally, in the first quarter of 2024, Fidelity had 485,000 401(k) millionaires. This number was up 15% from Q4 2023, and up 43% since Q1 2023.

I don't think the demand will be going down the least bit. There are some places in the country where it's not as fast or easy to sell your home as it was a year ago, largely due to mortgage interest rates. That could be slowing things down a bit.

I believe those homes in Richmond are going to sell in a frenzy as soon as they become available.

It is astonishing to me how much work is being done from horizon to horizon as far as the eye can see as soon as one goes over the Bexley Bridge. The Villages is going to be selling a lot of homes down there in the coming years. I do think the developers listen and I do think they care. I continue to marvel as how well built and maintained The Villages is. There are a myriad of examples of places that the Developer could have cheaped out or cut corners. They continue to preserve open space and maintain stunning beauty all over. The place is pristinely clean and the flowers are still changed out every quarter. Those homes are going to sell, after the pace of sales during the pandemic, it was bound to normalize somewhat. I have no data to back this up, but I also don't think the developer has to spend very much on advertising and marketing. I never see ads for The Villages....this place sells on word-of-mouth and reputation and YouTubers.
Old 05-26-2024, 11:21 AM
Platinum member
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I believe that homes in the lower to mid price range have slowed a bit but higher end custom homes and desirable lots when released are sold as soon as released. Two or three weeks ago they advertised the new golf course lots being released for one day and I have not seen an ad or any left for sale on their website since.
Yes, a sign of a shrinking democratic for sure. Upper and middle class are shrinking.

Old 05-26-2024, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Still got bottle neck through Summerfield.
I was referring to south of 44.

Tags
developers, sit, rigid, told, starting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.