DO I REALLY WANT A VILLA?

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: DO I REALLY WANT A VILLA?

We have a Jasmine and put in a large solar tube above the kitchen sink which also lights up the dining room area. Solar tubes actually put out quite a lot of light. We also put a small one in the guest bath, what a difference. We used The Solar Guys and were very happy with their work.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 AM

We have lived in a Patio Villa for the past seven years,and now I find we are stigmatized and looked down on,Wow live and learn.I didn't realize that The Villages had developed into an elitest society,what a shame.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:54 PM

My wife and I stayed in a Patio Villa last month in our preview visit. Wow, they were really nice. It was two bedrooms, both large. The two baths were really nice. I did not feel that anyone was looking down at me, while staying there, and I had the added stigma of being "JUST A RENTER" so it could have been really bad. You know on the golf course or at the pool no one knows where you live, all they know is you and how nice you can or cannot be.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:22 PM

Bargee-

Who said you were beneath them...????? Bring em to me...!!! I'll take care of um!!!!! :verymad: :verymad:

No matter what we buy...I intend to tell everyone that I live next door to Nancy Lopez!!!!!! They don't have to know how far next door really is. I'll stick my pinkie out and they'll never know the difference!!!!! :

It's just to silly to comment on. Imagine at our ages being judged by our home!!! If your out there and that is your attitude...Shame on you. See if I have a party and invite you!!!!!! > >
Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM

YOU BETTER INVITE ME. I WILL BE ONE OF THOSE POOR VILLA PEOPLE ALSO. TAKE CARE THE KAR GUY
Old 08-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

We are hoping that at our age we can get beyond this trivial stuff of where you live and how much you spent. Life is short and for many of us shorten than we wish. There are so many more important things. I know I have always concerned my self with the person and if I like them, not how much money they have.

Let's all live and enjoy each other's company.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetterlund
We are hoping that at our age we can get beyond this trivial stuff of where you live and how much you spent. Life is short and for many of us shorten than we wish. There are so many more important things. I know I have always concerned my self with the person and if I like them, not how much money they have.

Let's all live and enjoy each other's company.
A big AMEN to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tampa, FL
Old 08-20-2007, 11:23 PM

Hey Kar Guy and all others......Tomorrow is the appraisal....Remember, this could be sticky :dontknow:

He will be here 9:00 mdt so if you hear a loud ROAR coming from the Rocky Mt's, get the bubbly out!!!

PARTY.....PARTY....PARTY (It's 5:00 somewhere...) and hey Bama... it would be great living in Duval with you!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:09 PM

Hey Darby D. Good Luck on the appraisal. I'm sure it will be just right. By the way can I come to the party?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Ok Kar Guy, Bama, Karen, Donna, Nancy, and all others...

When the Appraiser left I asked him how things went and he either gave me the :bigthumbsup:, or he was picking his noise!!!!!!! The buyer was with me when he said that there were no problems so I'm taking that to the bank. I really hope I'm not disappointed because I packed over 20 boxes today just on this :bigthumbsup:!!!

We will know for sure by Thursday but I'm still saying my Novenas!!!!

Bama------ You are the party!!!!! Can't have one without you!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:51 PM

Good Luck to you Darby...no matter what you decide on when you arrive here all that matters is that you will be living in The Villages. You have arrived in heaven!!
When you drive by Amelia on Odell Circle, just give a wave.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Sage

Fabulous news Darby .. I know how badly you want this. You will have so much fun picking out your new home in TV. We'll be arriving in late October, perhaps we can go to the dog run at the same time. Looking forward to seeing you then.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:23 PM

You know what guys.... I have met just the best people anywhere..... you guys. I don't want to leave anyone out on my "I love all of you" tour, but barefoot and noleguy.....Your on the top of my list of people to invite when we party.

Of course I'm taking a big chance if I invite all of you to my party...You could all be green little toads who have nothing better to do than to either land in cement or come up in the am in Jan's toilet......Oh heck....I think I'll take my chances :joke: :joke: :joke:
Old 08-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Eternal Member

I have a Courtyard Villa and I love it - complete privacy and a large high walled-in backyard. I only close my shades on the one window that faces the street.
I don't think I would like to be looking into other houses on all sides. However, there are some downsides. You never know what is going on on the street side so it is not as easy to meet your neighbors as in other areas. The privacy for me is worth it.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:35 PM

Thanks for your stories!!! They really help. Only thing to do now is get down there and visit the Villas. We did go into one the first time we were there. An older courtyard one by Spanish Springs that we were not impressed with! This maybe very different...We'll see...Thank you all!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.