Do many people really relocate inside The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2023, 04:27 AM

Been here 6 years and on my 3rd house which is a courtyard villa with no grass. Love the location in Tall trees. Walk to Walgreens and Bob Evans.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

I love my house, neighbors, location. What I don't love is the oak tree standing on my property that causes all sorts of cleanup about 5-6 months of the year. Acorns, leaves are a constant, and if you want to keep your landscape looking nice, you must be out there almost everyday raking. It's much worse the further north you go, there are many, many more oak trees there. It seems the further south you go, the less there are, especially south of 44. I guess big brother realized the oak tree is more a problem than a pleasure.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Just wondering: Considering the idea that people who can afford to move several times are likely to be good with money management- how can it be wise to give away a large amount of money 2.5 times to realtors in the form of commissions?
Maybe the value of the home has appreciated enough to pocket some cash *and* pay commissions?
Old 06-12-2023, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooColdinIdaho View Post
I read a post here saying that the average person moves to a different house three times after buying in The Villages.
I'm sure that number is a bit exaggerated, but I’m also sure some people do move after realizing the house/location/something else didn’t work for them.

Did you move after buying, and if so, why?

What would be your suggestions on things to consider for making it a “One-and-Done” buy?
We moved in Citrus Grove in 2021 and had an interior lot. Built similar floor plan in Newell and moved in a few weeks ago. We have a large pond and preserve behind us. Many on my block are relocated. One person is on number 6.

By the way, I think the statistic is often stated wrong. I think most people live in three houses (which means they move twice).

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 05:32 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,797 Times in 3,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskaggs View Post
Maybe the value of the home has appreciated enough to pocket some cash *and* pay commissions?
The point is, But you are still out the commissions paid.

Old 06-12-2023, 05:40 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default House

Bought a great house 12 years ago in a great neighborhood. Got lucky 2 years and bought a house on the golf course with a pond in back and a pool. And we were able to stay in the same neighborhood.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:41 AM

I know people that have moved 6 or more times within the villages, it’s not overstated. Also, I would list my house without a realtor in a heartbeat. I sold my last 2 houses without a realtor and was very simple to do. The buyer did not use a realtor either, the buyer got the contract papers and house disclosure papers from their closing attorneys, we got together and filled out everything, they gave me money for the down payment, and we closed a few weeks later. How much simpler can it get?
Old 06-12-2023, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,780 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge-pigeons View Post
I know people that have moved 6 or more times within the villages, it’s not overstated. Also, I would list my house without a realtor in a heartbeat. I sold my last 2 houses without a realtor and was very simple to do. The buyer did not use a realtor either, the buyer got the contract papers and house disclosure papers from their closing attorneys, we got together and filled out everything, they gave me money for the down payment, and we closed a few weeks later. How much simpler can it get?
Yes, the paperwork is simple. But, I don't hire a real estate agent to do the paperwork. I hire them to advertise, market, and sell the house. If you hire a good salesperson, they should be able to sell the house quicker and for more money than selling it yourself. The only time I would forgo the agent is in a very hot seller's market.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:03 AM
Default No

Maybe as it built out before I heard they made money. But if you want to drive your cart to MANY golf, store & restaurant options you will not go below hwy 44 - so I'm guessing that will slow down.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:06 AM

Most of people I know who moved more than once were before exploding prices and interest rates. Also, when you could make 100k off selling house. Now, probably not as likely.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:17 AM

Really think about what you would like in a house/site even future desires. If you want a pool get a lot big enough to accommodate even if it is 5 years before you put it in. If you are going to have more than 1car/motorcycle you will need a 3 or 2+golf cart garage. If you will be having guest consider 3 bathrooms.

Think about what you want over the next 15 years not just now.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:20 AM

Same for us
Old 06-12-2023, 06:24 AM

Stat is Propaganda by real estate people to entice people to move so they can make money.
Almost everyone i talk to is in original home
Old 06-12-2023, 06:26 AM
Sage

You heard correctly....we've been here 14 yrs in our 1st house. We moved many times before retirement (varying reasons) and were sick of it. Said once here, once and done!! We are satisfied with our choice. I've wondered the reasoning so many make several changes. Is it disatisfaction?? People's circumstances change over time and it can happen quickly as we age. We "might" have considered making a change a handful of years ago "IF" the move would have been a lateral one. Meaning not taking on more expense. We have a modest 3 bed. ranch and love our area. We'd have gone to a smaller place with NO outside maintenance. BUT we'd done some improvements on this house and didn't want to lose that and replacement wouldn't have worked as well, so we stayed. NOW 14 yrs later both of us have health issues to consider---maybe we should have moved before the prices spiked as they did. I see you, the OP, are making your first post so wondering why this particular question for your 1st time??!!!
Old 06-12-2023, 06:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,351 Posts

1st home was a small designer home where I would bring Mom and Dad. Great area in Winifred. After Mom passed making plans for my future I bought a larger home/garage on a golf course between Sumter Landing and Brownwood. Perfect for me. Done!
Closed Thread

Tags
people, villages, move, buying, house/location/something

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.