Do not read if ......

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Default Do not read if ......

Do not read if you already have read enough news from Montana ...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...3771174.column
Old 11-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It really doesn't sound much like a news article, more like a smear campaign by someone extremely jealous of the Morses (and do remember I'm not really all that impressed with the Morses to begin with [the Villages, yes; the developer, no]). There's a lot of he said, opinions and not much in the way of facts and some of the facts are inaccurate if previous reports are true. Personally, I'd much rather read articles from Montana papers. I think they'd be less likely to be smearing the Morses.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-14-2010, 07:41 AM

Where I come from, this would be called a political hack job. Where in the newspaper was this found? In the opinion page? Editorial? Entertainment page? I would not call this real news reporting, by any stretch.

Last edited by Ajack; 11-14-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Default Thanks Midge 538

Thanks Midge538 for posting. Interesting read. Sounds like a very thorough investigation.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

It is from the Orlando Slantinel. Need I say more.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
It is from the Orlando Slantinel. Need I say more.
Good one. I had to read it twice before I got it.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
It really doesn't sound much like a news article, more like a smear campaign by someone extremely jealous of the Morses (and do remember I'm not really all that impressed with the Morses to begin with [the Villages, yes; the developer, no]). There's a lot of he said, opinions and not much in the way of facts and some of the facts are inaccurate if previous reports are true. Personally, I'd much rather read articles from Montana papers. I think they'd be less likely to be smearing the Morses.
I agree. She puts in a lot of irrelevant crap. MT papers and TV stations have more interesting stuff.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajack View Post
Where I come from, this would be called a political hack job. Where in the newspaper was this found? In the opinion page? Editorial? Entertainment page? I would not call this real news reporting, by any stretch.
Lauren Ritchie is an opinion columnist. Her "beef" against the Morses is longstanding and unequivocal. She would probably cut off their legs with a chainsaw if she could, but she has to settle for an exacto knife. News reporting, it is not.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Veteran member

Don't want to make this "political" because I don't do "political" but what in the world do their political affiliations or contributions have to do with the charges of "hunting violations?" I shouldn't have read the column because I think I have had "enough" but my curiosity got the best of me!!!!! There has to be something going on in Orlando that she can write about!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post
Don't want to make this "political" because I don't do "political" but what in the world do their political affiliations or contributions have to do with the charges of "hunting violations?" I shouldn't have read the column because I think I have had "enough" but my curiosity got the best of me!!!!! There has to be something going on in Orlando that she can write about!
As Pturner so aptly stated, "Her "beef" against the Morses is longstanding and unequivocal". The Montana incident just opened the door for her to rehash all of past remarks demonizing the Morse family. I guess she thinks wealthy people shouldn't make contributions to political parties, own yachts, own airplanes, etc.

I suspect the Orlando Sentinel is struggling and think this kind editorializing will increase circulation.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

They say the "Morse Family" but it's the kids and grandkids. You are not your kids or your grandkids. In the end, each of us stands on our own. Who is to say, if we had the money, we too would not buy a big yacht and planes. That is not the issue. The rules, set up to protect animals, were clearly broken. I'm hoping the parents and grandparents are just as upset as the rest of us that rules did not get followed. That though their pain, they can truly say, "we didn't raise you this way". That is my hope.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 AM

Old 11-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsl1998 View Post
They say the "Morse Family" but it's the kids and grandkids. You are not your kids or your grandkids. In the end, each of us stands on our own. Who is to say, if we had the money, we too would not buy a big yacht and planes. That is not the issue. The rules, set up to protect animals, were clearly broken. I'm hoping the parents and grandparents are just as upset as the rest of us that rules did not get followed. That though their pain, they can truly say, "we didn't raise you this way". That is my hope.
I've thought about this too. How would you like to have heard the conversation between dad and son?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Gold member

On Nov 28th at 9PM National Geographic channel will begin its series called “Wild Justice” which will follow the lives of California’s Game Wardens in pursuit of poachers and polluters, and the hunters and anglers that don’t follow the rules.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Default Learn more about poaching

Thanks EdVinMass. I will watch this for sure. Wish more people would learn about this crime.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.