Do not want to read anything from Guests

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2017, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
How do I just open up TOTV and not see political posts or happy birthdays. I love politics, birthdays and such, but for me, I want to just read about what Talk Of The Villages has to say about The Villages.

Thank you, please help me.
Or you could Start at the home page and click on Villages General Discussion.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I think that the Political Forum is toxic. I attribute that to the fact that TOTV names aren't used.
However, I find reading threads on the rest of TOTV is quite enjoyable.
They give me a way to stay in touch with Villages happenings when I'm up north.
Bare, So agree with you. I read TOTV to get news about The Villages. I have ventured on to the Political Forum a few times just to read the posts...wow is all I can say. Shocked that some people have such hatred. Glad my parents raised me better than that. Way too depressing for me to continue reading the Political Forum, so I don't.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
2BNTV, Your point is well taken. Perhaps Bowie said it best when he said, "As you get older, the questions come down to about two. How long? And what do I do with the time I have left?"

As you mention, with so much hate rhetoric who wants to spend time on or add to such political rhetoric. Fore!
Amen! I have two friends whose husbands both have had serious medical diagnoses in the past 2 weeks. One has a brain tumor; one has colon cancer.

As Cat Stevens said in the song, O Very Young, "You're only dancing on this earth for a short while."
Old 10-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Barefoot: You can ALWAYS see the TOTV names. Hit REPLY to an post--you don't have to type anything. Then scroll down. Keep going. Lo and behold, there are the "names."
But you can't always get the names because the technique you explain often retains the same 8-9 post never advances or goes back.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 10-21-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
But you can't always get the names because the technique you explain often retains the same 8-9 post never advances or goes back.

Personal Best Regards:
That is totally incorrect.

Hitting the 'Quote Post' button on ANY post in the thread and then scrolling down...will show the last 10 posters names.

ONLY the last 10, but it will continually update as more posts are made, so earlier posters names are lost...if they're not in the last 10.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I do post on Political Talk because I enjoy discussing politics over other forums presented on TOTV. I am one who never resorts to expletives and I maintain civility.

I agree if you are easily offended then Political Talk is something you should avoid.

There are threads on Political Talk and posters whom I simply ignore

I remain on Political Talk because I am one that pressed to have it returned as a forum.

In that I have and want a voice .

I do not care if it is moderated as I am a big boy and can take care of myself.

I will admit I am disturbed by the number of unsavory characters Political Talk has drawn. Its kind of scary to think that these same people could be your neighbors .

My prediction is that unless posters begin to act in a responsible and rational manner Political Talk will implode. And frankly I believe that is what TOTV Management is hoping for.

I opine others can decide.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 10-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

So many wonderful people, movie information and birthday wishes on the political forum, priceless.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
I do post on Political Talk because I enjoy discussing politics over other forums presented on TOTV. I am one who never resorts to expletives and I maintain civility.

I agree if you are easily offended then Political Talk is something you should avoid.

There are threads on Political Talk and posters whom I simply ignore

I remain on Political Talk because I am one that pressed to have it returned as a forum.

In that I have and want a voice .

I do not care if it is moderated as I am a big boy and can take care of myself.

I will admit I am disturbed by the number of unsavory characters Political Talk has drawn. Its kind of scary to think that these same people could be your neighbors .

My prediction is that unless posters begin to act in a responsible and rational manner Political Talk will implode. And frankly I believe that is what TOTV Management is hoping for.

I opine others can decide.

Personal Best Regards:
Your input on the Political Forum is appreciated greatly by many of those on there as was that of Carl from Tampa.

Moderating the Political Forum would take way too much time and effort. And it is way to ugly to just move the whole thing into the Regular Board where it could be moderated as a Regular Forum with all the rules these have.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

I do post a lot of birthday wishes to politicians, celebrities, scholars, movie stars and the like on the Political Forum as politics impacts every aspect of our lives and involves people in every walk of life.

And many movies have political implications or involve political stories or have stars who are interested in politics.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
...I do not care if it is moderated as I am a big boy and can take care of myself...
I agree with some of your post, but definitely not this portion.

The folks who avoid the political forum are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. Imho, they avoid it because they don’t want to waste their time on such inane blather.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:19 PM
TOTV Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
How do I just open up TOTV and not see political posts or happy birthdays. I love politics, birthdays and such, but for me, I want to just read about what Talk Of The Villages has to say about The Villages.

Thank you, please help me.

Missy.... it looks like you are subscribed to the political forum. You will need to go into your user profile and unsubscribe to this group.

Members who do not subscribe to the political group should not see any political posts or threads as they navigate through the 'regular', moderated forum.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Barefoot: You can ALWAYS see the TOTV names. Hit REPLY to an post--you don't have to type anything. Then scroll down. Keep going. Lo and behold, there are the "names."
Oh my gosh, you are right. Thanks Henry.
I see every name on the thread, not just 10 or 20 or 30. Perhaps because I've never scrolled down before.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:59 PM
Veteran member

I DON't Post there. I just read it every now & then.......

Tags
villages, birthdays, read, talk, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.