Assisted Living

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Default Assisted Living

Does anyone have any information about Assisted Living in The Villages? Also, is there a "re-hab" center for people to go to to convelese after surgery?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Assisted Living

There's undoubtedly more, but the following come to mind immediately:

Village of Homewood. A small assisted living facility across the street from The Villages Regional Hospital. I believe it's operated by Brookdale Senior Living, who are also soon to break ground on the multi-story Freedom Pointe facility next door.

Lady Lake Specialty Care is a nursing-rehab facility. On the south side of Griffin Avenue, across from the Village of Silver Lake ("pre-historic" section of TV) and just east of the North Lake Presbyterian Church. My sister-in-law spent six weeks here following her stroke a number of years ago; she and my brother swear by it.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Veteran member

Several fair quality places are mentioned in the above posting. I caution you to be aware that Freedom Pointe owners got away with something when they bought the land from the developer. They managed to obtain amenities that Village residents currently have for their residents even though they are NOT Village residents.

I understand that you have to pay over $100k just to get a place and then there is a monthly fee of about $3k per person.

I am looking forward to finding a slab of ice in the Behring sea on which I can perch until I croak!!!!! LOL !!!! :dontknow:
Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Veteran member

This is a great (if unpleasant) question. Where do Villagers who can no longer take care of their homes or themselves go? There seems to be a huge gap in the availability of assisted living facilities compared to what the demand is or will become.

What do most folks do? What are your plans when this occurs to you - besides the "slab if ice" thing?
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 11-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Sage

Slab of ice with a slow Morphine drip seems about right.

Seriously though -This is a free market economy and you can bet that many many more CCRC's will be developed in and around TV. There is simply too much money to pass on. The opportunity is there and someone will pounce sooner or later. We will have over 100,000 55 and older citizens at build out. My way of thinking is that when we need it, it will be there. If not, then there are hundreds of other CCRC's thoughout the country although it would be nice to be near home in TV.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:54 PM

if freedom point follows thru with all that they plan it may well be a reasonable buy for a continuing care facility
and it has the perk of being within the village compound.
many assisted living facilities have the buy in requirement and 3 k a month for good assisted living is about the norm. it's what i paid the year i needed it after my stroke some ten years ago. and we didn't have an indoor pool as freedom point plans.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:32 AM
Veteran member

This is the information I received from TV receptionist:

The Village of Homewood - 750-3800
The Springs of Lady Lake - 259-0011
Summerfield - 307-0222
Bridgewater - 383-0051
Freedom Pointe (ground breaking before the end of the year; occupancy by end of 2008) 430-0859 or 1-866-511-5577

With the exception of Freedom Pointe, most having waiting lists, although I haven't determined how long. I requested mailed information from each one, except The Springs of Lady Lake, which did not answer their phone (or I had the wrong number) in the middle of the day.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.