Does this any of this make sense

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2017, 07:26 PM
Gold member
Default Does this any of this make sense

Last year a good deal of time, effort and money was spent to remove and replace all the grass between El Camino and the multi use path from the El Santiago gate to Brookdale Place at Freedom Pointe. Today I noticed that all of that grass has been removed. Can we assume this will be done over again just at he beginning of watering restrictions. Makes no sense to me, neither does the 10% surcharge being tacked on to our water bills because we will be using less water during the restriction period.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:45 PM

I noticed this as well. I think I read new grass or sod doesn't come under the same rules during the phase II or III water restrictions, so they should be able to water it in. I agree, now is not the right time to do it. My take on the 10% hike in rates is to cover the lower water usage so the water companies don't lose money. Even though they say it's a tactic to promote less water usage, I see as a way to keep their profits in line.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Gold member

I worked for a water department. If billings go down, rates go up. So in the first case, you're being screwed, while in the second case your're being screwed more.

For the record, I never saw rates go down.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Sage

No, "Does this any of this make sense" does not make sense.

Sorry. Lame...I know.
Closed Thread

Tags
sense, grass, water, watering, restrictions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.