Does anyone "play" Nintendo's Nintendo's Wii Fit

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Gold member
Default Does anyone "play" Nintendo's Nintendo's Wii Fit

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis which speeded up my retirement. When I was diagnosed my neurologist recommended using
Nintendo's Wii Fit to help work on my somewhat compromised sense of balance and for general wellness.

I bought one for up north and when we became snowbirds another for The Villages. I generally used it daily for almost 2 years. I worked on the yoga, strength and balance "games". By "games" I mean work made palitable. I then got tired and frustated with it.

I began walking arounmd the neighorhood (when I could). After another year or so I just began using Wii Fit again for the days when I can't walk.
The Nintendo's Wii Fit disc comes with bowling and tennis games which I do not use( I'm not really into video games).

My question remains--"Does anyone "play "Nintendo's Wii Fit" remains.
It may be for games for fun or as I do for health. If you need a means for moderate indoor exercise-- this may be for you. And yes I did notice a diffrence in my balance and endurance.

PS The game and balance board aren't cheap but worth it even without the non-health-related games.
PS" Ya sometimes get their wacky tunes stuck in your head
Old 07-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Platinum member

I think there are a couple of groups that meet to enjoy the Wii. You might check the recreational news that comes in the Daily Sun or pick one up at any rec center.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

we have wii fit and its base use is for our granddaughter to use for improvement in balance in her point ballet...i use it to improve my yoga poses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.