Does anyone rent rooms for tv visit

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rji4072 View Post
I have basically the same requiest, I Would like to visit and check out tv for 3 or 4 weeks in march or april, don't need a house, just a room and bath..I too am a 68 year old single male, non smoker, love to dance and could teach any of 12 couples dances, straight, reliable, could have a background check, just want to look at houses during the day and attend dance events most nights. thanks, roy
Roy, you would fit right into my schedule, but I'm a little leery of a strange gentleman in my house. I actually did what some have suggested, back in 08 when I was house hunting, I stayed at the Waterfront hotel for 4 days and it was a wonderful experience. I think you may be able to get a discount because you are looking for a home. Speak to you sales person about that. if you don't have a sales person, I can help you with that also. Please keep us posted and welcome to TV, we can go dancing together, LOL.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

I rented a house for a week once. The owner "allowed" because the house had no renters that month (November). And yes, it was pro-rated.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Homes are frequently rented by the week in off season.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:06 AM

Go to The Villages 4 Rent, Rentals in The Villages. You can find weekly rentals of homes in the Villages April - Dec that would be cheaper than a hotel for a week. Some come with golf carts, some do not but cart rentals are pretty reasonable during that period. Search under golf cart rental and you'll find recommendations and warnings about the different suppliers. To get the resident guest pass is usually another $50 because that is the cost to the owner to provide the pass for 1 week or 1 year. You'll have to make your own bed and not make a mess or forfeit the security deposit but they are available in any location you like.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:10 AM

I'm not sure if the post above will get the link blocked but just search on Rentals in the Villages and you'll find several sites that have the same type info, one even run by the Villages.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Sage

I have found weekly rentals pretty easy to come by -- I rented for one week in July last year (Chatham) and one week in October last year (Sabal Chase). Both homes were beautiful and came with gas golf carts. Weekly rental rates for both homes was cheaper than staying in a hotel for 7 days, and of course the houses came with fully stocked kitchens, so eating a couple of meals in the homes was easy. I haven't signed the lease yet, but it looks like I will be renting in Mira Mesa for 8 days in June. It seems like many landlords are more flexible in the "off" season in TV just to get their homes rented. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 02-04-2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Default Weekly rentals

I know someone who is here currently renting by month. They will be leaving for a bit and wish to return. Unable to find ANYTHING to rent upon their return. Where do you find a site to rent by the week? Thank you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.