Dog owners need to wise up

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Default Dog owners need to wise up

Again we are starting the summer season, and I am glad I do not own a gun, bucause I get very frustrated at dog owners. In the HEAT of the day, there you are with your dog. Insteaad of taking them immediately to a grassy area to "do their thing" and save the walk for late eveing or early morning..there you are. ARE YOU NUTS or are you CRUEL? Dogs' pads on their feet can suffer third degree burns on the heat of the blacktops and pavement here.
The next time you are NOT SURE if you should walk your dog or not, take YOUR shoes and socks off and walk out on it with him. If it is too hot for you, guess what, "EINSTEIN?" It is way too hot for the dog. Save the walk for another cooler part of the day. We are starting to mention this when we see people doing this. It is actually CRUELTY TO ANIMALS.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455
Default pet owners

might I jump up on the soap box beside you please? PEOPLE please remember as well, your pets are wearing fur coats, when you go to town and take your beloved pets with you even for a quick trip, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PETS IN THE CAR WITH THE WINDOWS ROLLED UP, even cracked a bit the temp reach an enoumous high heat for them and they are wearing fur coats...bet you would not put on a fur coat and go sit in your own hot car with the windows cracked...try it some time and see what these poor pets go thru just in 5 minutes in a car, and without water too...bet you ca't take the heat!!
be responsible owners leave your pets at home if you are leaving your vehicle without the air running..
ok stepping off my soapbox now...
Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Taltarzac
Default Good post golfering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferling View Post
Again we are starting the summer season, and I am glad I do not own a gun, bucause I get very frustrated at dog owners. In the HEAT of the day, there you are with your dog. Insteaad of taking them immediately to a grassy area to "do their thing" and save the walk for late eveing or early morning..there you are. ARE YOU NUTS or are you CRUEL? Dogs' pads on their feet can suffer third degree burns on the heat of the blacktops and pavement here.
The next time you are NOT SURE if you should walk your dog or not, take YOUR shoes and socks off and walk out on it with him. If it is too hot for you, guess what, "EINSTEIN?" It is way too hot for the dog. Save the walk for another cooler part of the day. We are starting to mention this when we see people doing this. It is actually CRUELTY TO ANIMALS.
Here's a link about what to do if your dog's pads do get burned and how to prevent this problem. I have a little dog so I just pick him up near the asphalt. http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/dise...qt/hotfeet.htm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.