Dog poop

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
I don't think the OP was complaining about dogs, but rather about the dog owners who are falling down on the job!
Surely most dog owners would not enjoy living where dog poop was everywhere, and/or growling unleashed dogs were approaching walkers out and about.

Or would they?
I don't think Patty55 was talking about the OP, necessarily.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
I don't think the OP was complaining about dogs, but rather about the dog owners who are falling down on the job!
Surely most dog owners would not enjoy living where dog poop was everywhere, and/or growling unleashed dogs were approaching walkers out and about.

Or would they?
Exactly!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Sage

Starting to get ugly in here. Although rather entertaining. Popcorn anybody?
Old 04-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I have absolutely NEVER seen a dog roaming around free anyplace I've gone in TV. Please post the instances you have seen, how many, and where.

I have, however, heard lots of coyotes out on our walks. Maybe you are mistaking one for the other.

TV must have the most coddled dogs in the US. People spend $$$$$ on their care. Nobody is going to let a dog out to roam.
This is the third time writing this post. I hit the space bar and half of what I keyboard disappears. Yea maybe its a lie.

I found poop on Becall, Belmont and Truman (stepped in it on Becall). I play early tee times and have seen owners let their dogs out on Belmont Truman, one championship course.

There is a difference between it doesn't happen to I never seen it. I mean I never seen a falling star.

This subject hits a nerve with many folks as evidenced by the fact that it keeps coming up and when it does it receives a lot of attention from those posting and those onlyreviewing the thread.And you are never going to be able to reason with animal lovers who feel very deeply about their pets placing them in the same category as human beings. To many of them there is no difference
Old 04-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It hits a nerve because people love their dogs and cats. People also love their kids. I love my kids but I knew danged well that other people were NOT programmed to love them so I did my very best to teach them to act in a way that was conducive to have people who were not their parents tolerate them and in some cases like them.

That included a lot of repeating, threats, bribes, corporal punishment and anything that would work...as my goal was to launch them into a world that would be a place that they would get along with others.

If everyone remembered that no one else is drawn toward their children or bonded to their animals and bent over backwards to see that their offspring and livestock didn't bother others....then we wouldn't have these threads.

To those who already do a good job, you know who you are and for those who don't, I already know you don't give a damn.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Sage

Not only do they not give a damn - they are probably not reading this!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Platinum member

I think this topic keeps coming up because people need something to complain about. Hellooo, you are in a dog friendly community, get over it.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I think this topic keeps coming up because people need something to complain about. Hellooo, you are in a dog friendly community, get over it.
We are in a people friendly community, and some of the people have dogs, but I don't want to find either of their poop out on the sidewalks.
This is not a complaint--just my expectation!!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

Amen!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:26 PM

I have been picking up after my dog for almost 13 years and hope to be doing so for years to come (yes, he is family). It irritates me that there are those who don't. We all chose to live in a pet friendly community and people will always walk their dogs. As previously said pet owners love their dogs and for anyone to think that we are going to quit walking our pets in public areas...well, it will never happen.
But as with every other rule...there are those who will always feel that rules don't apply to them. There will always be litter, cigarette butts, chair savers, speeders and as long as there are dogs...there will be poop. Although we may sometimes feel we live in paradise...it's not a perfect world.
Personally I can think of a lot of worse things in life than a little poop on my shoe. I am sure you can pick up a lot more germs walking down most city streets.
I read a quote that said we can't find true happiness in life, until we stop complaining about all the things wrong in our lives and start praising God for all the things that aren't.
Be Happy!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj1213 View Post
I have been picking up after my dog for almost 13 years and hope to be doing so for years to come (yes, he is family). It irritates me that there are those who don't. We all chose to live in a pet friendly community and people will always walk their dogs. As previously said pet owners love their dogs and for anyone to think that we are going to quit walking our pets in public areas...well, it will never happen.
But as with every other rule...there are those who will always feel that rules don't apply to them. There will always be litter, cigarette butts, chair savers, speeders and as long as there are dogs...there will be poop. Although we may sometimes feel we live in paradise...it's not a perfect world.
Personally I can think of a lot of worse things in life than a little poop on my shoe. I am sure you can pick up a lot more germs walking down most city streets.
I read a quote that said we can't find true happiness in life, until we stop complaining about all the things wrong in our lives and start praising God for all the things that aren't.
Be Happy!
Well said! I am happy and I hope everyone else is too!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Sage

I am tired of picking up after my dog. And having him constrained to a leash. I think I'll just let all of him hang out from here on. Oh yeah, and have the vet's emergency number on speed dial. Who really thinks we let our dogs wander around unattended? Someone with a death wish for the dog?

Those who constantly see dogs running free and poop everywhere... maybe you should move to Tamarind Grove, because I haven't seen that but one time after we first moved in over a year ago. One load of poop at the mailbox park.

Funny that I've never seen these roaming dogs anywhere I've driven around TV either. Although I've never been on a golf course.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Sage

The competing retirement communities in the area and FL have to be lovin' this constant b****ing about dog poop, roundabouts and bad drivers. It's good for their home sales, for sure.

We who live here know this is a skewed conversation, when 30-40 people complain, leaving 89,960 who are not bothered by the problem cited.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
The competing retirement communities in the area and FL have to be lovin' this constant b****ing about dog poop, roundabouts and bad drivers. It's good for their home sales, for sure.

We who live here know this is a skewed conversation, when 30-40 people complain, leaving 89,960 who are not bothered by the problem cited.
Well, if they're put off, maybe it's a good thing. If they don't like dogs, roundabouts and bad drivers, perhaps they would be happier elsewhere!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

Those who constantly see dogs running free and poop everywhere... maybe you should move to Tamarind Grove, because I haven't seen that but one time after we first moved in over a year ago. Funny that I've never seen these roaming dogs anywhere I've driven around TV either.
This is my 6th winter in TV and I haven't personally observed any dogs running free or pooping indiscriminately. We back on a golf course, and I've yet to see a dog on the course. However based on other strange behavior I've seen, I've no doubt that it occasionally happens.

Each year we leave TV and go back into the "real world" for six months. It makes me realize how wonderful The Villages is, and what a protected bubble we have here. In the fall when we return to TV, it's like getting into a warm bath, surrounded by beauty and serenity.

We are blessed to be part of this wonderful community.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.