Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2024, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,679 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
S*it happens!
Your close....116 and counting.
Yes. But it should never happen on a neighbors yard.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:26 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,761 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The problem starts when they allow their dog on another person’s property for any reason. Some people are intimidated by dogs that the owner does not seem to have under control. That is even before the dog poops on the lawn. I just don’t understand why people want to make their neighbors upset. There is no way I see a positive outcome.

Sometimes visitors aren’t told the rules and expectations, and sometimes quite innocently, they wonder why they are being shunned.There is a new neighbor in our neck of the woods. Lets dogs out indiscriminately. I think they were run out of the area they lived previously in TV and they’re not off to a good start so far.
It's just another of many many "tone deaf" issues people face in every neighborhood in every state. There's really no legal/law solution, it 's INSIDE PEOPLE. What comes into the mind of a pet owner, who exits their home with their pet, and does not walk it around their own property/yard, can't really be understood. This far from all pet owners, there is this certain thought process some call "elite", I call "tone deaf", others may just call it self focused. But if you are the type of person who will walk several blocks from your home yard, stand in the street, a either let a LONG leash out and urge your pet into the lawn of another, there really is nothing that is going to have you realize how wrong that actually is. There are people who will walk past homes in the wee hours and PICK UP someone else's newspaper and just keep walking ! It's a "mind set" and nothing on here, or anywhere, is going to make such people realize just how rude and insensitive such things are... same thing with people who will BOLDLY just set right in front of people in line, and refuse to leave when others protest !
Old 04-18-2024, 03:34 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
It is sad that you even had to to do that. I'm sure you didn't enjoy it. And I'm sure your neighbor didn't enjoy receiving it. Puts strain on a relationship.
I have not taken pictures of the individual and her dogs who make our block their twice a day "deposit" ground, but I know of two neighbors who have. Maybe I'll join them, thinking about it, but like you commented, WHY to you have to explain to mature adults that it's just not what is done in a "civil" (?) society ? One neighbor put a TINY, actually cute, ceramic sign she bought at a craft fair in Mt. Dora. She put it near their front hedge, little heart, just said, PLEASE no pets. The villages security guy got it in less than a week of course.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes, I agree. It is not worth having a relationship with selfish, narcissistic individuals. They operate in one mode only: Me!
Apparently you’re in the wrong place (ToTV)!

As a lifelong dog owner, i’ll never understand where in someone’s psyching...that they allow their pet to launch a Cleveland Steamer on someone else’s property. Particularly a well maintained, manicured one. I like an earlier poster have always had a designated area on MY OWN property. Most that argue, at least subconsciously, that ‘your lawn is my lawn’ deserve the blowback you get on threads like this. One of my favorite scenes in the movie ‘Me, Myself and Irene’ is when Jim Carrey’ character, a RI State Trooper fed up with his neighbor (comedian Steve Sweeney’ character) dog sh*tting on his lawn and not picking it up......goes over to his house, drops his uniform pants a launches a ‘soft serve with walnuts’ on his property.
Moral of the story, those days are coming!
Old 04-18-2024, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
What exactly don’t you see? The dog pooping on someone’s lawn or the owner getting upset about it at the exact time you ride by?
Or, even for those who do pick it up but certainly do not want to take it back to their house, just ride by a mail station/pool this summer, you don't need to be close to catch the aroma ! You know, those waste reciprocals at the postal stations where the villages (I assume ?) posts very readable signs saying "NO FECES". Said it previously, those are just folks you can't change, it's something deep inside the thinking.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Picking up after your dog is NOT the issue. It is allowing the dog to use our lawn as a toilet. Sure, my neighbors pick up after their dog, but they don't/can't pick up urine. Those who say urine does not ruin grass are liars. My lawn is one of the greenest lawns in the neighborhood, except one BIG yellow spot that every dog stops and urinates next to my driveway. Neighbors have gotten the message that I don't want dog poop on my lawn, so they think I can't see them on the short strip of property next to the driveway. Normally, a dog urine does not yellow the grass, but when dog after dog uses the same spot over and over again, the urine kills the grass.
I mow my own lawn. I know there are some that don't pick up after their pet and some that can't see to get all of the poop up when they attempt to pick up after their animal. I get it, but I also don't appreciate stepping on the leftover and tracking it into the house. It is NOT unreasonable to have pride in one's property and it is not unreasonable for someone to respect other folk's property. I have owned and trained many dogs and I have never, ever allowed one to defecate on someone else's property. A dog can be taught very easily to go in one area. Some folks (many folks) should not own pets if they are not willing to learn how to care for them properly. Makes one wonder how they ever managed to raise their children if they cannot control their pets.
Rant? Yes, because some folks are too stupid to understand and/or respect other folks property. And keep your animals out of shopping carts. They do not belong there. Leave them at home. Surely, you can live a few minutes or an hour away from your pets.
You don't like my rant? I don't give a "poop." ...
It's a GREAT RANT because it actually is the most logical on here, It is NOT that people don't pick up the feces, it's HOW it enters their head to use someone else's LAWN when we all know they have their own, even in in a small villa, nearly all have some small area. We made the decision not to replace the dog we had when we moved here. She was 12, and lived here for two more years. When I first realized that there were so many people here to can not be separated from their dog for even grocery shopping, or a lunch out, it was something we'd never experienced. Neither of us had ever taken any of our dogs grocery shopping ! We were always tempted to take them when we went to the outdoor walk-up location of the Dairy Queen on a summer night, but our vet said NO WAY do dogs need, or should have, frozen custard... LOL...! It's puzzling people can be that insecure. I have a relative retired in another state who claims she HAS to take her dog everywhere, and I mean everywhere. She claims "he" won't even allow her to take a quick run to the hardware store or gas station without him ????? We know she does not have dementia, but "something" is surely not right I guess.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
It's just another of many many "tone deaf" issues people face in every neighborhood in every state. There's really no legal/law solution, it 's INSIDE PEOPLE. What comes into the mind of a pet owner, who exits their home with their pet, and does not walk it around their own property/yard, can't really be understood. This far from all pet owners, there is this certain thought process some call "elite", I call "tone deaf", others may just call it self focused. But if you are the type of person who will walk several blocks from your home yard, stand in the street, a either let a LONG leash out and urge your pet into the lawn of another, there really is nothing that is going to have you realize how wrong that actually is. There are people who will walk past homes in the wee hours and PICK UP someone else's newspaper and just keep walking ! It's a "mind set" and nothing on here, or anywhere, is going to make such people realize just how rude and insensitive such things are... same thing with people who will BOLDLY just set right in front of people in line, and refuse to leave when others protest !
For trespass and depositing waste on another's property, there is a legal solution, but it can be tedious, tiresome and not without some expense. But, you are right about the mindset of the perps. They often pretend to not recognize or acknowledge their character flaws. Erogance, indifference, narcissism. And, when caught in the act, will play the innocent victim or will deflect with "but it's only a little dog". Yep, you are correct. Some people are just scum.
Old 04-18-2024, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
It's a GREAT RANT because it actually is the most logical on here, It is NOT that people don't pick up the feces, it's HOW it enters their head to use someone else's LAWN when we all know they have their own, even in in a small villa, nearly all have some small area. We made the decision not to replace the dog we had when we moved here. She was 12, and lived here for two more years. When I first realized that there were so many people here to can not be separated from their dog for even grocery shopping, or a lunch out, it was something we'd never experienced. Neither of us had ever taken any of our dogs grocery shopping ! We were always tempted to take them when we went to the outdoor walk-up location of the Dairy Queen on a summer night, but our vet said NO WAY do dogs need, or should have, frozen custard... LOL...! It's puzzling people can be that insecure. I have a relative retired in another state who claims she HAS to take her dog everywhere, and I mean everywhere. She claims "he" won't even allow her to take a quick run to the hardware store or gas station without him ????? We know she does not have dementia, but "something" is surely not right I guess.
You guess? No! It is definitely not right! That level of insecurity is a mental/emotional disorder. If she thinks the dog is incharge, or she needs an emotional support animal, she is sick. Unfortunately, it is an all too common problem. Just because it is common, doesn't mean they are not sick. (like the common cold)

Last edited by fdpaq0580; 04-18-2024 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2024, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,282 Times in 4,299 Posts

I'm confused by this thread...

There are several people who've posted over and over and over who STILL haven't made their opinions clear...

Maybe if they post the same rant a few dozen more times, it'll become clear...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-18-2024, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I'm confused by this thread...

There are several people who've posted over and over and over who STILL haven't made their opinions clear...

Maybe if they post the same rant a few dozen more times, it'll become clear...
Dear JM,
Not sure what is confusing you. If it is the fact that so many, having likely read the rants but still fail to act like civil human beings by keeping off the neighbors yard, it is because those disrespectful s--threads are exactly that, disrespectful s--theads and are deserving of any animosity that comes their way as a result of the torment they inflict upon their neighbors through their trespassing.
If, on the other hand, you are confused by the continuing "rants", that is two-fold ( at least for me). First, I live in the hope of a day when I can look out my window without having my mea or snack interrupted by the sight of a neighbor urging his/her dog into my yard so I can watch as "phydoux" (pronounced "fido") decorates my lawn with the disgusting residue of kibble.
Secondly, I find the act of letting the dog owners who let their dogs trespass and, as one person called it, "violate"a neighbors property, have "both barrels", in a literary manner, somewhat cathartic
Old 04-18-2024, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,282 Times in 4,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Dear JM,
Not sure what is confusing you. If it is the fact that so many, having likely read the rants but still fail to act like civil human beings by keeping off the neighbors yard, it is because those disrespectful s--threads are exactly that, disrespectful s--theads and are deserving of any animosity that comes their way as a result of the torment they inflict upon their neighbors through their trespassing.
If, on the other hand, you are confused by the continuing "rants", that is two-fold ( at least for me). First, I live in the hope of a day when I can look out my window without having my mea or snack interrupted by the sight of a neighbor urging his/her dog into my yard so I can watch as "phydoux" (pronounced "fido") decorates my lawn with the disgusting residue of kibble.
Secondly, I find the act of letting the dog owners who let their dogs trespass and, as one person called it, "violate"a neighbors property, have "both barrels", in a literary manner, somewhat cathartic
Nope still not sure what you're talking about...

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 04-18-2024, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Nope still not sure what you're talking about...

The Villages Florida
OK! Let's try "pidgin " English.
Me like doggie. Me no-likey mean man/woman bring doggie my yard for make poo/pee. Many man/women no like mean man/woman bring doggie to they homes make trespass. Make doggie pee/poo they yard. Want mean man/woman keep nice doggie, pee/]poo own home.

I haven't spoken pidgin for decades. Hope you got the jist of of it. 🫠

Last edited by fdpaq0580; 04-19-2024 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:54 PM
Thanked 1,137 Times in 248 Posts

Not this ridiculous idea AGAIN! This stupid idea was already shot down ages ago when it was first posted. It is not going to happen. No way. Fuhgeddaboudit!
Old 04-19-2024, 06:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,617 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipping up to boston View Post
s*it happens!
Your close....116 and counting.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,207 Times in 762 Posts

I just checked , it's not April 1st...
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, owners, villagers, program, dna

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.