DOG WALKERS The Courts are NOT A DOG PARK

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Veteran member

i think reading some of these post in this thread says it all on what dog owners think there rights are.
The old saying goes you can't fix stupid!
Old 10-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post

You can be fined...it isn't as cheap as picking it up.
But....you can't pick up pet pee once the pet has peed on someone's lawn.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

For the 33 years we had a dog (not the same one) and we always had the dogs relieve themselves in a potty area on our property. I cleaned out and maintained that potty area and the dogs had no problem at all relieving themselves there. I used a nice soft mulch so was comfortable on their paws so they looked forward to going in the potty area. When we walked the dogs, it was not for the intention of them to relieve themselves. The walk was strictly for exercise. Now there was a time or two when the dog did go potty while on the walk and it was quite unexpected. But......we always had a plastic bag to clean it up.

Just wondering why so many dog owners prefer to have their fur baby relieve themselves on other people's property or the easement that the property owner must maintain and not their own property? I just don't get it.

Last edited by coffeebean; 10-07-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:54 PM

I am in hysterics reading your quotes regarding the laws of the land! Every one of your points are blatant lies or just plain ignorance!Take your pick.[QUOTE=Martian;1686843]Well, the reason I believe I can walk my dog on your property is as follows:

1.There is an easement on your property along the road, look at your site plan. It is a public easement. It is not clearly indicated what that easement is to be used for (we will get to that)

***There is NO PUBLIC EASEMENT on homes in the Villages, it is an easement for UTILITIES, in case they need to get to their equipment for repair or emergency shutoffs/meter readings etc. NOT so that your dog can squat and poop on their lawns. The homeowner is the one that pays good money to maintain that “easement” as well as the rest of the lawn!

2. You also agreed to covenants when you moved in. Those covenants clearly state that dogs are allowed in the villages. It also clearly states if when walking those pets they defecate on someones property the pet owner responsible to clean it up.

***”Covenants have NOTHING to do with dogs pooping on someone else’s lawn! It merely means that Yes, you are allowed to have a dog if you live here, two in fact.

This is another example of poor wording which is going to make your case even harder to win in court, since if I am walking someone else's dog, I am NOT responsible to clean up after it, the owner is responsible. So, you will have to take that up with the owner. This is a good reason for me to walk my wife's dog and she should walk my dog. Are we getting silly enough yet?

***You are not responsible for cleaning up after your wife’s dog because you are not the owner??? And you say that would make it harder for the homeowner you violated to win in court? Oh would I just LOVE to be in the courtroom when you tell the judge that one! Lol!

This covenant says that I can walk my dogs in the neighborhood, and it is EXPECTED that the dogs will poop on peoples property. The reason it says I can walk my dogs on your property is that it doesn't state I can't, and does state the expectation that I will. This is known as implicit permission, by defining action to be taken in the case of something being that is permitted.

***You are trying to actually write that you have “permission” to trespass on someone else’s property merely because it is not explicitly written? Lol! Try that one out a few times buddy. If you’re lucky you might run fast enough in the other direction ****ing in your pants and praying the “homeowner” is a really bad shot! Again, go tell the judge why you are “allowed” to do so!

The covenant is not shy at saying things are NOT allowed, there are numerous examples of that. It does NOT say at any point that dogs can not be walked in the neighborhood. It states that when pets defecate on neighbors property what actions are to be taken.

This is the same thing as saying music must be "turned down" after (I think) 10 PM and until dawn. That gives implicit permission to play music loudly the rest of the time.

*** Here we go again...you believe you have ”permission” to play loud music and annoy anyone within earshot and you can’t be ordered to lower it down merely because it’s before 10 PM and until dawn? Boy, that “dawn” thing is WAY off! Well, wrong again my boy...!!
It’s called “Disturbing The Peace” for legal terminology. If an Officer or Sheriff shows up at your door and orders you to ”turn it down” as they have received a couple of complaints (usually at least 2 complaints will do it) and he or she has to return because you have failed to comply (Oh yeah, “Failure To Comply” is another violation) with such an order, you will 99% of the time be handed a nice little summons with a court date on it. If you ignore any of the above you will be handcuffed, patted down and placed in the back of a unit. You are headed to jail. If you fail to show up on your court date, or a lawyer that is representing you, a warrant will be issued for your arrest and, yes, again, on your way to jail.

The covenants are very poorly worded. But, they do supersede local county laws (in most civil issues), since you agreed to them when you moved in.

3. I don't know about Sumter County laws and how they are written, but in most of the country, you will have difficult time charging someone with trespass without a "Private Property" sign clearly posted. I guess I don't have to mention that you are not allowed to post a private property sign in TV.

***Wrong again! Read the above. I already covered trespass. No sign need be posted. You have NO right to trespass onto another’s land or home. The covenants of the Villages does NOT supercede ANY CRIMINAL LAW of any city or county in this country! Because all the points you tried to make here are just that. Criminal violations. You try to write as if you must know what your talking about so go ahead....keep trying to tell the nice folks here in the Villages how you can do what you want and get away with it! See how far you’ll get!!

I responded for one reason only. I cannot STAND someone that thinks they can walk on people because if you say it loud enough they will think it must be so. You are blithering about violating the law and talking about violating people’s rights and I wasn’t going to keep still when you knew none of it was true because I don’t think ANYBODY is that feeble minded.

And finally I don't appreciate the insult of "drinking the cool aide" just because I disagree with your interpretation of how laws will be enforced. It is not conducive to a civil conversation or solving what is obviously a continuing issue among neighbors.

***Your interpretation of the law you say? You don’t believe that any more than I do.

I could as just as well say you should stop eating the sour grapes.[/QUOTE

By the way, I am not only a dog lover but I am a dog owner. That is so you cannot try to say I must be a dog hater. Actually I’ve never met a bad dog, just not so good owner’s on occasion.

Last edited by rufflesmom; 10-08-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=rufflesmom;1687105]I am in hysterics reading your quotes regarding the laws of the land! Every one of your points are blatant lies or just plain ignorance!Take your pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Well, the reason I believe I can walk my dog on your property is as follows:

1.There is an easement on your property along the road, look at your site plan. It is a public easement. It is not clearly indicated what that easement is to be used for (we will get to that)

***There is NO PUBLIC EASEMENT on homes in the Villages, it is an easement for UTILITIES, in case they need to get to their equipment for repair or emergency shutoffs/meter readings etc. NOT so that your dog can squat and poop on their lawns. The homeowner is the one that pays good money to maintain that “easement” as well as the rest of the lawn!

2. You also agreed to covenants when you moved in. Those covenants clearly state that dogs are allowed in the villages. It also clearly states if when walking those pets they defecate on someones property the pet owner responsible to clean it up.

***”Covenants have NOTHING to do with dogs pooping on someone else’s lawn! It merely means that Yes, you are allowed to have a dog if you live here, two in fact.

This is another example of poor wording which is going to make your case even harder to win in court, since if I am walking someone else's dog, I am NOT responsible to clean up after it, the owner is responsible. So, you will have to take that up with the owner. This is a good reason for me to walk my wife's dog and she should walk my dog. Are we getting silly enough yet?

***You are not responsible for cleaning up after your wife’s dog because you are not the owner??? And you say that would make it harder for the homeowner you violated to win in court? Oh would I just LOVE to be in the courtroom when you tell the judge that one! Lol!

This covenant says that I can walk my dogs in the neighborhood, and it is EXPECTED that the dogs will poop on peoples property. The reason it says I can walk my dogs on your property is that it doesn't state I can't, and does state the expectation that I will. This is known as implicit permission, by defining action to be taken in the case of something being that is permitted.

***You are trying to actually write that you have “permission” to trespass on someone else’s property merely because it is not explicitly written? Lol! Try that one out a few times buddy. If you’re lucky you might run fast enough in the other direction ****ing in your pants and praying the “homeowner” is a really bad shot! Again, go tell the judge why you are “allowed” to do so!

The covenant is not shy at saying things are NOT allowed, there are numerous examples of that. It does NOT say at any point that dogs can not be walked in the neighborhood. It states that when pets defecate on neighbors property what actions are to be taken.

This is the same thing as saying music must be "turned down" after (I think) 10 PM and until dawn. That gives implicit permission to play music loudly the rest of the time.

*** Here we go again...you believe you have ”permission” to play loud music and annoy anyone within earshot and you can’t be ordered to lower it down merely because it’s before 10 PM and until dawn? Boy, that “dawn” thing is WAY off! Well, wrong again Martin my boy...!!
It’s called “Disturbing The Peace” for legal terminology. If an Officer or Sheriff shows up at your door and orders you to ”turn it down” as they have received a couple of complaints (usually at least 2 complaints will do it) and he or she has to return because you have failed to comply (Oh yeah, “Failure To Comply” is another violation) with such an order, you will 99% of the time be handed a nice little summons with a court date on it. If you ignore any of the above you will be handcuffed, patted down and placed in the back of a unit. You are headed to jail. If you fail to show up on your court date, or a lawyer that is representing you, a warrant will be issued for your arrest and, yes, again, on your way to jail.

The covenants are very poorly worded. But, they do supersede local county laws (in most civil issues), since you agreed to them when you moved in.

3. I don't know about Sumter County laws and how they are written, but in most of the country, you will have difficult time charging someone with trespass without a "Private Property" sign clearly posted. I guess I don't have to mention that you are not allowed to post a private property sign in TV.

***Wrong again! Read the above. I already covered trespass. No sign need be posted. You have NO right to trespass onto another’s land or home. The covenants of the Villages does NOT supercede ANY CRIMINAL LAW of any city or county in this country! Because all the points you tried to make here are just that. Criminal violations. You try to write as if you must know what your talking about so go ahead....keep trying to tell the nice folks here in the Villages how you can do what you want and get away with it! See how far you’ll get!!

I responded for one reason only. I cannot STAND someone that thinks they can walk on people because if you say it loud enough they will think it must be so. You are blithering about violating the law and talking about violating people’s rights and I wasn’t going to keep still when you knew none of it was true because I don’t think ANYBODY is that feeble minded.

And finally I don't appreciate the insult of "drinking the cool aide" just because I disagree with your interpretation of how laws will be enforced. It is not conducive to a civil conversation or solving what is obviously a continuing issue among neighbors.

***Your interpretation of the law you say? You don’t believe that any more than I do.

I could as just as well say you should stop eating the sour grapes.[/QUOTE

By the way, I am not only a dog lover but I am a dog owner. That is so you cannot try to say I must be a dog hater. Actually I’ve never met a bad dog, just not so good owner’s on occasion.

Well said if it doesn't get removed for stating the truth!
AS i said friend you can't fix Stupid or Arrogance.
Stay Well.
Florida Statues 810.09 is very clear.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

I never take my concrete dog anywhere.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Default DOG WALKERS The Courts are NOT A DOG PARK

"Well, the reason I believe I can walk my dog on your property is as follows:"

[emoji23]

Last edited by PrudentLifer; 10-08-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post

[emoji23]
Yes i also got a chuckle with that as well. Unfortunately with that attitude he will find out very fast how wrong he is and the people he Pis*es off as well.

NO pun intended lol
Old 10-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:

[emoji23]
Yep. Sometimes you just want to say - Did you think about that before you decided to talk?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Old 10-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Frontage easements, typically a water main will add 6-7 feet to your maintenance frontage. That easement is no way the homeowners property. Your survey and a tape measure will verify this.
The benefit to being on an easement side of the street is a greater front setback to the street and a longer driveway.
Still, no excuse for a dog walker not respecting what you maintain.

Corner house owners know this all to well thinking adding a pool or an extension will be allowed.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell
If so - the why are the homeowners required to maintain that area and pay property taxes on it?

Old 10-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
If so - the why are the homeowners required to maintain that area and pay property taxes on it?

For the very same reason you have to maintain and shovel the sidewalk in front of your house up north. The town requires it.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..." [emoji527]
George Orwell
Old 10-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post

You're not paying taxes on the easement.

George Orwell
Old 10-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post

Sadly, many people are not as interested in peaceful co-existence... This whole "having neighbors" thing is new to us, coming from 11 acres where the closest neighbor being over 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. We are trying to learn, but I do think some give and take on both sides can make things better.
Stop being so reasonable.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Default DOG WALKERS The Courts are NOT A DOG PARK

A show of hands please!

Neighbors are allowed to have their dogs wee wee and poop on your lawn...Hands up!

[emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

Neighbors need to respect that which doesn't belong to them, namely, your property... Hands up!

[emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305]

[emoji6]

George Orwell
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, courts, dogs, reply, walk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.