Driving to Florida?

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
No, cash goes from north to south. Nothing like boxes full of 100 dollar bills.
There's nothing like sending boxes of 100s in the back seat of a senior citizen driving to TV.

I mean, that's what I'd do with a cash shipment, post it on an internet forum in the hopes an unsuspecting geezer would not look in the boxes.
Old 05-27-2021, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,250 Posts

I completely misread the original post, so I was way off base with Amtrak passenger service, I will go with just shipping the boxes, USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc., unless of course you can not tell what is in the box.......
Old 05-28-2021, 04:52 AM
Veteran member

Imaginations are running wild with this post!
Old 05-28-2021, 05:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, you might want to look into Amtrak passenger service this will get you to Sanford, about an hour and 15 minutes away, possibly to Wildwood, which is much closer.
Its boxes. Not people.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Nope, that's why my first thought was "what's in those boxes"
😂😂😂😂😂
Old 05-28-2021, 05:56 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanp@aol.com View Post
Anyone driving from New York Metro-area (preferably Long Island) to The Villages between now and mid-June willing to loan us their back seat for a few boxes? Compensation, of course, provided. Please PM me. Thank you

. I wouldnt trust things to a stranger just like I wouldnt transport boxes for a stranger. If youre willing to compensate the driver, why not just use the postal service? Helping neighbors is one thing, but this is overstepping bounds
Old 05-28-2021, 06:00 AM

Its a two way street when it comes to drugs.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
Somebody is watching too many crime shows on TV. No drug dealer is going to send product in boxes in the back of someone's car without knowing them.

Besides, drugs go from south to north, not the reverse.
You may want to pull your head out of the sand
Old 05-28-2021, 07:17 AM

Good luck on your search. We have several toys and treasures we are saving for our grand children that will need to go north some day. They need fragile treatment.
You might check the bus lines. We shipped for cheap on Greyhound, but each box had a weight limit.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:09 AM

Exactly! If I knew the person then no problem, but a stranger I’d be a little reluctant on that. Wouldn’t want to be responsible for it. But I do get it. They are probably flying and shipping boxes can be costly. Hopefully they can reach out to people they know or acquaintances that will do it.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:30 AM

Sounds like the plot to a Clint Eastwood movie.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
Somebody is watching too many crime shows on TV. No drug dealer is going to send product in boxes in the back of someone's car without knowing them.

Besides, drugs go from south to north, not the reverse.
But cash goes north to south.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:08 AM

OMG! You people have WAY too much time on your hands! It's a lamp, a piece of art, a comforter, a blender - the boxes can be left un-taped if it would make you more comfortable - I'm not a stranger or a drug dealer - I'm a neighbor, and I don't think I have overstepped my bounds! Yes, I could ship it but it is way more expensive to do so then the items are worth, so it's really not cost effective to do so. I just thought someone might have some space in their car and might want to have their gas paid for on their drive down - nothing more. They aren't items that would easily fit in a box or a suitcase and just pay for an extra bag when we fly. Try to be kind, it will bring you more happiness!
Old 05-28-2021, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
OMG! You people have WAY too much time on your hands! It's a lamp, a piece of art, a comforter, a blender - the boxes can be left un-taped if it would make you more comfortable - I'm not a stranger or a drug dealer - I'm a neighbor, and I don't think I have overstepped my bounds! Yes, I could ship it but it is way more expensive to do so then the items are worth, so it's really not cost effective to do so. I just thought someone might have some space in their car and might want to have their gas paid for on their drive down - nothing more. They aren't items that would easily fit in a box or a suitcase and just pay for an extra bag when we fly. Try to be kind, it will bring you more happiness!
You would have most likely received different responses had you noted what was in the boxes in the first place. Everyone likes a little drama and you helped for a couple days LOL.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I am from LI and may be headed to TV July/August to visit. If we have the room, we would be more than happy to help out and fit what we can. BUT - I really do need to stop reading this forum. The obnoxious and nasty replies on here are astonishing from people who live in - AMERICA'S FRIENDLIEST HOMETOWN.

And we're the New Yorkers?? How about that?
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, back, seat, boxes, compensation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.