Driving to Florida?

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSBLUE View Post
I am from LI and may be headed to TV July/August to visit. If we have the room, we would be more than happy to help out and fit what we can. BUT - I really do need to stop reading this forum. The obnoxious and nasty replies on here are astonishing from people who live in - AMERICA'S FRIENDLIEST HOMETOWN.

And we're the New Yorkers?? How about that?
Thank you for your kindness! I do have an "acquaintance" (as one poster so graciously suggested I should call upon) driving down in August who is happy to assist us so I will just wait until then. There is a viral internet post that says New Yorker's are kind but not nice, where others are nice but not kind - New Yorker's immediately get it - others just get mad.

It does strike me as quizzical that people will freely invite that new person they met at quilting today over to THEIR HOME for coffee, but helping a neighbor out by transporting an inanimate object - NO WAY! Everyone that you have never met before this moment is A STRANGER, but the next person that you meet may be your new best friend...think about that today with all the time that you seem to have instead of posting nonsense hostility on the internet.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:27 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Sad how so many are so fast to go negative. I never thought anything negative reading you post, sending anything in the mail is stupid expensive. If I was going I would have been happy to help. Try contacting the New York club here, somebody may be headed that way.
Old 05-28-2021, 12:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanp@aol.com View Post
OMG! You people have WAY too much time on your hands! It's a lamp, a piece of art, a comforter, a blender - the boxes can be left un-taped if it would make you more comfortable - I'm not a stranger or a drug dealer - I'm a neighbor, and I don't think I have overstepped my bounds! Yes, I could ship it but it is way more expensive to do so then the items are worth, so it's really not cost effective to do so. I just thought someone might have some space in their car and might want to have their gas paid for on their drive down - nothing more. They aren't items that would easily fit in a box or a suitcase and just pay for an extra bag when we fly. Try to be kind, it will bring you more happiness!

I hear you, I always have these kind of situations, some people are just too untrusting, whatever. If I could help you, I would.
I've had the same problem- needing to get a package back up north so I could fly except mine is big, black and has 4 legs and licks your ear the whole way.....any takers?? Lol
Old 05-28-2021, 03:22 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSBLUE View Post
I am from LI and may be headed to TV July/August to visit. If we have the room, we would be more than happy to help out and fit what we can. BUT - I really do need to stop reading this forum. The obnoxious and nasty replies on here are astonishing from people who live in - AMERICA'S FRIENDLIEST HOMETOWN.

And we're the New Yorkers?? How about that?
A lot of those posting obnoxious replies do not live in America's Friendliest Hometown.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
There's nothing like sending boxes of 100s in the back seat of a senior citizen driving to TV.

I mean, that's what I'd do with a cash shipment, post it on an internet forum in the hopes an unsuspecting geezer would not look in the boxes.

Good thought? except for the nosy old geezer’s
Old 05-29-2021, 05:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanp@aol.com View Post
Anyone driving from New York Metro-area (preferably Long Island) to The Villages between now and mid-June willing to loan us their back seat for a few boxes? Compensation, of course, provided. Please PM me. Thank you

Is there anything in the boxes worth pawning? (Asking for a friend)
Old 05-29-2021, 06:54 AM

My take on reading this was simply people having a little fun, nothing mean or nasty in the tone. Good luck, I’m sure someone will be happy to offer some help.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Given the times we live in, would be happy to help but would want to know what we were carrying.

Get stopped by a cop for speeding and he decides he has probably cause for a search and the dog finds something, good luck proving it is not your drugs.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:48 AM

It is kind of scarry that these posts (replies) are real. Time to enjoy the outdoors!!!!!! Go for a walk, help a neighbor in need- volunteer maybe? Excercise? Just a thought-
Old 05-29-2021, 10:25 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcica@aol.com View Post
It is kind of scarry that these posts (replies) are real. Time to enjoy the outdoors!!!!!! Go for a walk, help a neighbor in need- volunteer maybe? Excercise? Just a thought-
Which one is scary?
Old 05-29-2021, 12:35 PM

Al's Moving in White Plains makes weekly runs split loads to FL from White Plains, NY. Sure there are similar movers on the Island.
Old 05-30-2021, 09:15 AM

Hooray for you. You learn not to ask anything on here because The Villages Idiots are so small minded that this is the only way they know respond regardless of the subject. You’ll notice it’s the same 6 or 8 who do this and almost never offer anything helpful or positive in their comments. You know what “they” say: “A fools name like a fool’s face is frequently seen in a public place.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Am I the only one who watches, "How to Catch a Smuggler" ???

LOL Ok, you didn't mean drugs, maybe a couple boxes of Uzis or radioactive cesium? Obvious your first thought was something illegal and "smuggled"

Enjoy CSI, but smugglers are not going to post this type of inquiry on an internet forum, its ludicrous.
I have just read all of your posts. Been posting on here since end of May.

I still can't conceptualize your focus or your opinions. I kinda think you are on to things, but then you turn the opposite.

I personally am annoyed that much of the media seems to think that the unvaccinated all wear red hats, watch Fox and are unwashed. I think I read that over 70% of Villagers were vaccinated. I only know of three people personally who are not, who live here.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Nope, that's why my first thought was "what's in those boxes"
Parts of Jimmy Hoffa!
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, back, seat, boxes, compensation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.