Driving from PA to TV on Mon. 9/19. Should we cancel?

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

The fuel situation..From the Carolinas to the Villages is my concern
Thinking about coming down late next week
Old 09-15-2017, 09:59 AM
Gold member

Come on down!! We're almost back to normal here.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Default Trip Down to The Villages

Just to add a bit to what the previous posters said.... I just left Virginia on Thursday and got here today. Probably half to two thirds of the cars on I-95 had Fla tags and there were lots of cars on the road. Had no problems getting gas except when I got to Ocala. Some power issues remain there and when I found an open station there were probably over a dozen cars waiting. The convenience store had lines of people and a remotely located ice shack had a line. But, these things are outside The Villages. Power is on here, but golf courses are closed. Lots of debris remains, but it will get picked up and we will be back to usual within a week or two.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Come on down!! We're almost back to normal here.
Normal as in saved seats at town squares that no one uses and
fake service dogs at restaurants
Old 09-15-2017, 04:34 PM

We just arrived in The Villages this afternoon, driving from Greenville, SC. We encountered no traffic issues on I-26, I-95, I-10 or 301 and only minor congestion on I-75 from Ocala to the Wildwood exit. No issues with gas, although we did see a few stations on 301 that still had no electricity/gas with bags on the pumps. A really good ride!
Old 09-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Veteran member

Absolutely come down. Today we just came back from Virginia. Make your hotel reservation ahead of time just in case. No problems with gas or traffic but we did not use the interstate although my "Inrix" app showed 95 to be normal.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:44 AM

We're arriving 10/1 from PA for a 2-month rental. Have the same concerns as the original poster. Getting updates and pics from the Daily Sun, looks like there is still a lot of flooding and damage to the golf courses.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd1945 View Post
We're arriving 10/1 from PA for a 2-month rental. Have the same concerns as the original poster. Getting updates and pics from the Daily Sun, looks like there is still a lot of flooding and damage to the golf courses.
Yes the courses have flooding, at this time it is week by week as to when courses are going to be ready. If golf is the only activity you plan on there should be some open while you are here. We do have a wide range of things to do other than golf.

The villages is not going to stop until every golf course is completely cleaned up that is a guarantee. When that will be accomplished is a? For everyone. I think only you can answer whether you should come down or not. You'll be amazed at what this place is like and how quickly things will return to normal.

What if you get down here and you can't play any golf will that ruin your time of your vacation. It is a thought that I would consider after spending the amount of money for staying for two months

Tags
weeks, trip, open, houses, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.