Drone Patrol and Gun Control

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2021, 01:44 PM
Default Drone Patrol and Gun Control

For sometime, I have fantasized about a process to stop these senseless school and mass killings. My solution is to develop a drone patrol -- each with "camera eyes" and multiple sensors for sensing drugs, ammunition, etc. as well as face technology. Drone Patrols with such technology could patrol airports, stadiums, theaters, schools and universities, malls, government utility stations (water, electricity, etc.). When suspicious activity is sensed, the drone(s) hover over the suspect. Video the activity, and instantaneously notify the authorities with the sensed activity, video, and the location of the suspected wrong-doing.

Educating the crazies to such a technology, as described above, may even deter them from attempting such a horrific mission in the first place.

What do you think?
Old 12-06-2021, 02:12 PM

Has the necessary technology been developed in small, very lightweight form to sense drugs and ammo on people while on the move and at a distance so as to not be intrusive? Without super light weight technology the drone idea would be premature.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I think you are years too early, but certainly living up to your posting name!.
You will be fantasizing about self drive electric cars next!
Old 12-06-2021, 02:43 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

So everyone with a concealed carry permit will be detected and have the cops called on them? Sounds brilliant.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:37 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

What the issue is we need more guns, says the gun lobby.
The most recent school shooting parents bought a 9mm semi automatic for a fifteen year old for Christmas present.
I am very familiar with this issue a work associate bought a 9mm handgun for his 16 year old son outcome was his son killed himself by suicide that stopped the child support payments.
The weapon was not secured the parents are responsible for actions of a minor, also I hope they have a Merry freakin Christmas in jail!
Old 12-06-2021, 03:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

Sounds like the book "1984" no thanks .....
Old 12-06-2021, 04:23 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Florida is the GunShine State...tooo many guns here. We need the gun controls here like they have in NY and NJ...we would be beyond safe.

And i hear the Supreme Court may allow carry licenses in NY....ruling is immenent.

Are they crazy..the gun control is keeping NY safe.

Anyone want to come to Shooters World tomorrow?
Old 12-06-2021, 04:24 PM

As I recall, the military drone patrol's most recent action was to blow up a bunch of kids by mistake in Afghanistan - oops
Old 12-06-2021, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Florida is the GunShine State...tooo many guns here. We need the gun controls here like they have in NY and NJ...we would be beyond safe.

And i hear the Supreme Court may allow carry licenses in NY....ruling is immenent.

Sarcasm?

-Tom Petty
Old 12-06-2021, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:

Seems a bit confusing. Reality, NY, NJ, CALIF, AND ILL, have the tightest gun control laws in the US The strange reality is that they also have the most people shot.
Cause and effect????????????

As far as New York. If, you know the city, you can buy guns on the steps of the 42nd street library. As it is criminal to own a gun in NY only criminals have guns.

For that matter a gun is a simple device. You can buy everything you need at one of the box stores such as Lowes, Home Depo, Walmart etc.

Crime? More reality, it was worse in the 1920s. Beware, that lil grandma may well be LEGALLY carrying.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

@ the risk of sounding like some cliche', this type of behavior can be curtailed by police on campus. real cops, not security service
Old 12-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:

There are more guns owned by people in the USA, than there are people in the USA. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't that there aren't enough guns.

No, the problem is, there are guns in the possession of people who have no business possessing them.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:32 AM

Yes NY & NJ both have ridiculously strict gun control laws. Nevertheless the average miscreant carrying a firearm rarely gets indicted in NYC. He will get another gun and back through the justice turnstile
Old 12-07-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living a Fantasy View Post
For sometime, I have fantasized about a process to stop these senseless school and mass killings. My solution is to develop a drone patrol -- each with "camera eyes" and multiple sensors for sensing drugs, ammunition, etc. as well as face technology. Drone Patrols with such technology could patrol airports, stadiums, theaters, schools and universities, malls, government utility stations (water, electricity, etc.). When suspicious activity is sensed, the drone(s) hover over the suspect. Video the activity, and instantaneously notify the authorities with the sensed activity, video, and the location of the suspected wrong-doing.

Educating the crazies to such a technology, as described above, may even deter them from attempting such a horrific mission in the first place.

What do you think?
This wouldn’t help with situations like the Christmas parade massacre. You may remember it’s where the SUV apparently drove itself into groups of people resulting in an “accident”. Funny how that story dropped off the face of the earth.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:04 AM

Maybe look at the school protocols. Seems this latest shooting and others in Florida could have been avoided if the school didn't insist on keeping the kid in school.
Closed Thread

Tags
drone, technology, patrol, activity, video

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.