Drone Patrol and Gun Control

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2021, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1963 View Post
When an armed crook breaks into your house while you and your family scream for your lives, you call 911, get a recording saying "the police have been de-funded please call a social worker for assistance." AND you can not defend yourself and family. Thought process might be different. I am from NYC. The Same DUMB ASS CITY that had The Big Gulp Tax!!!! DAH! WT_?

The GUN is not the problem, it is the HOLDER! People can fake any document ie. Covid cards. I believe over 85% of homeowners in TV own a gun. What is the Violent Crime/Home Invasion Rate in TV? Next to nothing! Under 15% chance of success!!! Even the most dumb ass thief is not stupid enough to take those odds!!! Even then Home Invasion is usually contributed to homeowner error, unlocked window/door. Outside the Bubble is a much different issue, all the more reason to carry!!!

NY and NJ move to Fl. for no state tax income tax on pensions and to be safer! If Fl. gun laws do not appeal to you do not stay, sell your place, go back and deal with the environment that you chose to try and escape from. TV Armed and strong!
Amen to that.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:30 AM

It is so easy to continue to blame inanimate objects. A gun is inanimate, it doesn't point
itself or pull its own trigger, PEOPLE DO, so why blame the gun, get real and blame the
person using the gun!!!
Old 12-08-2021, 11:20 AM
Default Veterans are Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
What saddens me is the presumptiveness of a person who was taught to kill as a profession claiming any special wisdom about morality. We need the military. We need people who are malleable to be trained into being killing machines with no doubts about seeing the "enemy" as subhuman and slaughtering them. But those are not a morality. I think the God you seem to think I should fear said something about thou shall not kill and love your neighbor. I don't recall the apostles being armed and locked and loaded.
When my son joined the U.S. Marines, I was frightened, aprehensive, and PROUD. A friend made the comment that he had been "trained to kill" as this poster suggests. Blueash infers that equals a lack of morality, and further describes our military as "people who are malleable to be trained into being killing machines with no doubts about seeing the "enemy" as subhuman and slaughtering them." Seriously? Malleable? I was a high school teacher, and the students who chose to go to the military, including my son, were proud Americans who desired to serve their country, understanding that to do so meant they were willing to lose their life. Many came from families with a strong history in the military, some not. They came from all economic & social backgrounds. Some were our highest honor students, some were from hard working families who just made ends meet and applied that same hard work to their school work. Painting our military heroes as "malleable" and suggesting they are killing machines without morality tells me that YOU sadly misunderstand our heroes.

I read a book published by an Army Chapeline on this matter, and he had spent a lot of his career counseling soldiers about the difference in being trained to DEFEND and trained to KILL. Our military is trained to defend. We call upon them to go into the worst situations imaginable and be ready and able to take another life when it is necessary to DEFEND their own and that of their fellow soldiers, ultimately providing security to and defending our country &/or helping other countries. I have interviewed many, many veterans from every conflict in our history as part of a documentary and book, and I can tell you that those actions were taken at a cost. But the most significant emotional toll for them was from those who they could not save.

That same God you quote to defame our military heroes also stated "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." (John 15:13, NIV)
I admire, respect, and thank our military heroes, and think that 38 years in the Air Force certainly does not disqualify tmbozoki from commenting on morality. The points made in his/her post were insightful and spot on, IMHO.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:35 AM
Default drones and guns

When you think this through, you may come to recognize that there are over 800K active sworn law enforcement officials in our country that carry firearms concealed both on and off duty. Some wear uniforms, others do not.
This number does not include retired law enforcement officials that can qualify with firearms on a required and regular basis. This allows them to carry concealed legally throughout our nation.
The numbers of citizens (non-law enforcement) that educate themselves in firearms, train with the firearm, provide fingerprints and identification (all vetting) for the ability to carry a firearm concealed is also an enormous number nationwide. I would be remiss for not including our military veterans that also can obtain a concealed carry firearm legally.
Before we dream of solving a challenge, we may consider a full circle view of the concerns and the anticipated fallout of concept changes. It may change the path of the solution in a larger capacity than we first dreamed of.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking What Do I Think???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living a Fantasy View Post
For sometime, I have fantasized about a process to stop these senseless school and mass killings. My solution is to develop a drone patrol -- each with "camera eyes" and multiple sensors for sensing drugs, ammunition, etc. as well as face technology. Drone Patrols with such technology could patrol airports, stadiums, theaters, schools and universities, malls, government utility stations (water, electricity, etc.). When suspicious activity is sensed, the drone(s) hover over the suspect. Video the activity, and instantaneously notify the authorities with the sensed activity, video, and the location of the suspected wrong-doing.

Educating the crazies to such a technology, as described above, may even deter them from attempting such a horrific mission in the first place.

What do you think?
What do I think???
Bring back the guillotine and make it public.
Televise it!

Yeah. That will stop 'em, for sure.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

There is no perfect answer. However, sympathizing with scumbag criminals is not even a correct solution. If you wish to deter criminal activity, then make the criminal too scared to perpetrate a crime. Hard labor for minor offenses, and death for murder and rape. Elect or appoint judges that understand this and do not allow the State's Attorney the authority to negotiate a dismissal of charges based on a criminal working with law enforcement to catch other criminals. Make mandatory minimum sentencing for convictions. In a few years, the crime rate will be substantially reduced if implemented properly. Innocent folks do not need to fear our laws. They should be confident enough to allow their children outside to play and women should feel safe when they are walking home in the dark.
Hard times create hard men
Hard men create good times
Good times create soft men
Soft men create hard times.

It's time to create "hard men" so our families can enjoy "good times."
Old 12-09-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living a Fantasy View Post
For sometime, I have fantasized about a process to stop these senseless school and mass killings. My solution is to develop a drone patrol -- each with "camera eyes" and multiple sensors for sensing drugs, ammunition, etc. as well as face technology. Drone Patrols with such technology could patrol airports, stadiums, theaters, schools and universities, malls, government utility stations (water, electricity, etc.). When suspicious activity is sensed, the drone(s) hover over the suspect. Video the activity, and instantaneously notify the authorities with the sensed activity, video, and the location of the suspected wrong-doing.

Educating the crazies to such a technology, as described above, may even deter them from attempting such a horrific mission in the first place.

What do you think?
How is a camera going to detect a student who will carry a gun in a school? How are you going to detect a gun before it goes in a school when people’s rights to privacy are in play? Schools can’t afford metal detectors or security guards or they would all have them and no guns would ever get in! It’s a hopeless security problem for most public schools, especially in low income areas. If there was a easy solution, they would all gladly adopt it!
Old 12-09-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
...Or we could start raising our kids a bit more responsibly.
That’s not possible with such mentally ill kids these are with Asperger’s syndrome as with most of the school shooters! The bullying in school is a likely cause of the motive but can’t fix kids that easy!! Discipline makes kids rebel! These kids today are not like when we grew up at all so can’t apply the same logic as life was way too simple back then! A knife in school was very rare and fights and violence minimal. Much less impulsive society back then. These parents like others likely wanted to get rid of the burden of their sick kid and there are cases of guns solving that evil action not to have to deal with their sick child anymore! Cases of suicide by gun by kids whose parents provided the gun are out there to stop paying child support in divorces! These parents planned the whole evil situation to get rid of their problem kid I would bet! Just like a lot of the child deaths in cars! Many are planned fir nefarious reasons!
Old 12-09-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbner2805 View Post
That’s not possible with such mentally ill kids these are with Asperger’s syndrome as with most of the school shooters! The bullying in school is a likely cause of the motive but can’t fix kids that easy!! Discipline makes kids rebel! These kids today are not like when we grew up at all so can’t apply the same logic as life was way too simple back then! A knife in school was very rare and fights and violence minimal. Much less impulsive society back then. These parents like others likely wanted to get rid of the burden of their sick kid and there are cases of guns solving that evil action not to have to deal with their sick child anymore! Cases of suicide by gun by kids whose parents provided the gun are out there to stop paying child support in divorces! These parents planned the whole evil situation to get rid of their problem kid I would bet! Just like a lot of the child deaths in cars! Many are planned fir nefarious reasons!
Holy crapoly. My flabber is gasted.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstebbins View Post
Taking guns away from people who obtained them legally is not the answer. A presentation at the Villages Shooters Club showed that every country that has taken away guns from its citizens has ended up with worse crime. You end up with only the criminals having weapons, not good.
Hogwash! Just because someone obtained a gun "legally" does NOT mean they should have one!
History has shown that is NOT true.

Just as a point of information, do you know that in England their police do not even carry guns? So don't go on saying that the UK has a horrible crime problem.

What we need is tighter laws regarding those who get them. Kinda like looking into the background of those who want them. And it can't be done in a day or two; there has to be a waiting period for a proper check. And yes -- hold parents responsible in some cases.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Hogwash! Just because someone obtained a gun "legally" does NOT mean they should have one!
History has shown that is NOT true.

Says who?

Quote:
Just as a point of information, do you know that in England their police do not even carry guns? So don't go on saying that the UK has a horrible crime problem.
We're not England. We threw them out because we had guns!

Quote:
What we need is tighter laws regarding those who get them. Kinda like looking into the background of those who want them. And it can't be done in a day or two; there has to be a waiting period for a proper check. And yes -- hold parents responsible in some cases.
You mean like the Federal Background Check that is already required in every new gun purchase?

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
drone, technology, patrol, activity, video

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.