Drove to Fenney...Here's my takeaway

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2017, 08:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

It's so calming in Fenney. Hoping it stays that way. The three houses we looked at have already been sold. It's not going to be for everyone, but apparently it's for some since homes are selling
Old 06-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Gold member

We visited over weekend. Our take. We would Never live way out there. So isolated all I could think about was driving back from the square at night on that desolatevep road (not Safe). Nothing even near by as far as stores, gas stations, hospitals, etc... Have No idea who would move there. Not even close to softball fields, Lahacienda where so many clubs are etc. Not even impressed with the homes and definitely not the price of them. Too far, too isolated, too dangerous
Old 06-09-2017, 07:05 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

You evidently haven't done your homework Hulahips. Fenney is less than 15 minutes from the Leesburg Hospital, 8 minutes to Publix and the new Clark gas station and carwash at 466A and Morse and 8 minutes to Publix on 44 at Brownwood, 8 minutes to Paddock Square, 3 miles from the Turnpike and I-75 ramps, the ride back from the square is a quick drive down 301 and 1/2 mile east on 468 which is currently under development by TV. Once the commercial development along 468 is in everything will be within a couple miles. It is great down there and as development continues I feel it will be equal to any of the existing villages if not better. Not to mention having a poolside grill and cafe in the Rec. Center and the walking paths. A lot of greenspace will remain which is another plus. Give it a chance, go to the open house next week and see what it's all about. We bought there 2 weeks ago and can't wait until our furniture is delivered and we can move in.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You evidently haven't done your homework Hulahips. Fenney is less than 15 minutes from the Leesburg Hospital, 8 minutes to Publix and the new Clark gas station and carwash at 466A and Morse and 8 minutes to Publix on 44 at Brownwood, 8 minutes to Paddock Square, 3 miles from the Turnpike and I-75 ramps, the ride back from the square is a quick drive down 301 and 1/2 mile east on 468 which is currently under development by TV. Once the commercial development along 468 is in everything will be within a couple miles. It is great down there and as development continues I feel it will be equal to any of the existing villages if not better. Not to mention having a poolside grill and cafe in the Rec. Center and the walking paths. A lot of greenspace will remain which is another plus. Give it a chance, go to the open house next week and see what it's all about. We bought there 2 weeks ago and can't wait until our furniture is delivered and we can move in.
Welcome to The Villages.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:19 AM

How close is the prison?
Old 06-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I agree, and the only research needed to be done was to either read your post #13 or drive down there oneself and note mileage and time before making a negative statement.

I would live there in a heartbeat if it wouldn't mean selling/moving.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Gold member

My problem with Fenney is this. As an example I play in a band that meets at Mulberry. If I lived in Fenney it would be a 20 mile trip each way. Granted that is just my situation. However, there are so many activities spread out throughout the Villages and you may be interested in an activity that meets in a rec. center south of 466A. That would be my only concern.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 06-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
My problem with Fenney is this. As an example I play in a band that meets at Mulberry. If I lived in Fenney it would be a 20 mile trip each way. Granted that is just my situation. However, there are so many activities spread out throughout the Villages and you may be interested in an activity that meets in a rec. center south of 466A. That would be my only concern. John
That's a good point, LittleDog. I'm wondering, though, if the people who populate Fenney would start up their own groups. And sooner or later, because we know from the wagons staged along the route to Fenney that much more development is to come, that many more homes will be built with many more people with enough varied interests to start their own interest groups.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Gold member

Still believe Fenny way too far away as most villagers believe if u talk to them. Again, I found the drive out very Desolate and for me personally would Not feel safe driving that road in the dark. No way. Also nothing to do. Fine if your a homebody but we are way too active to live way out there. As I said No softball fields , most clubs in evening in Lahacienda, Seabreeze, and you won't realize that till you live here. Start reading the recreation paper on Thursday and Note where the clubs are. No way, no how
Old 06-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Still believe Fenny way too far away as most villagers believe if u talk to them. Again, I found the drive out very Desolate and for me personally would Not feel safe driving that road in the dark. No way. Also nothing to do. Fine if your a homebody but we are way too active to live way out there. As I said No softball fields , most clubs in evening in Lahacienda, Seabreeze, and you won't realize that till you live here. Start reading the recreation paper on Thursday and Note where the clubs are. No way, no how
Well, good for you. Stay where you are.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Gold member

PS. They may start small clubs but if u want baby boomers, NYS, 2nd honeymoon club all over this way. Central near Sumter you can't beat. And it's by far the nicest square. Are they getting a square out there??
Old 06-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Well, good for you. Stay where you are.
I am and we are all entitled to our opinions, especially when you've lived here 10 yrs
Old 06-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
How close is the prison?
Very close and perfect roads to be car jacked on. I didn't even feel safe during the day
Old 06-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I believe there are softball fields on Morse just north of 44 less than 10 minutes, also Colony and Eisenhower rec centers with all their activities and clubs are 10 minutes away. I particularly like the short drive to Paddock Square, not as crowded as the other two. It's not as isolated as you are trying to make it but again, it's not for everyone, not yet.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
I am and we are all entitled to our opinions, especially when you've lived here 10 yrs
Yes, you are.

Tags
drove, replaced, stripped, vegetation, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.