Dudley Canine Park & Archery Range

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2018, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Walk by our home and you will see us playing frisbee with our dog. Course, you cant see us playing with the laser pointer in our home and having our dog chase it.

Getting back to the topic at hand, however, the title of this post gave me pause, also. Got a little chuckle out of it. My reaction did not rise to the level of “what were they thinking”.
I wonder who "Dudley" is or was?
Old 05-23-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Is it just me, but I had to laugh this morning when I saw the add in the paper this morning on Page A2 for the Grand Opening of the "Dudley Canine Park & Archery Range". Putting those two together just seems so wrong. But I'm sure those Archery people will enjoy shooting at moving targets instead of just those big round bales with the circles of a bulls eye. Trying to shoot a moving dog would probably be much harder. I can hear it right now "RUN FIDO RUN, GOTCHA".
Old 05-24-2018, 01:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Walk by our home and you will see us playing frisbee with our dog. Course, you cant see us playing with the laser pointer in our home and having our dog chase it.

Getting back to the topic at hand, however, the title of this post gave me pause, also. Got a little chuckle out of it. My reaction did not rise to the level of “what were they thinking”.
When I first heard the name, I envisioned dogs with tiny arrow packs on their backs and little bows, shooting at targets.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I never bring my dogs to the dog park. Too many poorly behaved dogs with clueless owners.
When I lived up north we used to have a pay and monitored dog park. It was totally worth it so you knew that any idiot (read aggressive dog or owner) would get booted out of the park regardless of how much they had paid to join. Here in TV people make excuses for their dogs and let them be rough with other dogs while they sit and have a conversation. My dogs only like to run; they don't want to be tackled or growled at or ganged up on. They can't always be free from a pack of dogs at the park and just be allowed to run around and not be the target because they are soft dogs and don't like aggressive play like some of the tougher breeds. THAT's why we don't go any more.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I found this to be especially true at Atlas dog oath, Roz. I'm not so much of a dog park fan anymore. But my guy is senior, and our fosters weren't allowed to be taken to them.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
It seems to me that The Villages is a miserable place to own a dog. People say the dog parks are pretty bad and if you have a dog off leash there are people like me who will quickly report you to the authorities. There seems to be no place for a person to enjoy their dog, like playing fetch, without bothering people.

I see people walking their dogs and picking up what they leave behind, but I never see people really having fun with their dogs.

Maybe we should have some neighborhoods where all dogs are prohibited (sign us up) and others where well-trained dogs are allowed to run freely, like they did when I was a kid.
I think that is why the fenced in Veranda designer homes are so popular in Fenney and DeSoto, large yards for dogs to exercise and play. Just hope you don't get stuck next to someone who doesn't pick up their dog poop.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Daa, I'm guessing? Or probably think the dog park would be the opposite side where the arrows are pointing? Paradise dog and archery range pretty safe. Just like at gun range you don't load and point other than down range. Rohan probably didn't design it, just approved it like he did with 6 foot wind screens which the majority participants didn't want, but they done anyway, same goes, it works, but lots card paying residents don't like it. Basically nothing can be done except moaning about it.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:21 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

How about naming their two separate areas Diddling Dudley and Dudley Straight Arrow.

The worst boss of my life was named Dudley. He addressed the men who worked for him, no matter their names, as "Bub", as if he did not care to remember and use their actual names. I eventually started addressing him as "Dud" after he kept doing that with me.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-28-2018, 03:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Our Vets both up north and now down here both recommend staying out of dog parks if you want your dog to stay healthy. We though we would try it just after it opened and i can see what they meant, we left after just a few minutes and will never go in there again.
Interested in hearing why the vet recommended that? Very curious and thanks in advance for sharing. We take our dog occasionally and may reconsider...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
archery, morning, park, canine, moving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.