Due diligence before you buy

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2018, 11:36 AM

Indeed...When we looked at our beautiful brand new 3 bed/2 bath corner CYV in Dunedin 3 yrs. ago we had 20 minutes to decide.
The representative stated to us lookers " folks, this is going to be the LAST set of courtyard villas to be built so they will be going fast ! "
Well the lady behind us looking had a fit, asking us REPEATEDLY if we were going to buy that home because she wanted it.... as she continued to follow us around the open house that day. Finally we caved in after 20 minutes and the rest is history. That representatIves was correct about one thing, all of these villas sold in less than 1 month.
I wish now that I had that ladies phone number so I could inform her that we will soon be selling this CYV and moving back towards the Spanish Springs area........ I got a feeling she would really love this place more now with all the trimmings added.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsee View Post
Indeed...When we looked at our beautiful brand new 3 bed/2 bath corner CYV in Dunedin 3 yrs. ago we had 20 minutes to decide.
The representative stated to us lookers " folks, this is going to be the LAST set of courtyard villas to be built so they will be going fast ! "
Well the lady behind us looking had a fit, asking us REPEATEDLY if we were going to buy that home because she wanted it.... as she continued to follow us around the open house that day. Finally we caved in after 20 minutes and the rest is history. That representatIves was correct about one thing, all of these villas sold in less than 1 month.
I wish now that I had that ladies phone number so I could inform her that we will soon be selling this CYV and moving back towards the Spanish Springs area........ I got a feeling she would really love this place more now with all the trimmings added.

Everyone who lives in our 53 home village likes to tell the rest of us at every gathering that....

THE VIEW LOTS SOLD in four hours
as they live in their homes and enjoy the golf course or the swamp.

Makes me jealous, if I didn't like the folks so much who are enjoying the view.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:49 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Everyone who lives in our 53 home village likes to tell the rest of us at every gathering that....

THE VIEW LOTS SOLD in four hours
as they live in their homes and enjoy the golf course or the swamp.

Makes me jealous, if I didn't like the folks so much who are enjoying the view.
So your house is not on a view lot?

View lots everywhere get snapped up. I was fortunate enough to grab one within a few hours after the sign went up. Sometimes one must act fast! Of course I knew the area and had been shopping it for a year so I knew what I had found. The situation is analogous at times in The Villages which has some very attractive view properties.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-26-2018, 11:52 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,344 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Residents in Fenney (per the unnamed news source) are complaining about the blasting at a nearby limestone quarry. The business has been there for over 100 years and they blast 5 times a month.
Others complain about hearing the PA system at the nearby prison.
Wouldn't a simple google maps search have told them what was nearby?
Why don't you quote and actual resident rather than an unnamed fake news source. Until they built homes south of Fenney Way we were as close to the prison and quarry as anyone down here. I have never heard a siren, day or night, and I have heard or felt the blast only 4 times in 10 months, not a big deal. We don't hear trains down here, we don't smell garbage or sewage down here, we don't hear fire station alarms, have never seen a snake, rat, or mouse down here, we dried out rapidly after Irma, have never heard of a sink hole down here, etc. If the biggest complaint someone has is the blasting, they should feel fortunate and be glad they don't live near the sewage treatment plants or railroad crossings. The positives down here far outweigh any negative, the glass is more than half filled. Time to get back to enjoying it.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:06 PM
Gold member

Again, as The Villages expands, it gets closer and closer to other outside elements that will affect the quality of life in the bubble. We recently (6 months ago) moved into our 2nd home in the Village of Chatham, which we love. One of the unique features to this area are the trains that run the length of 301 many times daily and nightly. I'd estimate that we are about 3 miles from the tracks and still hear the horns and the rumbling trains. We knew this before purchasing and it does not bother us at all.

Fast forward to the new Villas and Chatham Acres that are currently under construction, just to the west of the First Baptist Church on CR 42. These new home will be less than a mile from the tracks and there will be no muted sounds as those trains rumble through and sound their horns at every intersection day and night.

I guess I'm wondering what kind of spin The Villages sales agents are putting on this kind of a distraction.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 03-26-2018, 12:21 PM

Blasting @ nearby limestone quarry 5 times/month?
Old 03-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Again, as The Villages expands, it gets closer and closer to other outside elements that will affect the quality of life in the bubble. We recently (6 months ago) moved into our 2nd home in the Village of Chatham, which we love. One of the unique features to this area are the trains that run the length of 301 many times daily and nightly. I'd estimate that we are about 3 miles from the tracks and still hear the horns and the rumbling trains. We knew this before purchasing and it does not bother us at all.

Fast forward to the new Villas and Chatham Acres that are currently under construction, just to the west of the First Baptist Church on CR 42. These new home will be less than a mile from the tracks and there will be no muted sounds as those trains rumble through and sound their horns at every intersection day and night.

I guess I'm wondering what kind of spin The Villages sales agents are putting on this kind of a distraction.
Choo Choo Ch'boogie - Louis Jordan - YouTube

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Why don't you quote and actual resident rather than an unnamed fake news source. Until they built homes south of Fenney Way we were as close to the prison and quarry as anyone down here. I have never heard a siren, day or night, and I have heard or felt the blast only 4 times in 10 months, not a big deal. We don't hear trains down here, we don't smell garbage or sewage down here, we don't hear fire station alarms, have never seen a snake, rat, or mouse down here, we dried out rapidly after Irma, have never heard of a sink hole down here, etc. If the biggest complaint someone has is the blasting, they should feel fortunate and be glad they don't live near the sewage treatment plants or railroad crossings. The positives down here far outweigh any negative, the glass is more than half filled. Time to get back to enjoying it.
If it bothers you so much that you need their names, why don't you just go to their fb page and you can even see their picture!
Old 03-26-2018, 12:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgroemm View Post
I always feel for those people who have homes close to a pickleball court....that constant "pop" must be annoying....I wonder if most knew that before they bought those homes.
We almost did buy with the pickelball court right behind the house. It was our second choice. The realtor just said how fun it would be to be so close to all of the activities at the rec center
Old 03-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,742 Times in 5,255 Posts

I have stopped looking for another house because so many of them have noise from swimming pool pumps. And, even if you find a house without a noisy pump next door, you have no way to prevent your next door neighbor from building a pool or spa and putting the pump near your bedroom. There should be restrictions on these noisy pumps.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:03 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Sounds logical.....But, when we first came here years ago, having a limited time frame in which to be there, we were introduced to the squares, amazed at the golf cart access to stores and fooderies.....that everything else, including the style of home we purchased went to the back burner.

The sales agent was so exuberant, and excited, and never mentioned anything negative, that even me as a realtor, fell in to the spell.

So people, including myself, with a short window to purchase...thought with there hearts and not there heads.....and there you go.....boom...

Now I know better...... due diligence is everything....

PS.... TV sales agents are Single Agents, they are not required to tell you about, prisons, dumps and lime plants, sexual predators living next door, ect. They only represent the positives and are not required to mention the negatives.
Take a close look at the disclosure form the seller is required to sign. When we purchased our house in Melbourne, FL, the seller lied on the disclosure form about the garage not getting water during rain. We took him to court and won.

In most, if not all, states realtors are not required to disclose deaths, etc UNLESS (a big unless) she is asked about it. If she is asked about sexual predators, she is required to give you the online link to the site that gives their names and addresses.

In Calfironia, the seller is required to disclose there is a barking dog close by.

So take a good hard look at the disclosure you get from the seller.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
when I was working, in Broward as a Realtor, it was my responsibility to inform my clients everything I knew about the home.

I was a Transaction Broker. If I knew something, relating to the home and held back information, I could be sued. It was not a written disclosure...in the contract. It was verbal.
Verbal is NOT acceptable and won't hold up in courts. Anything relating to real estate must be in writing to make it legal.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
OH STOP. It was the truth. We liked a house in Hadley on Havana Trail and we looked at it and then an hour later were told it wasn't available. We bought the house next door to it and found the nice people who bought it had indeed taken it off the market and had two hours to commit. We would have taken it if they didn't. She became my dear friend and has since moved to the Village of Heavenly. I miss you Ruthie.
It most certainly was the truth. When we chose our house in Tamarind Grove, it was put on hold by another sales agent while we were in our sales agent's office. We had so many hours to put down the deposit. He showed us the hold on his computer. I think it would have been pretty dishonest of TV to make that computer screen up. I mean why would they do that, anyway... the houses were selling like hot cakes.

We absolutely never felt any pressure from our sales agent.

I'm sorry for the people who moved here and found out it wasn't for them, and left. I hope they're not bitter.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Take a close look at the disclosure form the seller is required to sign. When we purchased our house in Melbourne, FL, the seller lied on the disclosure form about the garage not getting water during rain. We took him to court and won.

In most, if not all, states realtors are not required to disclose deaths, etc UNLESS (a big unless) she is asked about it. If she is asked about sexual predators, she is required to give you the online link to the site that gives their names and addresses.

In Calfironia, the seller is required to disclose there is a barking dog close by.

So take a good hard look at the disclosure you get from the seller.
Of interest what did you win ? How much did it cost you to win ?
Old 03-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Why don't you quote and actual resident rather than an unnamed fake news source.

The poster reported real news from a real news source, not from a fake news source.

Closed Thread

Tags
nearby, complain, hearing, month, blast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.