Duke Energy Golf Cart Path

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Yes, I totally understand legally what would happen if they were drawn into a lawsuit. Deep pockets are always a target. I worked on their end. But here is what makes me scream. Everything was great with crossing there. Not one problem. Now it was not the greatest route but it was a route. A few years ago someone started this because they had some damage to their cart and thought Duke should pay. That woke the beast. Now here you are trespassing, you damage your cart while you are trespassing, and believe its the owners fault and should pay for your damages, Really? I thought this was settled and faded back into the wood work. I'd like to know who and why they woke the beast up? If the path is closed it will definitely be an inconvenience to a lot of people. Yep, I understand their dilemma very well. Just lucky Mr. Brown is not a corporation or there would be no path at all.
Steve: In a matter of speaking and offered with due respect "out of the mouth of babe's . The damaged cart claim is new information to me and information I believed was lurking in the background. I strongly suspected someone, somehow, made Duke Energy nervous.

I do have empathy for those residents both from Stonecrest and TV caught up in this fiasco but I also understand business and Duke would be wise to protect themselves
Old 08-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Steve: In a matter of speaking and offered with due respect "out of the mouth of babe's . The damaged cart claim is new information to me and information I believed was lurking in the background. I strongly suspected someone, somehow, made Duke Energy nervous.

I do have empathy for those residents both from Stonecrest and TV caught up in this fiasco but I also understand business and Duke would be wise to protect themselves
The cart claim a few years back is what started this saga. That is why the fence went up the first time. I suspect that this path will eventually close. There are some people in Stonecrest who cannot drive for various reasons. These are the people who will be inconvenienced the most. Luckily they will still have access to Walmart. You can do just about anything around the house with access to Walmart. I on the other hand was looking for an excuse to buy one of the new Elios Automobiles. Now I may have one.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:21 AM

I also heard about the cart owner wanting a settlement from Duke.

When the path was being improved I asked one of the workers if they had permission to make the improvements, and he stated he did.

Rollie
Old 08-27-2016, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,408 Times in 2,410 Posts

If they had permission to improve the path, why now the sign. Something is missing.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:54 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,843 Times in 3,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
I also heard about the cart owner wanting a settlement from Duke.

When the path was being improved I asked one of the workers if they had permission to make the improvements, and he stated he did.

Rollie
The Duke Energy memo which was read to me, stated the improvements were unauthorized. FWIW
Old 08-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
The cart claim a few years back is what started this saga. That is why the fence went up the first time. I suspect that this path will eventually close. There are some people in Stonecrest who cannot drive for various reasons. These are the people who will be inconvenienced the most. Luckily they will still have access to Walmart. You can do just about anything around the house with access to Walmart. I on the other hand was looking for an excuse to buy one of the new Elios Automobiles. Now I may have one.
Steve: IMHO if for health reasons a person's driver's license was revoked, taken away by a family member, etc it would seem to me that the cause for such action would also apply to a golf cart , especially a golf cart that could travel the streets.

Some may recall wherein a guy from Oxford took to running his golf cart on the multi-modal paths because his license was revoked due to sight issues. He ran down a pedestrian on the multi-modal path. there have been other accidents here attributed to health-related issues. I was at Aldi's this AM and noticed the constant cart traffic exiting the cart path behind the store. So apparently cart drivers in that area are not hampered?

The Viilages was specifically built for cart access accommodations. Each of us chose with an understanding of life's trade offs. I take no satisfaction in saying that or of people's potential remorse, especially at this late stage in our lives. It is simply stated as a fact. In that same vein people can choose again. It is not uncommon for residents here to buy more than once in The Villages.

I wish you the best.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The Duke Energy memo which was read to me, stated the improvements were unauthorized. FWIW
So its the improvements that gave Duke Heart burn? What is written on the new signs exactly?
Old 08-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Sounds like the "permission" didn't come from Duke.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Steve: IMHO if for health reasons a person's driver's license was revoked, taken away by a family member, etc it would seem to me that the cause for such action would also apply to a golf cart , especially a golf cart that could travel the streets.

Some may recall wherein a guy from Oxford took to running his golf cart on the multi-modal paths because his license was revoked due to sight issues. He ran down a pedestrian on the multi-modal path. there have been other accidents here attributed to health-related issues. I was at Aldi's this AM and noticed the constant cart traffic exiting the cart path behind the store. So apparently cart drivers in that area are not hampered?

The Viilages was specifically built for cart access accommodations. Each of us chose with an understanding of life's trade offs. I take no satisfaction in saying that or of people's potential remorse, especially at this late stage in our lives. It is simply stated as a fact. In that same vein people can choose again. It is not uncommon for residents here to buy more than once in The Villages.

I wish you the best.

Personal Best Regards:
I'm having a problem following your point?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:08 AM

Any new updates?
Old 09-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

I wish you the best.

Personal Best Regards:
Although one does not need a DL to drive a golf cart, one whose license has been revoked is not allowed to drive anything with a motor/engine.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:01 PM

Are many people still using this path?
Old 09-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,843 Times in 3,683 Posts

Yes. Shhhhhhhh
Old 09-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Although one does not need a DL to drive a golf cart, one whose license has been revoked is not allowed to drive anything with a motor/engine.
Do you have some type of proof/link/statute saying that?
Old 09-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Do you have some type of proof/link/statute saying that?
I can't help with the statue, but if you're a regular reader of the Sun like I am. At least once a month a golf cart driver, usually in the SS area, is arrested for driving a golf cart on a suspended or revoked driver's license. Usually they are in their 30's or 40's and are living with their parent or parents.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, property, customer, path, duke

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.