During the build of your home

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

Problem TV is facing now is setting up an appt with the Design Team. They are selling houses faster than they can design them with the new owners. Also, I understand the mortgage dept is knee deep in new signs coming in, which also slows down the process. The only thing that is working is the builders. They have been finishing houses much sooner than the closing, so a new house that is finished may set for a couple of weeks before the closing date.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Gold member

We were given June 26th as our closing date and asked if at all possible we would take it sooner as our house in Orlando is rented starting in July and ee want to have the windows and carpets cleaned for our tenant befor they move in.

We are now closing on June 5th; a full 21 days early; yeah.

Visited the house today and it looks great. My dogs Ben and Jerry were with me but they stayed in the car with the engine and a/c running. When I came back to the car they barked their approval of their new home.

The whole neighborhood of Fernandina is filling in fast and only 3 lots are left for sale.

Get'm while they're hot!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Sage

So all you have to do is ask to get an earlier closing? I would be very happy to do that as well as we have lots of work to do after and must be out of this rental by June 30 which would only give us less than two weeks. Who did you ask? Your realtor or your designer or your builder?

Are there really only three lots left in Fernandina? Yikes.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Sage
Default Closing

We built from afar. We were fortunate to have my mother in law take photos for us and our neighbor took some too. As for the CD, we were given one at closing but I haven't had time to view it. I assumed it was all about TV. I guess I'll have to take a look to see what it is. I also heard that some people who closed got a certificate for a lamp post sign for their names on it. We didn't get that but we did get a fly swatter and a fridge magnet!!!! Yippee!! Will come in handy for those darn love bugs.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
So all you have to do is ask to get an earlier closing? I would be very happy to do that as well as we have lots of work to do after and must be out of this rental by June 30 which would only give us less than two weeks. Who did you ask? Your realtor or your designer or your builder?

No. If you change your closing date..it is a change and ANY change costs you $250. So if it is finished early you MAY be able to close early but you must pay to do so. Everything is BOOKED ahead of time, even closing dates, and closing offices.

And Happinow, the lamp post sign we received both times was a gift from our dear rep, Jim McLaughlin and his wife Patti. The closing gifts from the rep is up to them and are well...a gift..

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-12-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 PM

We didn't get a cd either, but did get a bottle of wine, coupon for lamppost sign, & embroidered throw with our names & closing date.
I was at the beach a month before closing and drove over to check on progress, came back a week later and couldn't believe the difference that took place in a week's time.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Sage

Yes, my builder just told me about the $250 CO fee. I already had one of THOSE when I decided to get my own appliances. It is moot. We are a bit behind so probably it is a realistic close date
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post

We met with the builder and asked whatever he could do close early would be appreciated and he was more than willing.
We asked our sales rep and design person the same thing.
It comes down to the builder I think more than anyone.
Yes; change orders are $250.00 and closing early is a change order.
Oh good; lampost sign with our names are not mandatory.
Not crazy about the sign anyway so hope I don't get one.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.