Eastport Design

Old 04-05-2024, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
I think it is going to be fantastic - as long as parking shortage issues aren't a problem. The whole shopping center / alleyway thing reminds me exactly of The Spectrum in Irvine, CA (Orange County). Feel free to fast-forward to the 4:00 minute mark in the linked video, the first four minutes are useless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFUyNdeVrUY
The spectrum looks very similar to the open shops in Wesley Chapel about one hour from here. Will never happen in the Villages because our population is elderly. Stores that open in Eastport will cater to those needs. It takes MANY YEARS to get all the commercial fronts occupied in each town square. Brownwood is STILL not 100% occupied. The amenities will open on day one just like any rec center.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 04-05-2024 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
Outdoor markets, buildings with unique architecture, cobblestone roads, cafes. Most European countries have that in common. Yes, It appears Eastport will have all these. I assumed the square was going to have ancient style architecture (Roman, Greek) since the name of the rec center is Olympia. However, it looks like it will be chic and modern. Surprised me.
Will it resemble Epcot?
Old 04-05-2024, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,282 Times in 4,299 Posts

Quote:
Outdoor markets, buildings with unique architecture, cobblestone roads, cafes. Most European countries have that in common. Yes, It appears Eastport will have all these. I assumed the square was going to have ancient style architecture (Roman, Greek) since the name of the rec center is Olympia. However, it looks like it will be chic and modern. Surprised me.
Cobblestone roads?

Are the local orthopedists sponsoring those roads?

-Tom Petty
Old 04-05-2024, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Cobblestone roads?

Bah humbug.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Cobblestone roads?

No....I believe Morgan and Morgan
Old 04-05-2024, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
The spectrum looks very similar to the open shops in Wesley Chapel about one hour from here. Will never happen in the Villages because our population is elderly. Stores that open in Eastport will cater to those needs. It takes MANY YEARS to get all the commercial fronts occupied in each town square. Brownwood is STILL not 100% occupied. The amenities will open on day one just like any rec center.
Wesley Chapel is one off our destinations outside there bubbler.

I wouldn't understatement the impact of Middleton. We allready see it at Magnolia Plaza. More than 1,000 homes sold already.

But agree filling the commercial space at Middleton, Eastport and Brownwood will not happen soon. But will be outquicker with Families colonizing Middleton.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I have seen airports and mall food courts with as much charm as Sawgrass Grove. But the food was cheaper at the airport.
Really?

It's so busy no body goes they're anymore....

Maybe cranky old dark clouds are not the target market.

Last edited by Altavia; 04-06-2024 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Wesley Chapel is one off our destinations outside there bubbler.

I wouldn't understatement the impact of Middleton. We allready see it at Magnolia Plaza. More than 1,000 homes sold already.

But agree filling the commercial space at Middleton, Eastport and Brownwood will not happen soon. But will be outquicker with Families colonizing Middleton.
High Schools will have that impact...
Old 04-05-2024, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

Golf cart parking is going to be a serious issue. Like at Sawgrass but times 10. Sawgrass has almost no retail in comparison to what Eastport will have and it's parking lot is still completely full on a regular basis to the point where you're driving around in circles for several minutes trying to snag a spot when there's a decent band playing.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
https://youtu.be/MJvtxa1V2v0?si=km__L5s-xPESBnmT

Tracy Morse and Devon Wiechens share the design inspiration behind Eastport, our newest town center in The Villages, FL. Get a first look at renderings and peek into how the design team's imagination is creating an Eastport experience that Villagers, their family and friends will enjoy.
Very similar design to the main shopping area in Lakewood Ranch in Bradenton which just happens to be one of the reasons many retirees select that community to relocate to.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:49 AM
Default Spanish Springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Lake Sumter Landing is a beautiful town center, partly because there are nice areas to escape the entertainment and commercial stores and just sit quietly and enjoy the beauty of the whole place.

In contrast, Brownwood is claustrophobic. It is hard to escape the music find a nice place to sit comfortably.

Sawgrass is even worse. Everything is packed into a small area and there is no place to sit and relax. I suspect that Eastport will be the same way.
How do you feel about Spanish Springs??
Old 04-06-2024, 07:31 AM
TOTV Moderator

Quote:
I heard they were going with a European theme. It appears they have changed their minds and are going with mid century modern? A throwback to the 1950's (Madmen) Style? I did not see A THING that looked European.
Vmail from Tracy and Deven both say The streets will have the feel of European market with alley side streets for that intimate dining or a stroll. Closing off the Main Street in the evening.

If not mistaken both said Eastport is designed after old water towns that were dedicated to ship building.
Old 04-06-2024, 07:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,617 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Golf cart parking is going to be a serious issue. Like at Sawgrass but times 10. Sawgrass has almost no retail in comparison to what Eastport will have and it's parking lot is still completely full on a regular basis to the point where you're driving around in circles for several minutes trying to snag a spot when there's a decent band playing.
I thought they were making golf cart only parking - they can fit more spots into the area
Old 04-06-2024, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I thought they were making golf cart only parking - they can fit more spots into the area
Ya know what would be unique, pioneering, and kinda cool is a small golf-cart sized two-story parking structure. Lots and lots of small individual parking spaces with a max clearance and narrow entry and row lanes that accommodate a max of 5-foot wide golf carts. Make the rows like the lanes on the golf cart bridges and paths. You could fit a bazillion-gazillion golf carts in there. Make the entire first level handicap only spaces so they don't have to take the single-story staircase down to all the Eastport fun.

... just an idea.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 04-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Default Not Bah Humbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
Bah humbug.
Try getting around with a cane where gravity is not your friend. I cringe when I see a cobblestone road. I'm hopefull they will do the cobblestone look with flat pavers more than a true cobblestone. Either way, it should be nice.

Tags
eastport, design, family, renderings, peek

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.