easy yoga classes in TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Default easy yoga classes in TV

I have never done yoga and am very unflexible. Does anyone know if someone like me can do the yoga classes in TV or are they for people who know what they are doing and can do the poses? I am very intimidated due to being so out of shape. thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I have never done yoga and am very unflexible. Does anyone know if someone like me can do the yoga classes in TV or are they for people who know what they are doing and can do the poses? I am very intimidated due to being so out of shape. thanks
lovinganimals, have you looked in the Thursday Rec magazine for yoga classes? You could call one of the teachers (I think the rec centers will give you their names) and ask them about classes for beginners. Where I came from, our church had a chair yoga class for people with limited mobility or balance issues. Good luck with your search.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Gold member
Default Yoga is for all!!!

I go to three different classes, all most people can handle nicely. Every instructor constantly reminds us to only do what our bodies allow day.
Thursday at 10 AM at La hacienda, teacher is Mary. Monday at 11:30, except the second Monday when it's a different time (check Rec News). That class is Tai Chi, some similarity but at a slower pace, very good class, do not need to bring a mat. Weds. at 1 PM at Savannah is a combo of Yoga and a little Tai Chi. Need a mat for that and the Thursday class. Wear comfortable clothes. Do come to any of these classes, they are all very welcoming, fun and a nice calm workout.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:24 PM

Great, thank you both!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:26 PM

great yoga class on Thur morning at Seabreeze 8:50 and 8:30 on Fri at Lake Miona. Fran teaches both, she is very good. Lots of stretching.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

a good yoga instructor is capable of having students of every level in the class. No worries the flexibility will come with each time you come to the mat.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Gold member
Default Don't try the one on TV

I did a search for yoga on DirecTV - found a half hour class, thinking I could be lazy and do this at home. The warm-up neck stretch we great - next she lay on her back and put her feet over her head to the floor - I could only get to vertical, but tried, thinking ok, maybe I will work up to that. Next pose was (I thought) a neat way to get into a lunge, but no - she did the splits!

I rarely have low back pain, did after this. Learned my lesson. I like all the yoga classes in the rec centers here - each teacher different, but good. And yes, just do what you can - eventually, if you keep going, you do get more flexible and stronger. And they all do some balance stuff.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.