Economical extra car parking options?

Old 03-31-2024, 05:54 AM

It's like a SUV parking lot in my courtyard villa complex - I'm a red mustang gal myself (In the garage I might add)
Old 03-31-2024, 06:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,867 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
You could replace one or both of the golf carts with an electric bike. Electric bikes consume drastically less garage space. You could even park the electric bikes outside of the garage if you can lock them up. They have long range electric bikes, and even electric tricycles for adults who can’t balance on a two wheel electric bike. Although the three wheel electric bikes take up more storage space than a two wheel electric bikes.

There are vehicle movers that are made by Carousel USA if you have a garage with an extra storage area. You drive onto the car mover, and then the car mover moves your car to the left or right. They also have carousel car movers that turn your car around, for people that are poor at backing up their car. I’ve also seen car movers that move the car vertically in high garages, where you can essentially stack two cars above each other. But when you’re moving cars with that type of equipment, you might have extra hassles stacking or moving cars around to use the car that can’t immediately be accessed without the car moving mechanism.
I have a beautiful e-bike for sale. I haven’t ridden it even once. $1,500. 7 speed. Fast. Long-range. (Photo doesn’t show battery.)
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5974.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	103528  
Old 03-31-2024, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggC69 View Post
Greetings neighbors. We are new to The Villages and have a full garage; one car and two golf carts. We are not quite ready to let go of the other car and looking for places to park until we see if we can do without. Don't want to break the bank. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Maybe find out if any of your n’bor’s are snowbirds. In our previous villa we let our n’bor use our garage while we were gone for several months out of the year. As a trade off, they mowed our tiny front yard.
Old 03-31-2024, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggC69 View Post
Greetings neighbors. We are new to The Villages and have a full garage; one car and two golf carts. We are not quite ready to let go of the other car and looking for places to park until we see if we can do without. Don't want to break the bank. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Some good suggestions so far. The e-bike one in particular stands out as a good solution.

We're a one-car, one-cart couple. The car (Rav4) for the most part sits in the garage, fully insured and collecting years which will limit sale or trade-in price when the time comes. We've considered selling it and just going with the cart: we can get to most anywhere we need to get to with it, and for long(er) trips, which are infrequent, rentals make sense particularly when one factors in the cost of annual insurance. We've not given it much thought yet: I'm sure there are reasons against as well as for.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:03 AM

Baker brothers on 44 has decent prices for vehicle storage
Old 03-31-2024, 08:20 AM

We have 2 cars in the driveway and 2 cars in the garage golf cart in its own garage
No issues at all

Tags
car, places, park, economical, break

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.