Eight in a Cart

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Gold member

There was the one famous picture from Thailand of the motor scooter, with the family of 6,hanging on when driving downtown.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
There was the one famous picture from Thailand of the motor scooter, with the family of 6,hanging on when driving downtown.
Saw seven on a motorcycle in Cozumel once.

Maybe it was redwitch's people on vacation....
Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Thank you Redwitch for getting those children out of harm's way. I am still sitting here trying to wrap my head how anyone thought this was o.k.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post

I've seen stupid and I've seen dumb but this, I think, is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And, yes, I stopped them and took Grandma, infant and 4 year old with me so that 7 year old could sit up front with Mom and Dad.
You have a good heart. I really hope that your diplomatic handling of the situation was a wake-up call for them to act more responsibly.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Oh, and how do you get ten to a cart? Nine on the floor on the passenger side, but where does #10 go? We could make this a new contest for the Polo Grounds -- golf cart stuffing.
How about 11!
The Villages Florida
(Click Photo to enlarge)
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM

Hi Red: I guess those grandparents haven't read the last issue of the POA where they listed golf cart accidents, some with children falling out of a cart. I think there was a few fatalities involved too with the children. Too bad you couldn't have taken a photo of them and sent it to The Sun for what you shouldn't do in a golf cart! Maybe some of those grandparents would have taken notice! But then again, maybe not. BTW, kudos to you for stopping and taking control of the situation.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I don't know whether to believe this story or not??????That is a lot of weight for one golf cart and occupying space. heck that's a lot of weight occupying space for a small car
Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I don't know whether to believe this story or not??????That is a lot of weight for one golf cart and occupying space. heck that's a lot of weight occupying space for a small car
Rubicon, Redwitch is someone with an abundance of intregrity so if she say's it true, it's true in my book. I'm surprised they didn't strap one of the kid's on the roof. Regarding the weight distribution, it's not uncommon to see two or three very large people in a cart and that can add up. Personally I would believe almost anything after seeing a golden retriever sitting in the driver's seat while the owner was sitting in the passenger seat zipping along the golf cart path.

Last edited by duffysmom; 04-25-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
.......Redwitch is someone with an abundance of integrity so if she say's it true, it's true in my book. .......
Ditto! What motivation would she have to make something like that up? From what anybody would observe from her previous postings on TOTV, that's not been her track record.

Bill
Old 04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Rubicon, Redwitch is someone with an abundance of intregrity so if she say's it true, it's true in my book. I'm surprised they didn't strap one of the kid's on the roof. Regarding the weight distribution, it's not uncommon to see two or three very large people in a cart and that can add up. Personally I would believe almost anything after seeing a golden retriever sitting in the driver's seat while the owner was sitting in the passenger seat zipping along the golf cart path.
Redwitch my apology. I was not questioning your veracity but you were joking with us. I should have established that point
Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Rubicon, I wish I had been joking. It was truly one of the most frightening things I'd seen. The little girl could have easily been tossed out given that the milk crate she was standing on bounced every time they hit a bump. To put your kids at that kind of risk astounds me. BTW, I've seen kids strapped to the golf club posts before but at least they were tall enough to reach the floor of the cart. As to the weight issue, I've seen carts handle two adults weighing at least 280, if not more, plus golf bags. I'd say the weight of these 8 was about the same.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 AM

Folks, there is no cure for stupid. I doubt they got the message. Sad!

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."----John Wesley
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Death in South Carolina Golf Cart Accident Raises Seat Belt Issue

I hope this cart was going very slowly?

There was a dog at the vet last week which had fallen out of the cart and got road rash because of it. Must be a very painful injury to get over.

I have not heard a word more on TOTV about Red's "The Whacker".
Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Tal, haven't seen him again, either, and I take that path a lot. Maybe it was his final hoo-rah before going back north or someone got the message across that his behavior wasn't exactly acceptable?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.