Fiber Optic Internet Service In the New Areas South of 44 in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2023, 07:31 AM
Default Fiber Optic Internet Service In the New Areas South of 44 in the Villages

I know Quantum Fiber offers Fiber Optic internet service in homes built circa 2014 and newer in most areas of the Villages. I know they are south to Fenney but does anyone know if they offer service in Richmond, DeLuna, Newell, Middleton areas? Someone mentioned that you can get fiber optic internet service in these newer areas but it's provided by a different company?
Old 07-19-2023, 07:37 AM

We have a friend that recently moved to Newell and got fiber optic service. We live in the new section of DeLuna and I don’t think it’s available here. I’ve been meaning to check.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
We have a friend that recently moved to Newell and got fiber optic service. We live in the new section of DeLuna and I don’t think it’s available here. I’ve been meaning to check.
Can you find out which company provided the service?
Old 07-19-2023, 09:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,141 Times in 567 Posts
Default Lake County

It looks like fiber optics is available only in the Villages located in Lake County? Spectrum services up to the county line on Meggison. Newell, Denham and Dabney eastward of the county line have fiber.serviced out of Leesburg. Middleton and Eastport are in Sumter so I’m not sure if they will have it?

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Normal; 07-19-2023 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Can you find out which company provided the service?
Centric Fiber.
Old 07-20-2023, 06:29 AM

It's a shame Quantum Fiber is not available in the new areas. The Centric offers look OK but Quantum is still cheaper for the lower speed service. Looks like Centric is a company out of Texas.

Quantum just had this great deal, 200 Mbs for $30 Plus free Mesh Network. Some friends of mine got this service and it works great. Unfortunately it expired 7/13. Maybe they will do it again.
Old 07-20-2023, 06:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,563 Times in 724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
It looks like fiber optics is available only in the Villages located in Lake County? Spectrum services up to the county line on Meggison. Newell, Denham and Dabney eastward of the county line have fiber.serviced out of Leesburg. Middleton and Eastport are in Sumter so I’m not sure if they will have it?
The area between 466a and 44 has fiber in some areas (can't say for sure is all). I have a 1GB fiber connection for my internet service in Hillsborough.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-21-2023, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The area between 466a and 44 has fiber in some areas (can't say for sure is all). I have a 1GB fiber connection for my internet service in Hillsborough.
Thanks Don!

I was wondering if you know and if you can tell us, when the Developer plans to build a series of Villages how is the cable franchise negotiated? Meaning, how was it decided to let Centric install fiber to the home vs Lumen/Quantum in these new areas? I understand both are good companies just curious at a high level what the process is. I was surprised that Quantum didn't build out their fiber infrastructure in these new areas since they are a large provide in many states.

John
Old 07-21-2023, 06:14 AM
Default fiber service in Hillsborough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Hi Don,
Who supplies your fiber service off Hillsborough? How much total monthly with taxes added in?
Deland, Fl.
Lake Deaton, TV
Old 07-21-2023, 06:36 AM

Quote:
It's a shame Quantum Fiber is not available in the new areas. The Centric offers look OK but Quantum is still cheaper for the lower speed service. Looks like Centric is a company out of Texas.

Quantum just had this great deal, 200 Mbs for $30 Plus free Mesh Network. Some friends of mine got this service and it works great. Unfortunately it expired 7/13. Maybe they will do it again.
It’s a shame, too, that it’s not available in the older areas.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:44 AM

Does anyone know if it is available in Northern St. John’s ?
Old 07-21-2023, 10:06 AM

I wish we could get fiber optics for cable TV like they have up north. In New Jersey we had Fios and it was outstanding in both picture quality and dependability. Up north it was provided through Verizon. They won't make the investment in fiber wiring here. Shame.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,334 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCdaze View Post
I wish we could get fiber optics for cable TV like they have up north. In New Jersey we had Fios and it was outstanding in both picture quality and dependability. Up north it was provided through Verizon. They won't make the investment in fiber wiring here. Shame.
Verizon no longer offers FIOS.....guess they found out there wasn't enough profit.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-22-2023, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I know Quantum Fiber offers Fiber Optic internet service in homes built circa 2014 and newer in most areas of the Villages. I know they are south to Fenney but does anyone know if they offer service in Richmond, DeLuna, Newell, Middleton areas? Someone mentioned that you can get fiber optic internet service in these newer areas but it's provided by a different company?
We live in Newell and our home came fiber ready. We have Centric Fiber and are very happy with the service. It was easy to get it set up since the home came pre-wired. This is our first time with using fiber and it is the fastest internet speed that we have ever had.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:17 AM
Default T-Mobile Internet

Ater my third try finally have T-mobile internet at $50 a month. So glad I finally got away from Xfinity at $90. If you are near any of the cell towers, within a few miles, you should get a good, fast connection. I get 250mb in Santo Domingo. With Xfi I was getting 50mbs, when it was working. T-mobile has been updating all the cell service so it's finally working for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
fiber, service, areas, optic, internet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.