Emergency Vehicles At Rio Grande Pool

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Platinum member
Default Emergency Vehicles At Rio Grande Pool

Driving on Morse yesterday just prior to noon, emergency vehicle (first response type) passsed me at a really high rate of speed. We turned on to Rio Grande and another of the same type passed us. When we passed the Rio Grande pool we noticed the parking lot with a number of emergency vehicles. The two that passed us were parked on the street.

Anybody know what was happening?
Old 04-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

I seen it also, we live at the villas next to the pool. One officer was talking with a person and the recreation rep. by the gate.
A little while later the pool was emptied (it was very busy) and stayed closed till later in the evening when it was re-opened.
Last year it was closed down around Easter because a little kid crapped in the pool!............it stayed closed for a few days.
This is the first time I have seen the Recreation Dept. checking everyones I.D's........................ .maybe someone was asked to leave and caused a problem?

p.s. There were 3 Lady Lake Patrol cars and no EMS, so I can only assume it was not a medical emergency.

Last edited by otherbruddaDarrell; 04-04-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

My mistake......in todays paper it said a 9yr old boy almost drowned.
He was released from the hospital yesterday.
This happened at 11:38am.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherbruddaDarrell View Post
My mistake......in todays paper it said a 9yr old boy almost drowned.
He was released from the hospital yesterday.
This happened at 11:38am.
I saw that also. It said he was under water for two minutes. He and his family can be thankful we have a top notch rescue service.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.