Employment in The Villages

Old 01-30-2024, 02:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
In any company or business to walk into high level positions you have to be related or referred under the table. Otherwise you have to start at bottom and be proven loyal yes person if you want a do nothing job.
Where do you get that from? I have hired about 20 positions in the last 4 years, all professional, and not ONE was related or referred. Only one of them did I even have a connection - he worked at one of my suppliers and I knew the GM over there so I called for his opinion (he said hire him). Shows the importance of your reputation. However, The Villages is a corporation now, they don't operate on Related or referred and especially not "under the table". My guess is they get a lot of applications and maybe he isn't the best fit. The other thing is the position may be on hold. They often keep stuff posted and they are on hold. Never like that, but HR does it.

Seriously....
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 01-30-2024, 04:06 PM

edit by me

Last edited by Philipd411; 01-31-2024 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:11 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Posting your story here is not going to change anything. I suspect the OP already knows the answer to his "question."
Old 02-03-2024, 10:52 AM
Gold member

On your application did you give them a Twitter account the could look at? Many employers review social media posts of prospective employers.
Old 02-03-2024, 11:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It could be that they have some negative information on you. The problem is that the information maybe incorrect and be that of someone with a name similar to yours. Might ask them if they have information that is negative as you would like to make sure the information is correct and not a mistaken identity. It would be very easy to do an internet search and come to the wrong conclusions.
Old 02-03-2024, 11:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
The other thing is the position may be on hold. They often keep stuff posted and they are on hold. Never like that, but HR does it. Seriously....
This is absolutely true of HR departments that I have known. They would much rather have a stack of applications from possible employees they can interview - if & when needed, than to have nothing at all when a manager contacts them saying he needs an immediate hire.

I agree with you, this is unfair to a job seeker, hoping for work & thinking there is an actual job behind the posting, but it probably happens more than we realize. The remedy for the job seeker is to not get their hopes up & to apply to lots of jobs.

Tags
villages, wanted, calling, good, employed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.