Encouraging & Inspiring

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2023, 07:17 AM

Wonderful story! Thank you so much for making my day.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:55 AM

What a kind man Cody is. Very heartwarming to hear stories like this… Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-26-2023, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

Just a reminder for everyone, there are many newer vehicles that DON’T have a spare …. So, a can of flat tire sealer might be a wise thing to have in case of an emergency…..
Old 11-26-2023, 08:35 AM
Default I'd Like to Add to This Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Thanks for sharing that story.

Definitely a non-typical post for TOTV.
Yesterday my wife went shopping at the local Walmart. When she got back to the car she noticed that her wallet was missing from her purse. She retraced her steps, and when that didn't prove successful, she went to customer services to see if anyone had turned in a wallet. The answer was "no" and when my wife asked if they could call her if her wallet was turned in, the answer was "No, you'll have to call us." Some customer service.

So, when she arrived home and told me what had happened, you can imagine the panic that set in with both of us. After all, there were credit cards, photos, gift cards, money, her checkbook, and a multitude of other things that were too valuable to lose. We began looking up the credit card companies to cancel our cards, and the bank back home to put a stop on any checks that might be cashed.

Just as we were looking p the telephone numbers for these places, we had a knock on the door, and there standing was a big guy with a wallet in his hand. He had found it in a grocery cart and delivered it to our door. We couldn't thank him enough and tried to give him a reward, but he turned it down. I only wish we had gotten his name, but we were so happy and surprised to get it back that we didn't think to get it.

There are many good people in this world, and this man and Cody are two good examples.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:35 AM

So great to hear of these positive, kind, helpful stories! Thank you for sharing!
Old 11-26-2023, 09:44 AM
Smile Thank you for the story

[QUOTE=maggie1;2277424]Yesterday my wife went shopping at the local Walmart. When she got back to the car she noticed that her wallet was missing from her purse. She retraced her steps, and when that didn't prove successful, she went to customer services to see if anyone had turned in a wallet. The answer was "no" and when my wife asked if they could call her if her wallet was turned in, the answer was "No, you'll have to call us." Some customer service.

So, when she arrived home and told me what had happened, you can imagine the panic that set in with both of us. After all, there were credit cards, photos, gift cards, money, her checkbook, and a multitude of other things that were too valuable to lose. We began looking up the credit card companies to cancel our cards, and the bank back home to put a stop on any checks that might be cashed.

Just as we were looking p the telephone numbers for these places, we had a knock on the door, and there standing was a big guy with a wallet in his hand. He had found it in a grocery cart and delivered it to our door. We couldn't thank him enough and tried to give him a reward, but he turned it down. I only wish we had gotten his name, but we were so happy and surprised to get it back that we didn't think to get it.

There are many good people in this world, and this man and Cody are two good examples.[/QUOTE

There really are good people in this world. Sadly all we hear about on the news are the bad things. Sure wish there were more stories like these two that we could broadcast to the world to let EVERYONE know about these two very nice, honest and upstanding two gentlemen.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:51 AM

thx for sharing
Old 11-26-2023, 10:21 AM

FYI: Tesla cars do not have a spare tire! I don't believe the new Genesis cars have spares either. They also don't have CD players. If you have an older car with a spare and a CD player, keep it!
Old 11-26-2023, 12:06 PM

Since many new cars have the “run flat” tires to save on weight, I found out they are only good for 30,000 miles. I dumped them for 80,000 mile Michelin tires with a smoother ride. Kept one of the cheap tires, bought a used rim and special lug wrench and a Jack just in case. Local travel without a spare not a big issue, but going on a trip would be without a spare.
Old 11-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Hopefully someone will contact the store manager and the 7/11 franchisee and relate this story.
Old 11-26-2023, 01:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

All of the comments on this post are appropriate and complementary with the exception of one newby.
Old 11-26-2023, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
All of the comments on this post are appropriate and complementary with the exception of one newby.
And the advice on what equipment comes with which new cars.
Old 11-26-2023, 02:31 PM
Default My brother's first time visit to TV left him very impressed!

My brother just came for a week-long visit. He was VERY impressed. He witnessed several times when he appeared "lost" and people pulled over to ask if he needed help. Once a young guy offered directions to a restaurant he was looking for. Yes, there are LOTS of friendly people ready to help a stranger!
Old 11-26-2023, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
Yesterday my wife went shopping at the local Walmart. When she got back to the car she noticed that her wallet was missing from her purse. She retraced her steps, and when that didn't prove successful, she went to customer services to see if anyone had turned in a wallet. The answer was "no" and when my wife asked if they could call her if her wallet was turned in, the answer was "No, you'll have to call us." Some customer service.

There are many good people in this world, and this man and Cody are two good examples.
Indeed there is!

There is hope.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:50 PM

It is so refreshing to hear a story like this, thank you for sharing!
Closed Thread

Tags
store, tire, encouraging, night, share

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.