Encouraging & Inspiring

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2023, 10:07 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

[QUOTE=RandyLW;2277577]It is so refreshing to hear a story like this, thank you for sharing![/QUOTE
]I agree that was a refreshing story. However, you do have to use judgement in these situations. Everything may work out fine for Cody. However, we all need to evaluate need and risk. Appearance, attitude, and approach matters.
Old 11-26-2023, 11:53 PM
Platinum member

Wow !!!! Cody works at 711 and has a brand new car.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:04 AM
Default Oh, Brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
Wow !!!! Cody works at 711 and has a brand new car.
Really! Is that the best you can come up with!?
Old 11-27-2023, 09:10 AM
Post FYI - I sent your well written account to 7-11 Corp HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1436 View Post
I want to share with you something that took place at the 7 Eleven Store near Brownwood (at corner of Powell and 44A next to Shooter's World). I think it encouraging, inspiring and worthy of sharing.

So around 10:30pm last night (Thursday, 11/23) one of the store employees had just finished his shift. He name is Cody. Turns out that in the parking lot was a younger couple and an older man. Possibility father to one of the young couple. They were returning to Ocala when they had a flat tire. Not knowing the area well and with no spare they were seeking assistance about where they could get their tire repaired or replaced. Really very limited to no options at that time of night and on a holiday night.

So, what does Cody, the store employee, do? He takes the spare out of his less than a month-old new car! Yep, he lends the complete strangers his new car spare tire on a promise that they will return it! When asked why he did what he did he replied, It's the right thing to do, I'm proud of my store and I wanted to help out my customers!

I don't know about you, but I find Cody's actions and attitude, rare, refreshing and encouraging.

And, yes, in an effort to recognize and reinforce positive customer centered experiences, earlier today I did go to the store and share what had happened with the store manager.

Just wanted to share with you. We need more people with this level of character. Lots more.
FYI - I sent your well written account to 7-11 Corp HQ
Old 11-28-2023, 06:27 AM

Thank you O P for sharing. Cody is one in a million and we could use more people like him.

They say "Dance like no one is watching" for living a happy, jouous life. To add to that, society could use more of the concept of lend without expecting a return and return what is borrowed.

Glad to hear someone shared Cody's efforts with corporate. That too was a wonderful jesture. I hope Cody is recognized. Blessed are those who bless others.

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 11-28-2023 at 06:32 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
store, tire, encouraging, night, share

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.