The end is near?

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2023, 11:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

First off for the most part people renting for the month of March made their reservations a year ago. Newer house might not have been built so they have a chance to be rented March 2024. That said, if the number of renters each year does not increase but many more have houses to rent, some will not be rented. Many rent the same house every year so the newer neighborhoods might take awhile to get popular.

We bought our house almost 4 years ago but we do not rent it. I would rather not have people using my stuff. We get down 4-5 weeks a year for now.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:43 AM

I agree with the comments made by Ed - you are not going to get rich from the rental revenue. The market does seem to depend on area but that is largely due to the facilities and what people want. We have a house that is mid way between Sumter and Spanish Springs. Lots of facilities and entertainment choices. We could rent 4 or 5 times over in the Jan to Apr period. Next years renters have already asked us to keep the dates for them for several years ahead. Our summer rentals are also strong each year.
Old 01-21-2023, 05:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywatkins View Post
I agree with the comments made by Ed - you are not going to get rich from the rental revenue. The market does seem to depend on area but that is largely due to the facilities and what people want. We have a house that is mid way between Sumter and Spanish Springs. Lots of facilities and entertainment choices. We could rent 4 or 5 times over in the Jan to Apr period. Next years renters have already asked us to keep the dates for them for several years ahead. Our summer rentals are also strong each year.
The “South” is a different animal all together. There are currently over 400 family apartment style units almost completed or being erected on the corner of 466A and Powell. In addition Wildwood has a brand new development that just started breaking ground last week between the new Home Depot and Target store area that looks massive. Add in the new non Villages units on the south side of 501 and you can see many options opening up for new Floridians. What once was a limited market is now morphing into something much different. Thousands of options are changing the old school playing field. I agree with the group in saying, “You aren’t going to get rich owning rental property.” It couldn’t be more correct as the tea leaves are being revealed for the next decade. If you own a rental, now me be a good time to egress into the “Cash is king” mode.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Last edited by Normal; 01-21-2023 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
The “South” is a different animal all together. There are currently over 400 family apartment style units almost completed or being erected on the corner of 466A and Powell. In addition Wildwood has a brand new development that just started breaking ground last week between the new Home Depot and Target store area that looks massive. Add in the new non Villages units on the south side of 501 and you can see many options opening up for new Floridians. What once was a limited market is now morphing into something much different. Thousands of options are changing the old school playing field. I agree with the group in saying, “You aren’t going to get rich owning rental property.” It couldn’t be more correct as the tea leaves are being revealed for the next decade. If you own a rental, now me be a good time to egress into the “Cash is king” mode.
That’s what we did…5 of 6 were owned inside of IRAs so no capital gains either. Got out before rates rose. Worked out quite well. We’re here now as a result.
Old 01-21-2023, 07:08 AM
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
No matter what the original subject is, it usually ends up north vs south. Makes me laugh.
Lol
That is so so true. Thank you for making me laugh so hard. I guess I too am always a northern gal 🤣😘😘😘
Old 01-21-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
For fun let's project your statistics to all of TV and see if the old R square correlation exists. 4 of 12 homes are rentals = 33%. 2 of those 4 are not rented = 50% of rentals are available. TV has approximately 80000 homes. 80000 x 33% = 26400 rental homes of which 50% should be not rented, If there is correlation to the Richmond experience then 13200 Villages homes should be available for rent March 2023. Considering you found 49 homes for rent in all of The Villages homes for March it would probably be safe to conclude there is no correlation between Richmond and all of TV.

This data would seem to suggest rentals in March 2023 are in high demand and the Richmound data is not a valid sample size to draw a statistically confident conclusion from and appears to be an anomaly that is worthy of more exploration.
Wow science and economics how refreshing
Old 01-21-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrey12 View Post
That’s what we did…5 of 6 were owned inside of IRAs so no capital gains either. Got out before rates rose. Worked out quite well. We’re here now as a result.
Can you explain the capital gain issue? We have to sell before two years (hope to be back one day)! Thank you!!
Old 01-21-2023, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
Of the rental market that is. I'm staying in Richmond on a small block, in that block 4 of the 12 homes are rentals, 2 of which are rented. Today on one of the rental sites there are 49 homes for rent in March. With new rentals coming on the market every day, Ya gotta wonder if home rentals in the Villages are the soon to be crash that everyone is fearing.
One can only hope. Sorry, not the reason we moved here.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:13 AM

Inflation (daily living expenses, food, gas, insurance) and taxes will keep the rental market healthy.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:57 AM

Totally agree with you as anything South of CR-44 will never be as the original Villages was and created by "Harold Shwartz and Gary Morse". They built a community of Rec Centers, Stores, and Town Squares to attract buyers.

Shamefully now as the "Morse Clan" only wants to make even more money. No consideration at all for the purchasers of their very profitable homes.
We bought a piece of land in Feb. 2009 in the Village of "Amelia". They offered us a full year to build. This will never happen today. All enmities were up and running before we purchased them there. I went to Publix in Colony on their grand opening morning, there were 2 customers and 6 employees in the store. Havana was being finished awaiting an opening day. Mallory was open months earlier. We were told as well as there would never be any more development south of CR-466A.
Then we purchased a home under construction in Pine Hills closing in Dec. 2018 and moved from Amelia. Again we were told by the cloned Village Salesperson that they (the Morse clan) have no desire to build South of CR-44.
South of CR-44 I believe there they still have only one Publix to serve how many thousands of people. Why don't people realize what actually is going on with new home sales in "The villages"?
When the "Village of Fenny" was opened for sale people bought. A few short months later you see homes go on the market for resale as there were no attractions for these purchasers. They needed to drive up to The Original Villages North of CR-44 for something to do.
We moved out of The Villages in August of 2020 as it was getting too crowded anywhere we went due to the wanted lack of places for the new purchasers South of CR-44 to do by the "Money Hungry Morse Clan".
From what I have read on this site I can see we made the right move out of" The Villages" in 2020. Wish all home purchasers South of CR-44 the best of luck awaiting the creation of "Shopping, "Town Square", and enough Recreation Centers for everyone's convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
There has always been one truism in the world of real estate. It's always about "location".

Comparing Richmond and points South in The Villages, is an entire different world than the more traditional areas of TV. The South is not the same and never will be.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrey12 View Post
I'm interested in your experience, can you expand on how you purchased homes here from within your IRA's?
Thanks!
Old 01-21-2023, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter123 View Post
Wow science and economics how refreshing
Don't forget....The conclusion is only as good as the data....Liars figure, and figures lie.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Totally agree with you as anything South of CR-44 will never be as the original Villages was and created by "Harold Shwartz and Gary Morse". They built a community of Rec Centers, Stores, and Town Squares to attract buyers.

Shamefully now as the "Morse Clan" only wants to make even more money. No consideration at all for the purchasers of their very profitable homes.
We bought a piece of land in Feb. 2009 in the Village of "Amelia". They offered us a full year to build. This will never happen today. All enmities were up and running before we purchased them there. I went to Publix in Colony on their grand opening morning, there were 2 customers and 6 employees in the store. Havana was being finished awaiting an opening day. Mallory was open months earlier. We were told as well as there would never be any more development south of CR-466A.
Then we purchased a home under construction in Pine Hills closing in Dec. 2018 and moved from Amelia. Again we were told by the cloned Village Salesperson that they (the Morse clan) have no desire to build South of CR-44.
South of CR-44 I believe there they still have only one Publix to serve how many thousands of people. Why don't people realize what actually is going on with new home sales in "The villages"?
When the "Village of Fenny" was opened for sale people bought. A few short months later you see homes go on the market for resale as there were no attractions for these purchasers. They needed to drive up to The Original Villages North of CR-44 for something to do.
We moved out of The Villages in August of 2020 as it was getting too crowded anywhere we went due to the wanted lack of places for the new purchasers South of CR-44 to do by the "Money Hungry Morse Clan".
From what I have read on this site I can see we made the right move out of" The Villages" in 2020. Wish all home purchasers South of CR-44 the best of luck awaiting the creation of "Shopping, "Town Square", and enough Recreation Centers for everyone's convenience.
I remember being told by my realtor, in 2008, "The amenity fee will cap off at $155/month". Also, "Once the building reaches 466A, that will be the end of new homes". I honestly feel lied to at times. And when the movie theaters didn't re-open (and looks like they will never reopen), I feel cheated. I also feel like the Morse "kids" are forgetting Harold Schwartz's purpose for building The Villages. I recently met a few "oldtimers" who knew Mr. Schwartz. They said he would be rolling in his grave if he were able to see what this place has become. Apartments, condos, housing units going up all over the area . . . it's really getting to be too much! JMHO.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:41 AM

Not sure how they think they are going to make $$ if they have a mortgage. I am a landlord and I wish we had rules about the age demographic and time line people can rent for. I am totally against quick turn arounds (1week or less). I think to keep the Villages in tact there should be rules the full time residents don't have to put up with strangers next to them every week. We are becoming a Disney Vacation Club otherwise and the majority of folks living here can't be for that.
Old 01-21-2023, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,911 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrens1 View Post
I'm interested in your experience, can you expand on how you purchased homes here from within your IRA's?
Thanks!
You need a really good lawyer / accounting firm to get the purchase $ and the title in the correct legal location, and then all good!

its pretty amazing what good lawyers and accountants can do to create favorable tax situations. What they can't do is pick a good property for you and manage the properties well. . they aren't operational strategists by trade. .
Closed Thread

Tags
rentals, block, homes, market, rental

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.