The Enrichment Academy: Better to signup in person or online?

Old 03-20-2024, 02:12 PM
Smile The Enrichment Academy: Better to signup in person or online?

Being a Newbie here at the Villages, I began to try to sign up for a number of clubs. Most of them have a wait list of 6 months or more. Just received the Enrichment Academy catalog where it states registration begins next Monday. There are number of classes I am interested in jumping on, many of them are one day only. I've already resigned to the fact I probably won't get into many of them, but figured I would at least try! Is it better to show up in person at 8:30 when registration starts, or better to be online ready to sign up, like you are buying Taylor Swift tickets.. Does it help to contact the instructor ahead of time or is that just being obnoxious?

Thanks! Back to my filling in wait list forms...are there any interesting clubs that DO have openings? (I'm interested in cooking, any type of arts, and beginning pickleball)
Old 03-20-2024, 03:11 PM

Personally speaking, I’d sign up online the first day registration begins as some classes fill quickly. Having done so many times myself, you should find it the easiest way.
Old 03-20-2024, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesandPat View Post
Being a Newbie here at the Villages, I began to try to sign up for a number of clubs. Most of them have a wait list of 6 months or more. Just received the Enrichment Academy catalog where it states registration begins next Monday. There are number of classes I am interested in jumping on, many of them are one day only. I've already resigned to the fact I probably won't get into many of them, but figured I would at least try! Is it better to show up in person at 8:30 when registration starts, or better to be online ready to sign up, like you are buying Taylor Swift tickets.. Does it help to contact the instructor ahead of time or is that just being obnoxious?

Thanks! Back to my filling in wait list forms...are there any interesting clubs that DO have openings? (I'm interested in cooking, any type of arts, and beginning pickleball)
Sign up online; the Enrichment Academy is different than the clubs that you have tried to join. I was frustrated, too when I was turned away from several 'full' quilting clubs; I had always belonged to activities that wanted members. Don't be discouraged; the Enrichment Academy classes are limited so no getting there an hour early to wait in line or put your yoga mat out to defend your space. Depending on where you live, newer rec centers have the space for new clubs to start up. I enjoyed the Villages Cooking School class at Sawgrass; I took a fused glass introductory class (necessary to sign up for Glass Fusion clubs) from a business called Kiss My Glass that is off Rolling Acres Road. Enjoy!
Old 03-21-2024, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake57 View Post
Sign up online; the Enrichment Academy is different than the clubs that you have tried to join. I was frustrated, too when I was turned away from several 'full' quilting clubs; I had always belonged to activities that wanted members. Don't be discouraged; the Enrichment Academy classes are limited so no getting there an hour early to wait in line or put your yoga mat out to defend your space. Depending on where you live, newer rec centers have the space for new clubs to start up. I enjoyed the Villages Cooking School class at Sawgrass; I took a fused glass introductory class (necessary to sign up for Glass Fusion clubs) from a business called Kiss My Glass that is off Rolling Acres Road. Enjoy!
Tell me about it with these clubs! I'm also a quilter and couldn't find any openings. I sold so much of my sewing stuff when i moved i was hoping to find good resources here. One of the clubs that I won't
name were such snobs I didn't even sign a waitlist! Haha.
I'm looking forward to classes to hopefully meet people as well!

Tags
registration, interested, list, enrichment, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.