Entertainment at the squares and opening of the pools.

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Polo is re-opening

The Villages Polo Club
Would love to see a match but thinking it would be better to go with someone understand it and can explain as needed. Hard to do with social distancing.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I have been told by a rec center manager that things should be "loosening up" in October.

Right we can meet with a maximum of 15 people. We cannot reserve a room but we can walk in with 15 people or less and use a room. I was told to expect that a lot more people would be allowed beginning in October.

There was a thread on this site stating that the the entertainment in the squares will resume on Oct 5. Many people have evidently heard the same thing.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry8bal View Post
You might as well stay where you are. Rec Centers are not open for indoor activities except a limited number of people who can play billiards but that's it. No leagues or organized groups are allowed as yet and Resident Lifestyle Group Leaders will be contacted later on when they decide to open things up. No word for now on anything.
Not true. Lifestyle clubs can meets as long as they have a maximum of 15 people. We cannot reserve rooms but we can walk in with 15 people or less. I know of at least two clubs that are meeting at their regular time each week with no problems.

Pools are open and billiard rooms have a restriction of a number equal to two people per table but I've seen that being broken.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
entertainment, pools, update, open, centers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.