Entitled jerks

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2022, 02:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I’d be petrified about winding up in the ER of the Villages hospital.
Winding up in the village hospital would be petrified for anyone.
Old 12-01-2022, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I had the EXACT same experience this morning (Tuesday), near the Atlas Canine Park (before it opened). Some lady gave me some crap, when I politely mentioned that unleashed dogs were not allowed. I gave it right back to her in spades, took her photo and called Community Watch. Community Watch told me to call Lake County Police Department, but if I didn't have the woman's name and address, there's nothing they could do. I later called the District Office, who told me to call the nearby Rec Center.

The rules are only for *some* people, apparently not for everyone.
As far as needing a name and address, if someone angered you enough and you felt that you could do it safely.........maybe follow them to their car and get a picture of their license plate? (if they came there by car)
Old 12-01-2022, 03:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonip View Post
Got a guy in my neighborhood that doesn’t leash up. Saw his dog scare the hell out of some gal walking her dog. Saw this guy out one day when community watch drove by. I stopped him and he told me he can’t do anything. Call wildwood police
If all that Community Watch is good for is writing up people's lawns for having too many weeds, then maybe they should be disbanded and their budget put to better use using Community DRONES. Community Watch often seems to me to be "impotent and useless".
Old 12-01-2022, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikehike View Post
This might be unpopular but the only reason you spoke to the stranger was to protect your scared dog. Maybe don't take the dog to a crowded place so she is ok. People that don't use leashes are going to be loud and proud about it and you are not going to change their minds. They could probably tell that you were concerned by the way you picked up your dog to protect her.
That is like taking the side of the person doing the WRONG thing.......allowing loose dogs. Rules NOT followed are a slippery slope toward a lower standard of life in The Villages. The people controlling their dogs should not have to change their behavior for the people NOT controlling their dogs. I remember seeing a lady whose dog was literally walking her. The dog was on a long (20ft ) leash and wrapped it around a tree. The lady had zero control of the 30lb animal. A few feet later I watched the dog BITE a man for absolutely NO reason.

Off-leash dogs can definitely be dangerous. Their owners should be fined heavily!
Old 12-01-2022, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Why did you feel entitles to say something? Are you the Villages police? Do you think he didn't know there is a leash law?

You could have kept on walking and not said anything and minded your own business but you didn't and then got upset at his reaction. Just keep on walkingnext time and don't worry about what someone else is doing.
I have problems agreeing with that attitude.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

And I call "DIBS" on the phrase "Entitled Jerks"...

I'm going to use it for my next band name...

If that doesn't pan out, I'm going with "The Greedy Developers"...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-01-2022, 04:18 PM
TOTV Moderator

Good grief…… Again.

Closed Thread

Tags
leash, dogs, entitled, dog, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.