Episodes in Golfcarting

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Default Episodes in Golfcarting

The whole move down here has gone so smooth but I think I do need to say that golfcarting has been a challenge. 1st it started off with the gas cart at our rental. It died twice and in the shop a week at a time the 1st month we were there. Lucky for us (actually for me since I was the one mainly using it at the time) they were both short distance trips in the early day. But now we are onto our "New-To-Us" electric golfcart and further distances to travel.
I think it was early last week when we were finally settled down in our new home enough that we felt we could go for a leisurely family outing one evening. We thought we'd go to Sweet Bay and grocery shop. 2 miles from home and the sun had already set and the cart...well, what rhymes with cart? The cart yarted on us. Just one big yart and stopped. Yart. Kaput. People came to our rescue, many stopped to see if they thought they could help, some just wanted to say how theirs yarted once. But $50 later, we were towed home and the cart exchanged the next morning by Jim Fallowell and his son, both who are very nice and responsive (who we bought the cart from).
Yesterday we got the cart back, charged it up as instructed, off we go because Dan is a happy camper to have his electric cart back, off on a romantic evening to LSL. And again...YART! Same thing as before. Immediately, right behind us is a gentleman who says: "Where do you live? I'll tow you home!" And he did. And how nice. And Jim F is sorry and will make right tomorrow, on Thanksgiving Day. What this long drawnout story is all about is about how wonderful people are, how helpful and kind. We have most everything going so well for us except this one piece, important, yes, but we know it will eventually get worked out. But all through this, people have been so nice and so helpful and I'm just thankful that it's this way. And if anyone was at the Stillwater intersection where this couple was trying to figure out how to get to the other side of the road and made an illegal turn and got yelled at by some motorists, I apologize. We'll hopefully never do it again, but I can't make any promises.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Sage

So sorry to hear you've had the dreaded cart-yarting experience!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Sage

Oh Scrapple,

Sorry to hear of your misadventures. I applaud you for seeing the silver lining-- all the good folks in TV who were eager to lend a hand.

Here's hoping the yarts are behind you!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Glad you've found the plus to having a sick cart in TV. If nothing else, TV really does restore your faith in the good in people, doesn't it? It's amazing how many will happily go out of their way to help you.

Jim always said he hates electric carts cause they cause too many problems. Now, he'll just say he was right the next time I see him. roflao Hope he figures out the problem. Knowing Jim, he'll do everything humanly possible to get it fixed right for you.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

When we first bought our older, used golfcart we wanted to use is as much as possible to run our errands as it was so much fun. We left early in the day shortly after it was delivered and traveled all over TV going out to WalMart and back and forth, here and there. Later in the afternoon we were out by Fresh Market and it seemed to be lugging down and the gauge showed that we didn't have alot of power. (it's electric) so we crossed our fingers and hoped for the best. We "limped" into Sumter Landing and rolled to a stop quite literally at the golf cart store. But alas they couldn't help us...wrong brand of cart. So we called a friend and they towed us home. We found out that while it had been charged before delivery AND we had plugged it in too...the thing didn't have a full-capacity charge and that's why the trouble. That was a year and a half ago and we've not had any issues with it since. Secret is to plug it in after every trip, I think. We purchased a new 2nd cart (also electric) and it's been great! We thought we wanted to purchase a gas cart but all the places (NOT TV dealer) we stopped at discouraged us from doing so....and we shopped at several places. Can't give you the reasons now off the top of my head.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Default electric carts are so nice and quiet

But then when they break down, oh boy ! We rented a 4 seater from Jim about two weeks ago when kids were here, it was fabulous, renting again in two weeks when other kids will be here. We own an electric but I was very impressed with the gas 4 seater. May just buy a gas one next time.
BTW, I met you all at Crispers and miss having scrapple for breakfast Thanksgiving morning !!!
Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Scrapple, I love your writing style and enjoy hearing of your adventures even it had to include yarting.

I knew when I met you that your sweet disposition would make you a perfect fit for this lovely place, just as I am sure it has for your whole life.

Happy Thanksgiving Sweetie!
Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Sage

scrapple - Sorry to hear of your cart mis-adventures. But Jim's a good guy and he'll make things right!

Same as you, we've found it very refreshing to see how nice people are in TV. Never any shortage of great people!

Bill
Old 11-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Sage

scrapple:

Sorry to hear your electric cart had a gas problem, (yarted).

It's nice to hear of the many people who were nice to you. It reaffirms one's belief that people are nice. There are so many of them in TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.