Epitome of some Villagers entitled attitude

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Default Epitome of some Villagers entitled attitude

I was approaching a gate exit. A golf cart on my right also was approaching his STOP sign at the road, to cross the gate exit/entrance. Noticing that he seemed to be going too fast, I slowed considerably, as he continued through the stop sign (ignoring it) in front of me. As he went by, I beeped the horn quickly. He looked at me and "threw the bird".

Maybe he thought he deserved special treatment?????
Old 08-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Sage

Nope....he was just displaying his I.Q. It always amazes me to observe folks doing this gesture---especially when they could have been road kill OR have broken the traffic laws....or both.

As my significant other might say..."maybe I should just hit him and teach him a lesson!"! BUT that would take things to a whole other level.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Unfortunately stopping for stop signs is disregarded a lot. In fact since we tend to be a older community and reaction time maybe slowing or sight a little off we all should be extra careful when we drive and certainty stop at stop signs.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,797 Times in 3,658 Posts

Stop Signs are suggestions.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Apparently some people think stop signs and even street lights are "just a suggestion".

And you can't help but wonder how they feel about those other things like commandments.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,797 Times in 3,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Apparently some people think stop signs and even street lights are "just a suggestion".

And you can't help but wonder how they feel about those other things like commandments.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:09 AM
Sage

Some day he and or some of his passengers will prove that Darwin was right
Old 08-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Veteran member

ok I'm gonna **** off some of you.. entitlement goes both ways.. i have stopped many times when a gate is lifting and the car goes thru i then proceed and attempt to cross only to see a second vehicle race thru under the gate.. and yes I have given them the 1 finger salute.. I have also crossed over after a vehicle passed thru and noticed that the gate only got 1/2 down and then raised again with another car coming thru.. EVERYONE needs to slow down
Old 08-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
ok I'm gonna **** off some of you.. entitlement goes both ways.. i have stopped many times when a gate is lifting and the car goes thru i then proceed and attempt to cross only to see a second vehicle race thru under the gate.. and yes I have given them the 1 finger salute.. I have also crossed over after a vehicle passed thru and noticed that the gate only got 1/2 down and then raised again with another car coming thru.. EVERYONE needs to slow down

Help me understand, if you are at a stop sign waiting to cross, shouldn't you yield to all oncoming traffic before proceeding?

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 08-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
I know you and you are a great guy. However, I know tons of people in their lives who have NEVER given that one finger salute to a stranger. We kid around in our family and with our friends.....but I can't recall ever flipping someone off I didn't know. I HAVE thought about it...……….

I think it is geographical.

P.S. I might have said "and your horsey" under my breath......
Old 08-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 385 Posts

If they can’t read the stop sign hit them

Bet they will learn their lesson!!!

I find many who regularly use a golf cart do not drive it with the utmost diligence. It amazes me there aren’t more accidents
Old 08-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

I noticed on Odell circle near Lake Miona Rec center the exiting gate was down, temporarily replace by a stop sign. I saw 10 cars go through the stop sign leaving Sunset Pointe without even slowing. I suspect all 10 of those drivers have a fit when a bike or cart slows at a stop sign without stopping totally.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Nope....he was just displaying his I.Q. It always amazes me to observe folks doing this gesture---especially when they could have been road kill OR have broken the traffic laws....or both.

As my significant other might say..."maybe I should just hit him and teach him a lesson!"! BUT that would take things to a whole other level.
Reminds me of a friend who got tired of the driver tailing very closely. She hit on the brakes to teach him a lesson. Sure enough, he hit her, breaking one of her ankles and driving up her insurance premiums sky high.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Some day he and or some of his passengers will prove that Darwin was right
You are correct sir. As I see these actions on a daily basis, I wonder if today will be the day I have to dial 911 for some bone head ?
Old 08-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know you and you are a great guy. However, I know tons of people in their lives who have NEVER given that one finger salute to a stranger. We kid around in our family and with our friends.....but I can't recall ever flipping someone off I didn't know. I HAVE thought about it...……….

I think it is geographical.

P.S. I might have said "and your horsey" under my breath......
No, I think it's digital! (sorry...)
As far as yielding to all oncoming traffic, I think the gate comes down, giving the golf cart access to cross in front of the gate. If there is someone tailgating the car in front going through the gate, that driver is in the wrong, not the golf cart driver. The sign says the gate closes after every car. Or something to that effect.

I may have to get a golf cart someday when we switch to a CYV. It's scary.

Tags
gate, approaching, sign, stop, continued

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.