Even when surrounded by paradise there can still be warts.

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 07:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Most people wake up every day looking to make the day the best it can be and thankful for all the good things they have. Others wake up every day looking for things to be unhappy about and to complain about. You can see that out here by reading what villagers have to say. It really does come down to choice and self speak. It’s not about drinking the Kool-Aid every day as some negative people out here would have you believe! Choose happiness!
Agreed!!!
Old 10-01-2020, 07:29 AM

Before we retired, we spent 15 years traveling to various retirement destinations across the US in our motor home. We had a really good idea of what we wanted, how we wanted to live, what was important, what the “nice to haves” were, etc. We contemplated a dozen areas and one-by-one, they were eliminated, mostly because the number of activities were limited. The Villages remained on the list for all 15 years and here we are. What we learned throughout our travels is that you will see the same kinds of people, the same kind of judgements, the same pros and cons, no matter where you go. The Villages however, provides an environment and enough room to make life exactly what you want it to be. We have been here 4 years now and our lives are exactly what we wanted it to be and we choose very carefully who and what we allow into our space.

So, bottom line is, nirvana does not exist anywhere until you make it happen. Be well, be happy, be kind.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Life is good.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
Before we retired, we spent 15 years traveling to various retirement destinations across the US in our motor home. We had a really good idea of what we wanted, how we wanted to live, what was important, what the “nice to haves” were, etc. We contemplated a dozen areas and one-by-one, they were eliminated, mostly because the number of activities were limited. The Villages remained on the list for all 15 years and here we are. What we learned throughout our travels is that you will see the same kinds of people, the same kind of judgements, the same pros and cons, no matter where you go. The Villages however, provides an environment and enough room to make life exactly what you want it to be. We have been here 4 years now and our lives are exactly what we wanted it to be and we choose very carefully who and what we allow into our space.

So, bottom line is, nirvana does not exist anywhere until you make it happen. Be well, be happy, be kind.
Thank you - well said...
Old 10-01-2020, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default The best post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion st croix View Post
if one does not visit this forum and does not read the online news, they will not even be aware of any warts.
ever
Old 10-01-2020, 08:38 AM

I have been here for 5 years and yes it’s changing...but not like the rest of the country. It is just a house- just a county —new state with their problems.. but if I didn’t have the group of wonderful friends.. like I’ve known them forever ... line dancing -laughing -going away together, it would not be that final place I would choose to live. It’s the people not the place that make you happy!!!
Old 10-01-2020, 09:36 AM
SUENRAN
Default So very well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
I read about everything written here and elsewhere about TV because it is my goal to live and be a part of it. There are some changes going on in and around TV because where there is a general success some will seek to improve and others to profit. What is guaranteed is that things will change. Your dream home you bought five years ago has lost it's shine so the new one looks better etc. TV is an incredible place and no matter where I settle into it I will try to remember how special it looks each time I visit. The one thing that anyone who has not visited cannot realize is the size, scope and infrastructure. Warts are going to occur through failed ideas but I hope like has been the history of TV that as it grows some warts are removed keeping their numbers very small overall. Enjoy your day!
So very well said and so true. TV is a great place to live....enjoy! I feel sorry for those that have a daily axe to grind.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:55 AM

Wood shutters should do it, even if they’re not real wood.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:10 AM
Default Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
One thing that surprise almost all new visitors is the size of The Villages. Currently, measured from north to south, roughly from CR 42 to the area where new development is underway, The Villages is approximately 33 miles “long”. As a comparison the City of Chicago is 27.9 miles from it’s border with Evanston to borders with far south suburbs. When one factors in the average speed of a golf cart, navigation thru tunnels, stops, etc., one can properly conclude that accessing amenities, shopping, etc. all over The Villages really isn’t practical. Choosing where you want to live in The Villages is an important consideration.

While there haven’t been many “warts” in the fifteen years we’ve lived here, times may be changing. The Morse family is now in its fourth generation of managing the development. The original contractors, designers, architects, department heads, etc. are also moving on to new generations of people with different experience, skills and personal objectives.

The Morse family and their objectives are something that may be changing as well and should be considered. The first two generations, Harold Schwartz and Gary Morse, represented single CEO’s who “ran the show”. The objectives even into the third generation, the three siblings who currently are in charge, didn’t seem to change much. But they’re approaching retirement age and a much larger number of fourth generation family members are assuming key roles. There are other family members who don’t have the interest or skills to be involved. Yet presumably they all will need to be “taken care of” financially and in the rights if ownership of the business. Combined with the fact that the sheer size of the residential and commercial development business suggests that there will be changes in management style and objectives. Again, the sheer size of the business suggests that the owner-resident relationship will have to change.

Other than the current kerfluffle regarding apartment development, one can’t assert that there have been major changes in the management of the enterprise. But for those considering living here for the next fifteen years, they probably should anticipate that the future isn’t likely to be like the past.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Default Glass half full

[QUOTE=Craig Vernon;1840894]I read about everything written here and elsewhere about TV because it is my goal to live and be a part of it. There are some changes going on in and around TV because where there is a general success some will seek to improve and others to profit. What is guaranteed is that things will change. Your dream home you bought five years ago has lost it's shine so the new one looks better etc. TV is an incredible place and no matter where I settle into it I will try to remember how special it looks each time I visit. The one thing that anyone who has not visited cannot realize is the size, scope and infrastructure. Warts are going to occur through failed ideas but I hope like has been the history of TV that as it grows some warts are removed keeping their numbers very small overall. Enjoy your day![/QUOT

You sir are a person who looks at things with a glass 🥃 half-full! Thank you! Me too! My wife and I are so very grateful every day here in The Villages! She & I have 1 chapter left in our lives. Only GOD knows how long this chapter will last! We try our hardest to make the best of TODAY. It is the only day that really matters!
Old 10-02-2020, 06:19 AM

Thank you all for the incredible responses. I love when Villagers share your lifestyle , background and experience(s). You folks are the TV. Just a final point very few are angry or complaining about the whole most are individual issues which means TV is still doing most things the correct way. Have a Great Day!

Tags
warts, thing, visit, time, special

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.