Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 10:56 AM

You are right, my wife will not "authorize" the card. That is not the real point here though. The real point is that I AM a villages resident, and the amenities are being paid, but they will not allow me to use TV amenities. This seems to be a breach of contract.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Why dont you ask your attorney to go into court and get a temporary order that your wife sign for the ID card. I believe such things can be done while a divorce is pending.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Gold member

gage404, I was about to say the same thing. A simple phone call between opposing divorce lawyers will sometimes be enough to get an unreasonable spouse to do the right thing. It worked for me once.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadawayj View Post
You are right, my wife will not "authorize" the card. That is not the real point here though. The real point is that I AM a villages resident, and the amenities are being paid, but they will not allow me to use TV amenities. This seems to be a breach of contract.
Sadly, if you're not on title, you're deemed a guest. It is a sad and frustrating situation for you. But I don't see it as a breach of contract by TV.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:12 PM

According to them I cannot even get a guest card since I have a Lake County address. As I mentioned earlier, all of their advertisements state that "residents" can enjoy all of the amenities. It does not say you have to be an owner, just a resident. I would stop paying the amenities fees, but the water bill is attached to them so they have me there too. Right now I am looking into legal action against them for breach of contract.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

hadaway .. According to their records, your wife is the resident and has the ID card to prove it. Unless she turns in her card, you cannot get a resident card since you're not on the deed.

There is no breach of contract since she has the right to use all facilities. The fact that you live there or pay the amenity fees is irrelevant. I know of instances where children actually own the home their parents live in even though the parents are paying all amenities, utilities, etc. The parents have no rights although they are the residents of TV. The children have turned in their ID cards so the parents can use all facilities. If the kids choose to revoke that privilege they can.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-07-2011, 05:01 PM

They have asked for and verified that I am a resident and they are aware that my wife lives in another state and not at the residence in TV. I do respect your opinion, but I think it should be decided by the Court. When they advertise that TV residents have the use of certain amenities then they should stand behind what they advertise.

Definition:

Residency (domicile), the act of establishing or maintaining a residence in a given place.

It just seems to me that there are two different issues here. One is ownership and one is residence. If TV gov. wants to say ownership qualifies you to the amenities then they should say that in their advertisements.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Default Love the Villages

I love The Villages what I don't like is some of the People THe ones Who don't stop for stop signs Who reserve seats at the Town Squares hours before they get there I thought we were ADULTS not CHILDREN
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 09-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Sage

One of my golf foursome does not have his name on the deed to his house. The house is deeded only to his wife. (Something about tax purposes) The man does not have a green Villages ID card but he has a blue Villages ID card. He says The Villages verifies each year that he is living in the house with his wife. However, with the blue Villages ID card, he is afforded all the Villages privileges.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Default Something to get used to...

My husband and I love it here and keep waiting for the "vacation" to end. Since the pros outnumber the cons, the forthcoming annoyance is tolerable. For four-five months out of the year, the permanent residents have to tolerate the crowded cart paths, the clogged highways, the long waits in restaurants, the higher prices, risk your life drivng thru a round-about, unavailable tee times, filled classes and the like when the seasonal residents return to TV. However, the pro side of this is welcoming back the neighbors we've missed, driveway parties are planned, more in-home dinner parties, potlucks and whatnot, earlier tee times, more class times to choose from, errands are run before 10:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m., and the freezer is stocked before the prices get raised. We have learned to adjust our schedules and our budgets during those months.
But we still wouldn't live anywhere else!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjcschaich View Post
My husband and I love it here and keep waiting for the "vacation" to end. Since the pros outnumber the cons, the forthcoming annoyance is tolerable. For four-five months out of the year, the permanent residents have to tolerate the crowded cart paths, the clogged highways, the long waits in restaurants, the higher prices, risk your life drivng thru a round-about, unavailable tee times, filled classes and the like when the seasonal residents return to TV. However, the pro side of this is welcoming back the neighbors we've missed, driveway parties are planned, more in-home dinner parties, potlucks and whatnot, earlier tee times, more class times to choose from, errands are run before 10:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m., and the freezer is stocked before the prices get raised. We have learned to adjust our schedules and our budgets during those months.
But we still wouldn't live anywhere else!
So what you are saying basically is in TV we need to prepare for higher prices, crazy drivers,and maybe hanging out around home a bit more if one doesn't like crowds, but get to enjoy sunny weather. While here up north we make preparations for winter weather by stocking up on snow shovels and ice melt before the prices go up when the demand is highest, we get prepared encounter crazy people on the icy and snowy roads who have forgotten how to drive on winter roads, and we prepare to be house bound at least once due to ice or snow. Seems like a good trade of cons.....I can't wait!

Suzanne
Old 09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr
Red face Dislikes

As an x-realtor - you might consider staying away from the "water treatment plant areas" eg - Alhambra, Liberty Park, etc. The only other negative I hear from others is the inappropriate way folks drive around the "traffic circles."......doesn't bother me........
Old 09-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Gold member
Default TV

10 years ago the Mc Mansions were " IN" and if you didn't have 1.5 acres to mow well shame on you.

Then Gas went up! And our home 8 miles from the nearest school and our Village, not to mention 30 miles form The city became a liability not a asset.

So Trish I'm with you I enjoy the TV sense of community and have been there done that on the old estate.

Just wish the bath I took to sell our home didn't hurt so bad. I can't wait to only scrap off a iced windshield vs snowblowing three feet of snow twice a Day!

Or just sleep in an wait for it to melt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
I live in a neighborhood in Michigan right now that has many, many different styles of homes...each on beautiful, green, treed acreage..Only problem is, I NEVER see a single neighbor!! If they are ever outside, they are in their backyards. One of the many things that I loved about TV was the fact that, finally, I could be in a real neighborhood. Some people don't like living close to others and that is fine..don't. If you look at most of the subdivisions in the country and then take in the townhouses in the cities and the condos, you will find that TV is not the only homogenous place around...many people live in much closer quarters than you find in TV. If the landscaping is duplicated it's usually because it is beautiful to look at! Personally, I can't wait to get there!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
Other than Jan and the people dealing with the train noise (Chatham) Are there any other villages we should stay away from and why? :dontknow:
Larry & Bev!
As someone said, every place has some good and bad features. I used to live in the historic section (east of 441) on East Schwartz Blvd. Every morning there were a lot of contractors (builders, landscapers, lawncare people etc.) speeding through to get to their jobs. I found it to be annoying at times.

Now I live on a street that is a loop (no through traffic) and it's very peaceful.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadawayj View Post
They have asked for and verified that I am a resident and they are aware that my wife lives in another state and not at the residence in TV. I do respect your opinion, but I think it should be decided by the Court. When they advertise that TV residents have the use of certain amenities then they should stand behind what they advertise.

Definition:

Residency (domicile), the act of establishing or maintaining a residence in a given place.

It just seems to me that there are two different issues here. One is ownership and one is residence. If TV gov. wants to say ownership qualifies you to the amenities then they should say that in their advertisements.
Wow --Sounds like this is an issue between you and your soon-to-be ex-wife rather than an issue between you and TV. Divorce often brings out the unreasonableness in people --been there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.