Is Everybody in TV Super Active?

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2021, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
I think the real estate in the villages is higher because of access to all these activities. If you do not plan to use any of them, you can purchase a lower priced house outside the villages.
I like tooling around on a golf cart everywhere. That alone is worth the extra $159/month.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Hell no, I sit at home, drive the cart, hit up a pool and hit up the town squares now and again. That is about it for me.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:53 PM

The number one determinant of happiness in retirement is the quality of personal relationships. I have known a number of people who moved away from The Villages. To me, that seems inexplicable, but in each case, the person leaving did not develop a supportive group of new friends. So, the real factor to look at is not how active the person is, but how open to new friends, and new activities. If your friend just stays at home, it is probably better to stay at home where they lived and retired, because there, they have that support structure around. Moving here, a person HAS to develop new friends and interests, or one is isolated.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

They can watch TV up north. They’ll soon tire of entertainment and crowds of people on the squares. They’d be paying a premium for the benefits of living in The Villages without using them. They’d be better off living just outside TV and coming in to the squares as often as they’d like. Much more ‘bang for the buck’ buying outside if you don’t intend to participate.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
…They’ll soon tire of entertainment and crowds of people on the squares….
Not sure how you come to such a presumptive conclusion. We’re probably not that active overall compared to some, but we never tire of going to the squares.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:14 AM
Default Activity -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
I have a friend who is considering moving to TV. I've answered a lot of his questions the best I can, but he asked me one that I realized I'm not really sure about. So I'm gonna ask it here. I've been here a few years and I'm reasonably active. But I hadn't really thought about how my activity level compares to others. And that is what my friend's question relates to.

He wants to know if people who are relative home-bodies have a place in TV. He says he and his wife will likely enjoy the squares entertainment regularly and some other Villages features, but they may not partake in that many clubs, sports, or other similar Villages attractions. He asked whether that might be an issue in any way. I told him of course that TV is very friendly and they should be just fine. But that got me to thinking about something now I find myself wondering about...

I wonder what the breakdown is between the various levels of activity of Villages residents. There are of course those folks who are super active and busy constantly. But I'm sure there are some folks like my friends who are spend quite a bit of time at home. Then there are all the levels in between.

Anyway, just food for thought. I would love to get ToTV input to share with my friends. I would particularly like to hear from those folks who are more home-bodies. How has your experience in TV been?
with about 4000 clubs to consider, there is something for everyone and you are in charge of how busy you want to be
Old 06-25-2021, 02:35 PM

If the choose to be homeboys they can. The good thing is that at minimum they can do that in nice weather. Maybe just maybe they can and will find a club each can join for non physical things to do. Card playing etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
folks, active, villages, friends, activity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.