Fair 53 26.50%
Better than Fair 27 13.50%
Excellent 8 4.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
Do you have any idea how much money comes from our pockets to maintain the executive courses.
No, do you?
Old 04-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Sage

You can probably find on-line the breakdown of where the amenities fee goes. If not, you can call the rec department and they can probably help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
Do you have any idea how much money comes from our pockets to maintain the executive courses.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage

However, the reason for the conditions is the OP"S opinion ONLY. Not much fact there at all.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island57 View Post
I see golfers abusing the courses daily. Parking on or beside greens driving all over fairways hacking up chunks of grass at T off. Cigarettes everywhere, garbage. I guess they feel entitled. Maybe their moms are going to clean up after them.
The maintenance folks are doing the best job they can considering the epic scale of work they are doing.
This is a busy place to live. Considering the zillions of golfers golfing, I’d say it isn’t half bad.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:37 PM

I play at least twice maybe three times a week, Some of the executive courses, show a lot of wear and abuse, I realize that during the winter there is much more activity, than normal with all the snowbirds, visitor's etc. , I have seen many types of Golfers, to those who do not fill in their divets, who take their golf carts on the wet muddy areas when it is posted no carts, they delay those behind them by playing from the wrong tee box. (vanity don't play from the black when you can hit a drive 100 yds.) Throw cigarette butts on the green. Abuse, and attitude of disregard of golf etiquette, and care of the course. I cannot blame all on the maintenance, Yes, they have disregard of the golfers sometimes and I have approached them and told them of their errors, I have also informed the ambassador, if a maintenance person has obstructed play. I truly feel if they set up a rotation schedule schedule for the courses if would allow time for recovery, You can play 9 holes on championship, however most are to cheap to pay the price, they want what they call free Golf HA HA I love my Golf life, I respect the courses, and I play ready Golf, all who come to play Golf should take a course prior to playing as to what Ready Golf is.and respect of the game. I am not a snowbird, but a frog, no disrespect, to those who visit, but please respect us who suffer from you abuse.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

As in a lot of things these days, the bar has been steadily lowered to the point where once what would have been considered unacceptable and outside of norms by ANY reasonable person...is now accepted (and almost expected) by some folks.

This poll (with a current 198 voters) shows 56% consider the conditions "poor"...and another 26% as only "fair."

So in other words, 82% of the voters think the conditions...are at best "fair to poor."

And save the comments/criticism about this poll only having about 200 people voting, because if you are one of those types...I suggest you're kinda clueless on how polls (ANY poll) actually works/represents in the first place.

For those that keep making excuses, or trying to say that they're really not bad and folks are just whining/complaining for no reason...just go look at the numbers in this poll.

Obviously, there is a silent majority that don't find the current conditions acceptable...but aren't even bothering to post.

Pretty much verifying, that a lot of folks have come to accept that the "bar"...is now basically laying right on the floor.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 04-12-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
[SIZE="2"]
Obviously, there is a silent majority that don't find the current conditions acceptable...but aren't even bothering to post.
That could work both ways ya know. I'm sure there those who don't post as to not get into an endless discussion/argument.
Heck, I didn't take the poll.
Steve
Old 04-13-2019, 06:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
That could work both ways ya know. I'm sure there those who don't post as to not get into an endless discussion/argument.
Heck, I didn't take the poll.
Steve

Sorry, but that excuse/viewpoint...doesn't hold water.

82% of voters say the conditions are at best..."FAIR to POOR."

56%...voting "POOR."

Yet the actual posts in this thread, are about 50% of folks saying... "things are just fine."

Try all you want...both can't be true.

I think I'll believe the 82%...silent majority.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:

Sorry, but that excuse/viewpoint...doesn't hold water.

82% of voters say the conditions are at best..."FAIR to POOR."

56%...voting "POOR."

Yet the actual posts in this thread, are about 50% of folks saying... "things are just fine."

Try all you want...both can't be true.

I think I'll believe the 82%...silent majority.
Exactly my point.
Steve
Old 04-13-2019, 07:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
SNIP...>Sorry, but that excuse/viewpoint...doesn't hold water.

I think I'll believe the 82%...silent majority. <...SNIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Exactly my point.
Steve
I guess we agree then.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Truman's greens are very nice. A little slow, but nice.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I guess we agree then.
Not quite.

Steve
Old 04-23-2019, 05:27 PM

Same story every year...ho hum

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
As in a lot of things these days, the bar has been steadily lowered to the point where once what would have been considered unacceptable and outside of norms by ANY reasonable person...is now accepted (and almost expected) by some folks.

This poll (with a current 198 voters) shows 56% consider the conditions "poor"...and another 26% as only "fair."

So in other words, 82% of the voters think the conditions...are at best "fair to poor."

And save the comments/criticism about this poll only having about 200 people voting, because if you are one of those types...I suggest you're kinda clueless on how polls (ANY poll) actually works/represents in the first place.

For those that keep making excuses, or trying to say that they're really not bad and folks are just whining/complaining for no reason...just go look at the numbers in this poll.

Pretty much verifying, that a lot of folks have come to accept that the "bar"...is now basically laying right on the floor.
I just dont see how anyone can actually say the majority of courses are in acceptable standards.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
Same story every year...ho hum

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yep. Waste of time.

Tags
villages, executive, maintenance, golf, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.